Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manning not going back to Colts

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4386305]zona --- indoor dome football, beautiful winter weather, larry fitzgerald, good OL, decent defense

jets -- outdoor northeast winds, two more beatings a year by the Patriots who own him, no larry fitzgerald, wayne hunter, good defense

with Team Archie making the call, he's going the Desert route[/QUOTE]

I dont like you.

You are too rational. :steamin::steamin:

A Peyton Manning offense plus a Rex Ryan defense would probably take this team to the Super Bowl.

Tom Moore becomes passing game coordinator if Manning comes here.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386203]WOW. Schefter thinks Sanchez could command a first? Who is crazy? Guys like me or Adam Schefter?

Manish was just on NFL Network saying that he got the impression from Rex that Rex would "regret" not going after Manning if he ever had a chance. He also noted how Rex holds Manning in such high esteem.

Who knows, maybe Manning comes cheap and allows the Jets to get Nicks.:D

A kid can dream, right?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and before I get my hopes up, I keep reminding myself what's going on.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386301]Completely.

My opinion is that Manning is the most valuable player in the history of the league. No player has ever been more valuable to his team than Manning.

Call me crazy, but Peyton Manning is underrated.

BTW another plus for the Jets is that Rex doesn't give a sh*t about the offense and would let Peyton run the entire show.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Rex's penchant for adding players to his team that consistently beat him. That's extacly what he did when Santonio came up for offers. Manning has pretty much owned Rex when playing him. I think Rex would love to add him because he's a Rex killer when facing him.

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4386309]A Peyton Manning offense plus a Rex Ryan defense would probably take this team to the Super Bowl.

Tom Moore becomes passing game coordinator if Manning comes here.[/QUOTE]

A Rex Ryan Defense? I think we would have a great shot with a HEALTHY Sanchez but stop with the hint that our coach is some sort of defensive genius, he's not.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mike D;4386317]A Rex Ryan Defense? I think we would have a great shot with a HEALTHY Sanchez but stop with the hint that our coach is some sort of defensive genius, he's not.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez has a pinched nerve (just like Peyton).

Just Sayin.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386323]Sanchez has a pinched nerve (just like Peyton).

Just Sayin.[/QUOTE]

I meant a healthy Manning.

[QUOTE=parafly;4386119]If Manning's primary goal is winning championships, the two best options on this list are the Cardinals and Jets. :yes:[/QUOTE]

as much as I hate to say it....if Manning is healthy the Dolphins would be contenders.

[QUOTE=Mike D;4386317]A Rex Ryan Defense? I think we would have a great shot with a HEALTHY Sanchez but stop with the hint that our coach is some sort of defensive genius, he's not.[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan is a top defensive mind in the NFL, if not the best.

:confused::confused::confused:

[QUOTE=Guitarjet;4386300]Manning is not coming to the Jets. "Team Archie" as somone else called it would advise against it.

Minuses: Cold weather, Second team in NY, playing out of the shadow of his 2 superbowl brother, limited cap space to make a deal and too much off the field drama.

Plusses: Endorsement and marketing Nirvana that is NY.

Just dont see it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I can not see Rex and Manning meshing or Sparano

+1 They don't seem to have much in common, plus the oversizes egos will inevitably clash

All Pro
    And let's not forget the 'nerve-bothering' rain NY is plagued with.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;4324506]Why we assume that if we really going after him, he will join the Jets?
    Are we are playing in a warm climate, without nerve-bothering rain, wind and chill? Nope.
    Do we have a great pass-protecting OL? Nope
    Do we have fast wideouts? Nope
    Do we have Brady in our devision? Yes
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;4386305]zona --- indoor dome football, beautiful winter weather, larry fitzgerald, good OL, decent defense

jets -- outdoor northeast winds, two more beatings a year by the Patriots who own him, no larry fitzgerald, wayne hunter, good defense

with Team Archie making the call, he's going the Desert route[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=auctionking;4386375]I agree, I can not see Rex and Manning meshing or Sparano[/QUOTE]

Thats the point. They won't mesh at all. Rex will let Peyton do whatever the phuck he wants b.c he is a GOD.

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4386410]And let's not forget the 'nerve-bothering' rain NY is plagued with.[/QUOTE]

I hate that rain.