Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Even I don't believe this--Adam Schefter said Jets could get 1st rounder for Sanchez

Hall Of Fame

Even I don't believe this--Adam Schefter said Jets could get 1st rounder for Sanchez

He was just on ESPN Radio with Michael Kay discussing Manning and possible destinations and whilst analyzing the Jets as potential suitors said "the Jets could sign Manning and trade Sanchez for a 1st round pick--that's what they could get for him-- then they'd have 2 first rounders to build around Manning".

I'm sorry, I'm as big (not tall) a Sanchez fan as any here, but I don't think we'd get a 1st for him.

I know some of you are going to say we'd be lucky with a 7th--but that's just as silly.

But a first rounder doesn't make any sense. MAYBE a second, definitely a third plus.

Hey, Schefty said it--not me :O

_

I agree, not sure what team would deal for him if the jets let him go. This is going to be another bizarre and traumatic off season for jets fans, like most others with highs and lows and wtfs?

Seattle? If they can't trade up for RGIII?

Pete Carroll-West Coast-Less pressure to play perfect

Not saying a first, but maybe we could get a 2

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4386148]I agree, not sure what team would deal for him if the jets let him go. This is going to be another bizarre and traumatic off season for jets fans, like most others with highs and lows and wtfs?[/QUOTE]

Patriots have 2 low first round picks--can you imagine the internetz all exploding at one time? :eek:

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4386146]He was just on ESPN Radio with Michael Kay discussing Manning and possible destinations and whilst analyzing the Jets as potential suitors said "the Jets could sign Manning and trade Sanchez for a 1st round pick--that's what they could get for him-- then they'd have 2 first rounders to build around Manning".

I'm sorry, I'm as big (not tall) a Sanchez fan as any here, but I don't think we'd get a 1st for him.

I know some of you are going to say we'd be lucky with a 7th--but that's just as silly.

But a first rounder doesn't make any sense. MAYBE a second, definitely a third plus.

_[/QUOTE]

What did the Raiders give up for Carson Palmer?? A first and a 2nd.. I could see a 1st.. But I'm still a Sanchez supporter..

All League
    I'll believe it when I see it. The best I would think would be a 3rd from someone like Washington if they strike out on other QBs.

Snyder loved Sanchez coming out of college.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Johnny Drama;4386151]Seattle? If they can't trade up for RGIII?

Pete Carroll-West Coast-Less pressure to play perfect

Not saying a first, but maybe we could get a 2[/QUOTE]

That pick is too high.

Maybe Clevelands second pick in the first?

Even that I don't think so.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4386146]He was just on ESPN Radio with Michael Kay discussing Manning and possible destinations and whilst analyzing the Jets as potential suitors said "the Jets could sign Manning and trade Sanchez for a 1st round pick--that's what they could get for him-- then they'd have 2 first rounders to build around Manning".

_[/QUOTE]

A 24 year old qb with 4 road playoff wins, he certainly can net a 1st rounder.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4386154]What did the Raiders give up for Carson Palmer?? A first and a 2nd.. I could see a 1st.. [B]But I'm still a Sanchez supporter[/B]..[/QUOTE]

Oh, me too--just felt it my duty to throw this out there :D

_

[QUOTE=Savage69;4386154]What did the Raiders give up for Carson Palmer?? A first and a 2nd.. I could see a 1st..[B] But I'm still a Sanchez supporter.[/B].[/QUOTE]

So am I!!

while less than educated jet fans hammer Sanchez, other teams would be more than happy to have him.

2 straight AFC champ games, where he was one if not the best player on the field during those playoffs, the simpleton football fan blames him while his incompetent OC, o-line and wr's get a pass.

He'd fetch a #1 or very high #2 for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4386158]A 24 year old qb with 4 road playoff wins, he certainly can net a 1st rounder.[/QUOTE]

Who?

Look at the bottom of the first round--which team needs a QB?

San Fran? Denver? Tennessee? Cleveland?

_

[QUOTE=ozu;4386155]I'll believe it when I see it. The best I would think would be a 3rd from someone like Washington if they strike out on other QBs.

Snyder loved Sanchez coming out of college.[/QUOTE]

A 3rd?? Thank God you are not our GM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=child please;4386161][B]while less than educated jet fans hammer Sanchez, [/B]other teams would be more than happy to have him.

2 straight AFC champ games, where he was one if not the best player on the field during those playoffs, the simpleton football fan blames him while his incompetent OC, o-line and wr's get a pass.

He'd fetch a #1 or very high #2 for sure.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S what I'm TALKING about :D

_

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jets traded Sanchez I would make my way to Home Depot immediately so that I could paint Teh Bunker a new shade of blue. Not because I am such a fan of his (I am), but because it would now and forever solidify the myopic, misguided, star-crossed fate of this franchise in my mind once and for all.

This whole "Jets need a new QB now" thing is getting way out of hand.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4386158]A 24 year old qb with 4 road playoff wins, he certainly can net a 1st rounder.[/QUOTE]

This!!!!

[QUOTE=JStokes;4386162]Who?

Look at the bottom of the first round--which team needs a QB?

San Fran? Denver? Tennessee? Cleveland?

_[/QUOTE]

Hypothetically, I honestly feel Arizona would be a nice fit for him. Don't sell him short, he is good young QB.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4386166]This whole "Jets need a new QB now" thing is getting way out of hand.[/QUOTE]

I've been fighting the good fight for months now.

It gets tiring.

And it's always the same guys. Sheesh.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4386168]Hypothetically, I honestly feel Arizona would be a nice fit for him. [B] Don't sell him short, he is good young QB[/B].[/QUOTE]

Have you not been reading my posts the last few weeks/months/years?

_