Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Even I don't believe this--Adam Schefter said Jets could get 1st rounder for Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    low 2nd rounder/high 3rd for Sanchez. He has a ginormous contract though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4386211]LOL. I forgot you had more knowledge inside NFL organizations and about football in general than Adam Schefter. Aren't you one of the guys who said Sanchez was un-tradable because of his contract or would only net a 5th if we got lucky?

:zzz:[/QUOTE]

I take it you are a fanboy.

BTW, I never said he was untradable bc of his contract. I think I said we could get a conditional 3rd for Sanchez. And I stand by that. I think Schefter is talking out of his ass.

BUT I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS.

No ego here. I couldn't care less what weight my posts carry here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no doubt in my mind Snachez would bring a first rounder, and probably more.

The point is do the Jets really want Peyton? He is one blindside hit away from an unhappy future, and I am a huge Peyton Manning fan. Build around Sanchez, make him better, put him in a position to succeed. Smart play calling, a better running game, and WR's who aren't prima donnas will help. Time to see the field will help. A new gameplan will help. On the other hand you can have a HOF QB, wait, we have traveled this path before...mixed feelings but tending to want to stick with Sanchez and give him the reigns with a good OC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386221]I take it you are a fanboy.

BTW, I never said he was untradable bc of his contract. I think I said we could get a conditional 3rd for Sanchez. And I stand by that. I think Schefter is talking out of his ass.

BUT I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS.

No ego here. I couldn't care less what weight my posts carry here.[/QUOTE]

Not a fan boy at all. Im actually very intrigued by netting a first for Sanchez, and having 2 firsts to build around Manning. You just undervalue and underrate Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Tannehill will probably be drafted in the first round :eek:

Sanchez is better and I want to see the first year after shott

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4386230]Not a fan boy at all. Im actually very intrigued by netting a first for Sanchez, and having 2 firsts to build around Manning. You just undervalue and underrate Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Package those two first rounders for RG3 and I think we are all very happy little boys. RG3 has already said he is very willing to play behind Manning.

I might undervalue Sanchez, but I undervalue every player. That is my honest opinion. I am a pessimist. Can't help it.;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4386230]Not a fan boy at all. Im actually very intrigued by netting a first for Sanchez, and having 2 firsts to build around Manning. You just undervalue and underrate Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Building around a soon to be 36 year old qb coming off a neck injury who still hasnt thrown a football?

wow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4386236]Building around a soon to be 36 year old qb coming off a neck injury who still hasnt thrown a football?

wow[/QUOTE]

I think Peyton plays 3-5 more years. Or until he wins another SB.

He would go from being a legend to being a GOD if he won a SB for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4386236]Building around a soon to be 36 year old qb coming off a neck injury who still hasnt thrown a football?

wow[/QUOTE]

Just making a quick point here that there is a video of Manning the other day throwing the ball very well.

Not saying he's healthy or that I want him because I don't. Just stating a fact that he has been throwing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386240]I think Peyton plays 3-5 more years. Or until he wins another SB.

He would go from being a legend to being a GOD if he won a SB for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Again, has anyone even seen him softly toss a football since his neck injury? Anyone? Any tape of him running drills and saying how the neck feel great?

This is borderline insane!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4386246]Just making a quick point here that there is a video of Manning the other day throwing the ball very well.

Not saying he's healthy or that I want him because I don't. Just stating a fact that he has been throwing.[/QUOTE]

So, you hate Sanchez now too.

:alien:
    _

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4386246]Just making a quick point here that there is a video of Manning the per day throwing the ball very well.

Not saying he's healthy or that I want him because I don't. Just stating a fact.[/QUOTE]

Then my apologies for getting so worked up about the "footage"

My point is that he is 36 coming off a neck injury in a cold weather stadium when we have a 24 year old qb with 4 playoff wins under his belt after plaing last season with no LT...........

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

wow[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I wanted to make the move but if a team is willing to give you a #1 for Sanchez, you listen.

Im torn on the topic. The main reason I would want Manning is to keep him away from Miami. Imagine if he plays another 3 healthy years for the Fins? We come in 3rd every year.

In my perfect world Manning goes to Arizona and we don't have to worry about anything though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386240]I think Peyton plays 3-5 more years. Or until he wins another SB.

He would go from being a legend to being a GOD if he won a SB for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

He already is an immortal player--he doesn't need the Jets or any other team to cement that.

You sound like a Knick fan trying to convince yourself LeBron NEEDED to come to the Knicks to be a true superstar :D

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big fan of sanchez and I'm still in his corner this year...but he's not fetching more than a late 2 or 3. Tanny better not even be considering 18.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4386252]Then my apologies for getting so worked up about the "footage"

My point is that he is 36 coming off a neck injury in a cold weather stadium when we have a 24 year old qb with 4 playoff wins under his belt after plaing last season with [B]no LT[/B]...........[/QUOTE]

No RT.

But yeah, this.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4386252]Then my apologies for getting so worked up about the "footage"

My point is that he is 36 coming off a neck injury in a cold weather stadium when we have a 24 year old qb with 4 playoff wins under his belt after plaing last season with no LT...........[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I want to keep Sanchez and think we are foolish if we don't. Maybe he succeeds. Maybe he fails. But I just don't think it's wise to give up on the kid.

Here is the video.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVAiFAmLc4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4386257]I agree with you. I want to keep Sanchez and think we are foolish if we don't. Maybe he succeeds. Maybe he fails. But I just don't think it's wise to give up on the kid.

Here is the video.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVAiFAmLc4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url][/QUOTE]

Did jetsrule film that :eek:

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my opinion

1) Don't bother with Manning

2) Let Sanchez be the Jets QB

NO Favre ERROR, volume 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4386247]Again, has anyone even seen him softly toss a football since his neck injury? Anyone? Any tape of him running drills and saying how the neck feel great?

This is borderline insane![/QUOTE]

Yes there is. He looked pretty damn good.

When I heard Jeff Saturday at the combine laughing at the NFL Network analysts when asked if he thought Peyton was going to play again I knew Peyton was doing very well in his rehab.

I think he is going to be so motivated that he is going to dominate.

Also, if you are concerned about him taking big hits . . .When has Peyton ever taken a big hit? He ALWAYS gets rid of the ball and never gets caught off-guard by a blitz. And when he gets sacked, he is usually already ducking and protecting himself. He knows every NFL defense like the back of his hand.