3 50.00%
  • Sanchez was 'not' at the top of his 'position'

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFAN Tanny: "Sanchez was a 'gym rat', NOT at the top of his position

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

WFAN Tanny: "Sanchez was a 'gym rat', NOT at the top of his position

This was said by Tanny 5 days ago. Sorry about the delay...

"Concerning the draft, there are two kinds of players that you look for, one is a player at or near the top at his position, and the other are "gym rats" with great habits".

We gave up picks to move up to draft the single most important position player on the field - WHO WASN'T AT THE TOP OF HIS POSITION?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

We follow up on "gym rat" bust Gholston, by drafting another gym rat at a position that is absolutely critical for getting to a Super Bowl???

Boomer and Carton are getting way too soft with executives.

PS - And, what are the players saying about Sanchez' habits? Would you believe players or executives?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4386217]This was said by Tanny 5 days ago. Sorry about the delay...

"Concerning the draft, there are two kinds of players that you look for, one is a player at or near the top at his position, and the other are "gym rats" with great habits".

We gave up picks to move up to draft the single most important position player on the field - WHO WASN'T AT THE TOP OF HIS POSITION?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

We follow up on "gym rat" bust Gholston, by drafting another gym rat at a position that is absolutely critical for getting to a Super Bowl???

PS - And, what are the players saying about Sanchez' habits? Would you believe players or executives?[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is a gym rat as in studies the playbook, watches film and tries to get better.

Gholston is a gym rat as in going to the gym and doing curls for 8 hours straight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i didn't know sanchez had a similiar combine to RGIII and ran a 4.3 and threw up 225 20+ times. I'm not even sure if sanchez could bench 225 more than 10 times.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny did not say Sanchez was a Gym Rat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4386241]Tanny did not say Sanchez was a Gym Rat.[/QUOTE]

Shhhh, Schroy likes to hear things the way he wants.:yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matthew Stafford was at the top of his position that year, so what?

Does it mean RGIII is just a gym rat this year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4386217]This was said by Tanny 5 days ago. Sorry about the delay...

PS - And, what are the players saying about Sanchez' habits? Would you believe players or executives?[/QUOTE]

Sanchez was the second rated QB in that draft.

Stafford was the top rated QB in that draft.

Lions took Stafford with the first pick.

We took the second highest rated QB with the 5th pick.

WTF are you talking about?

BTW--all of his TEAMMATES say he has great work habits.

Did you ever hear Mangold talk about him? The guy he has the closest on-field relationship with?

Every village needs its' idiot.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    schroy vey

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the audio if he said that. If true he should be fired IMO. Where as I could here Tanny say he drafted Mark more on workouts more then play. To draft a guy you didn't think highly of his college play just doesn't sound like Tanny. I highly doubt he would draft a guy simply because he looked good in the gym. Mark like every USC QB is usually seen as "pro ready". I felt he was more of a 3-4 year project but you don't draft a guy in the top ten if you think that. Tanny obviously thought more of Mark then a lot of people to trade up and pay him the kind of money he did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    just my opinion, dreamers but you seem to get a lot of joy out of demanding the firing of just about everybody in your posts

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4386263]schroy vey[/QUOTE]

LOL. Best post of the day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you have a better idea? Did you want Kellen Clemens to QB this team?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4386245]Shhhh, Schroy likes to hear things the way he wants.:yes:[/QUOTE]

does schroy ever re post in his thought invoking threads??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep fighting Schroy. Don't let them bully you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4386308]does schroy ever re post in his thought invoking threads??[/QUOTE]

No, he's here as a service to the board.

He makes us THINK.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4386249]

Every village needs its' idiot.

_[/QUOTE]

You keep ending you post with the same frase "village idiot" thats what you are for refusing to see the light, your star attraction is a waste of talent. Your
    three year project is, not was, but is a Pfailure. It's time to move on the Jets needs to scrap the Mark Sanchez project, he failed miserably last season.
    Lets get the Peyton Manning train on the tracks time to ride to the promise land.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4386322]You keep ending you post with the same frase "village idiot" thats what you are for refusing to see the light, your star attraction is a waste of talent. Your
    three year project is, not was, but is a Pfailure. It's time to move on the Jets needs to scrap the Mark Sanchez project, he failed miserably last season.
    Lets get the Peyton Manning train on the tracks time to ride to the promise land.[/QUOTE]

Interesting phraseology, diction and spelling.

How come 95% of your posts sound like ghetto gansta thug life ignorant garbage, but when you want to make a point--you seem to be able to type reasonably passable English?

What happened to all your whodat dumbazz chit?

Who are you--Stephen A. Smith?

Are you somewhat educated, but like to come off as ghetto--or are you ghetto with an uncanny ability to sporadically converse like a somewhat educated adult?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

"players" didn't speak negatively about Sanchez' work ethic... It was Holmes, or possibly no ken. Everyone has said positive things about Sanxhez' work ethic, including Plax today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're confusing terms...

"Gym Rat" does not mean workout warrior i.e. great combine performance. It means, the player is a hard worker. However, I don't really see where he said that Sanchez is a gym rat or at the top of his position, for that matter. Maybe you left out another part of the interview.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo;4386345]"Gym Rat" does not mean workout warrior i.e. great combine performance. It means, the player is a hard worker. However, I don't really see where he said that Sanchez is a gym rat or at the top of his position, for that matter. Maybe you left out another part of the interview.[/QUOTE]

To me a gym rat hangs out in the gym during all his spare time and is a jack of all sports and not necessarily a master of any, no more no less.