Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanchez was a 'gym rat'

3 50.00%
  • Sanchez was 'not' at the top of his 'position'

3 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFAN Tanny: "Sanchez was a 'gym rat', NOT at the top of his position

[QUOTE=JStokes;4386249]Sanchez was the second rated QB in that draft.

Stafford was the top rated QB in that draft.

Lions took Stafford with the first pick.

We took the second highest rated QB with the 5th pick.

WTF are you talking about?

BTW--all of his TEAMMATES say he has great work habits.

Did you ever hear Mangold talk about him? The guy he has the closest on-field relationship with?

Every village needs its' idiot.

_[/QUOTE]
    Dump this $hit thread. Every day starts a F all thread

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4386217]This was said by Tanny 5 days ago. Sorry about the delay...

"Concerning the draft, there are two kinds of players that you look for, one is a player at or near the top at his position, and the other are "gym rats" with great habits".

We gave up picks to move up to draft the single most important position player on the field - WHO WASN'T AT THE TOP OF HIS POSITION?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

We follow up on "gym rat" bust Gholston, by drafting another gym rat at a position that is absolutely critical for getting to a Super Bowl???

Boomer and Carton are getting way too soft with executives.

PS - And, what are the players saying about Sanchez' habits? Would you believe players or executives?[/QUOTE]

where in there is there anywhere saying "Sanchez is a gym rat"

dump....as usual

All League
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386311]Keep fighting Schroy. Don't let them bully you.[/QUOTE]

what fight?? schroy plants his seeds with silly threads then undoubtedly sits back & watches (from afar) them grow.. not my idea of an entertaining hobby but what hell do i know..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4386217]This was said by Tanny 5 days ago. Sorry about the delay...

"Concerning the draft, there are two kinds of players that you look for, one is a player at or near the top at his position, and the other are "gym rats" with great habits".

We gave up picks to move up to draft the single most important position player on the field - WHO WASN'T AT THE TOP OF HIS POSITION?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

We follow up on "gym rat" bust Gholston, by drafting another gym rat at a position that is absolutely critical for getting to a Super Bowl???

Boomer and Carton are getting way too soft with executives.

PS - And, what are the players saying about Sanchez' habits? Would you believe players or executives?[/QUOTE]

Man how do you f(^k up an interview this badly? You missed the point completely and type what you wanted to hear. Tanny never put it that way, never said that Sanchez was just a gym rat.

He's been more than subtle in his listing all the things that he feels Sanchez brings to the table in the years since he was drafted. Stop making sh1t up.

Stick to putting up pointless, mindless polls.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;4386296]just my opinion, dreamers but you seem to get a lot of joy out of demanding the firing of just about everybody in your posts[/QUOTE]

other then Shotty who have i asked to be fired? I like Rex and our QB coach. I even liked the O-Line coach. Most GMs lose their jobs when they get it wrong at QB. If you actual have a GM saying all he went on was his work out before drafting a guy in the top 5 that seems extreme to me. Also he drafted him he is his guy. This is him bashing what is arguably his most impotent pick. What does that say about our GM. I do not think this is true and think Tanny is a very good GM. If it is this is pretty shocking.

edit heck I was one of the few saying JoePa should not have been fired.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 03-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.

It's seems relatively obvious that Schroy didn't understand what Tanny was saying.

I DID NOT HEAR THE INTERVIEW

but what Schroy claims Tanny said makes no sense.

What would make sense is if Tanny said that the Jets look for guys who are at the top of their position AND are gym rats.

Bewildered Beast
    [I]Schroytenly![/I]

:3stooges:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4386475][I]Schroytenly![/I]

:3stooges:[/QUOTE]

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.....

Someone call Tanny and ask him what his definition of a gym rat is. We used to use that term for Airforce wives that went to the gym to pick up guys while their husband was over seas. I took this to mean workout warrior. Others seem to just this hard worker. If that is the case why not just say hard worker. Just doesn't sound like it is being used as a good term here.

[QUOTE=TechJet;4386322]You keep ending you post with the same frase "village idiot" thats what you are for refusing to see the light, your star attraction is a waste of talent. Your
    three year project is, not was, but is a Pfailure. It's time to move on the Jets needs to scrap the Mark Sanchez project, he failed miserably last season.
    Lets get the Peyton Manning train on the tracks time to ride to the promise land.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you werent the Giants GM when everyone was up in arms about how "bad" Eli was going into year 4... Lemme guess, you woulda given Shockey an extension and traded Eli away :rolleyes:

Thank god internet fans/ madden players/ couch GM's and coaches don't run the NFL!!

All Pro
    Ummm, isn't Peyton Manning the definition of a gym rat? The guy studies and works all the time. That's what makes him good.

If Sanchez has the work ethic, he will become good. If you have talent and work ethic, you will improve. He has improved every year, just not as fast as we would like.

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4386238]i didn't know sanchez had a similiar combine to RGIII and ran a 4.3 and threw up 225 20+ times. I'm not even sure if sanchez could bench 225 more than 10 times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the most important quality every team craves in a QB is how much they bench. Get off the Roids while you still have some of your brain left.

[QUOTE=chirorob;4386704]Ummm, isn't Peyton Manning the definition of a gym rat? The guy studies and works all the time. That's what makes him good.

If Sanchez has the work ethic, he will become good. If you have talent and work ethic, you will improve. He has improved every year, just not as fast as we would like.[/QUOTE]

reading between the lines, i'm wondering if tanny is trying to justify drafting sanchez. he's saying that he fell in love with his work ethic and passion for the game, and assumed that over time he'd improve. maybe he's trying to say that sanchez is a good kid who is really trying, but simply isn't that good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chirorob;4386704]Ummm, [B]isn't Peyton Manning the definition of a gym rat? [/B] The guy studies and works all the time. That's what makes him good.

If Sanchez has the work ethic, he will become good. If you have talent and work ethic, you will improve. He has improved every year, just not as fast as we would like.[/QUOTE]

With all the operations I would go more Lab rat instead..

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4386475][I]Schroytenly![/I]

:3stooges:[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

PS - Tanny most definitely used the term "gym rat" to describe the USC Sanchez. If you remember Mark's first season, he was lauded for staying on the field longer than any other player in practice etc. My point is, how can you risk the future on a #5 overall pick that has questionable decision making ability at the most important position on the team?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4388225]:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

PS - Tanny most definitely used the term "gym rat" to describe the USC Sanchez. If you remember Mark's first season, he was lauded for staying on the field longer than any other player in practice etc. My point is, how can you risk the future on a #5 overall pick that has questionable decision making ability at the most important position on the team?[/QUOTE]

Your point is a bunch of Nonsense!! Tanny never stated that Sanchez is a Gym Rat!!!

Maybe it would be a good idea to work on listening skills and reading comprehension. Just Sayin

Jets Insider VIP
    Dear Schroy48

I just noticed that the Landing Strip is a little short of Peyton Manning threads. If possible could you start one up as soon as possible and make sure to include a poll in it so all of us can vote and participate in it

Thank you

your pal

sg3

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4388225]:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

PS - Tanny most definitely used the term "gym rat" to describe the USC Sanchez. If you remember Mark's first season, he was lauded for staying on the field longer than any other player in practice etc. My point is, how can you risk the future on a #5 overall pick that has questionable decision making ability at the most important position on the team?[/QUOTE]

So he was a gym rat AND the second rated QB in the draft that year.

They are not mutually exclusive.

You are still making no sense.

But it's what we've come to expect.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4386316]No, he's here as a service to the board.

He makes us THINK.

_[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he tries to make us think because he's incapable of generating logical thoughts?

Ever think about that?