Thread: Cosell thinks Luck sucks and RGIII is the truth

All Pro

Cosell thinks Luck sucks and RGIII is the truth

Well, there you have it folks. RGIII = superior Vick, Luck = sounds like another Carson Palmer.

[QUOTE]Robert Griffin III - QB - Player
    After watching two of Baylor QB Robert Griffin III's game tapes, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell observed that Griffin's arm strength "stood out" and he showed "natural velocity" as a passer.
    Cosell was impressed by RG3's ability to throw from different arm angles, "excellent deep ball," a "wow element," and easy, natural passing motion. Cosell believes Griffin must work on his comfort making intermediate throws along with "some undisciplined plays" when he gets outside the pocket. Cosell also called Griffin's 4.40 forty time the "most meaningless stat of the Combine."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Andrew Luck - QB - Player
    After watching three of Stanford QB Andrew Luck's game tapes, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell "did not see Luck as a special passer."
    Cosell watches more game tape than any human on the planet, so he knows what to look for. Cosell credits Luck for his sharp mechanics, ability to manipulate defensive backs with his eyes, Luck's "efficiency" as a passer, and his consistency in throwing "catchable" balls. Cosell noticed that Luck tends to lift his back foot before ripping passes, which can negatively impact velocity. "Did not drive the ball," Cosell wrote. "A touch passer."[/QUOTE]

All League
    Not sure that's accurate. He just said on Twitter that he hasn't seen enough of either, 2-3 games each, to make an evaluation.

Jets Insider VIP
    No where in there does he say that Luck sucks. Stupid thread title.

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares?

32 NFL GMs will give their first born to draft this kid.

As we get closer to the draft there will be more and more "experts" trying to pick out flaws in Luck b.c if he busts they will be able to say "I told you so". The truth is there was no weakness in his game at the collegiate level and everyone believes he skill set will translate perfectly to the NFL game.

If Luck busts, there will be the usual naysayers that will blame Irsay and the new GM but the truth is this is a no-brainer and must-pick player. The GM will not be held accountable for how Luck turns out. It is an organizational decision.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4386805]No where in there does he say that Luck sucks. Stupid thread title.[/QUOTE]

What's that? You don't want me jumping to mal or mis informed conclusions about players??

re-he-he-he-he-ally....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

In the games I've seen with Luck, I didn't see him "drive the ball" too much, either. It didn't seem like he had to though. When he needed to put mustard on the ball, he did. But, when a nice touch pass was called for, that's what threw.

I didn't see all that many 15 yard outs from his receivers where he needed to drive the ball outside the numbers. Doesn't mean he can't do it - only that he didn't do it all that much when I watched him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Howard?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4386776]Well, there you have it folks. RGIII = superior Vick, Luck = sounds like another Carson Palmer.[/QUOTE]
    His obervation makes Luck sounds like the second comming of Tom (Im ghey) Brady.