Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: concentrate on the **** that matters...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

concentrate on the **** that matters...

Romney declared he will cut taxes 20% across the board...this has sealed my vote, as it should every other working American. The well has run dry.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't take the pandering anymore.

Obama panders to the mopes who think they deserve stuff and don't want to work for it.

Romney panders to those who have stuff and think they pay too much to get it.

And the band plays on spending money we don't have, keeping talentless, souless ticks sucking the blood out of this country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386804]Romney declared he will cut taxes 20% across the board...this has sealed my vote, as it should every other working American. The well has run dry.[/QUOTE]

He made have expanded on that but my question is, how? How do you make a blanket remark that you will cut taxes 20% across the board with debt growing constantly and ~50% of the nation not paying taxes in the first place. Do you have a link to him explaining this?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386804]Romney declared he will cut taxes 20% across the board...this has sealed my vote, as it should every other working American. The well has run dry.[/QUOTE]

We could pick somebody at random out of a phone book at this point and I'd vote for them--- assured beyond any shadow of a doubt they couldn't possibly **** **** up any worse or any more than the guy who holds the position of POTUS right now.

All these people bagging on Romney can go suck a fart. He's not that bad. Nobody is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4386828]He made have expanded on that but my question is, how? How do you make a blanket remark that you will cut taxes 20% across the board with debt growing constantly and ~50% of the nation not paying taxes in the first place. Do you have a link to him explaining this?[/QUOTE]

I don't, I will look for something, all I know is I almost fell over when I heard it this morning. lol

As to piper's point of pandering, I think the upper middle class is getting wiped out, we all hear about the middle class struggles however those that have made some money at this point in their lives are in no position to give it all away with the future of this economy and this Country looking as bleak as it does now. For selfish reasons alone taxes must be reduced, and anyone who says otherwise is just as selfish because they want the entitlements.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386842]I don't, I will look for something, all I know is I almost fell over when I heard it this morning. lol

As to piper's point of pandering, I think the upper middle class is getting wiped out, we all hear about the middle class struggles however those that have made some money at this point in their lives are in no position to give it all away with the future of this economy and this Country looking as bleak as it does now. For selfish reasons alone taxes must be reduced, and anyone who says otherwise is just as selfish because they want the entitlements.[/QUOTE]

Communism is about destroying the middle class and destroying the Catholic Church.

If you haven't noticed a pattern over the last 3 years, you have your head up you ass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Bush said "Read My Lips"

They will say anything to get elected. :zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4386855]And Bush said "Read My Lips"

They will say anything to get elected. :zzz:[/QUOTE]

Umm, you do realize those taxes were proposed by a democrat congress and used as a lever against spending cuts Bush wanted, right?

Probably not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4386865]Umm, you do realize those taxes were proposed by a democrat congress and used as a lever against spending cuts Bush wanted, right?

Probably not.[/QUOTE]

Thats besides the point. He shouldn't have made promises he couldn't keep.

D or R.....they say what ever gets them votes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4386853]Communism is about destroying the middle class and destroying the Catholic Church.

If you haven't noticed a pattern over the last 3 years, you have your head up you ass.[/QUOTE]

umm, I've noticed, however I usually have my head up my ass...

btw, here is a link to the Romney plan

[URL]http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm[/URL]

the money will need to come from somwhere and he says new tax sources and economic expansion...I assume some stuff will be cut and certain aspects of BO's healthcare are sure to be included in those cuts. Lowered capital gains will only encourage economic growth.

Libs will pummel this idea, bank on it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4386877]Thats besides the point. He shouldn't have made promises he couldn't keep.

D or R.....they say what ever gets them votes.[/QUOTE]

Does it bother that BO lies? Is that like breaking promises or something else and in that case ok?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386878]umm, I've noticed, however I usually have my head up my ass...[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean you specifically. ;) I guess i didn't phrase that right.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4386878]

the money will need to come from somwhere and he says new tax sources and economic expansion...I assume some stuff will be cut and certain aspects of BO's healthcare are sure to be included in those cuts. Lowered capital gains will only encourage economic growth.

Libs will pummel this idea, bank on it.[/QUOTE]

Just undo Obama's regulations and get rid of Obamacare (an absolute boondoggle and money burner) and watch the economy rebound.

Another thing to keep in mind: 4 more years of Obama means at least one more Kagin or Wise Latina, which would give the communists a 5-4 majority in the Supreme Court.

That should scare the **** out of anybody who doesn't have there head up there ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386878]umm, I've noticed, however I usually have my head up my ass...

All due respect...this plan is just garbage. 20 percent with our spending? We will not be able to grow our way out of this. EVER.

We need a 10 percent reduction in basically ALL federal and state spending... and tax rates are as low as they should be IMO. I , as a conservative support a tax increase for those making 1Million or more.

Just my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386878]umm, I've noticed, however I usually have my head up my ass...

I think the most important taxes to cut today are corporate taxes. We will soon have the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Where do you think new companies will set up and old companies will want to leave. If we really are worried about jobs then this is the #1 thing to look at.

[QUOTE] [B] [URL="http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers"]Washington Whispers[/URL] [/B]

[B]'Dubious Distinction' for U.S. Corporate Tax Rate[/B]

By [URL="http://www.usnews.com/topics/author/lauren_fox"] Lauren Fox[/URL]

March 1, 2012 One month from today, when Japan lowers its corporate tax rate to 35 percent from 39.5 percent, that sucking sound you hear will be the contents of American nest eggs being pulled overseas, says John Kartch, a spokesman for Americans for Tax Reform.

For on that day, the United States will own the "dubious distinction of possessing the highest corporate tax rate" in the developed world. And even President Obama's February proposal to lower the U.S. corporate tax rate to roughly 32 percent from the current 39.2 percent won't help much, says Americans for Tax Reform, which opposes all tax increases.

All of the country's six major trading partners--Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Japan, France, and Germany--have lower rates, a huge obstacle for the U.S. as it struggles to keep companies from establishing businesses abroad.

"Capital and jobs will continue to flow overseas, rather than staying here to create jobs, increase wages, fund pensions, invest in new business, or grow nest eggs," says John Kartch, a spokesman for The Americans for Tax Reform.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/03/01/dubious-distinction-for-us-corporate-tax-rate[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4386888]All due respect...this plan is just garbage. 20 percent with our spending? We will not be able to grow our way out of this. EVER.

We need a 10 percent reduction in basically ALL federal and state spending... and tax rates are as low as they should be IMO. I , as a conservative support a tax increase for those making 1Million or more.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your spending points, and suspect Romney knows this as well and is keeping his intended cuts quiet so as not to give the libs any ammo. The fat has to be cut, he is the only guy I have confidence in to do so.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4386877]Thats besides the point. He shouldn't have made promises he couldn't keep.

D or R.....they say what ever gets them votes.[/QUOTE]

True. But there is a big difference between the two situations.
    Bush's (HW) biggest flaw was believing others in DC wanted what was good for the country as much as he did. Much like Reagan did early on. The difference was that Reagan recognized the Tip O'neills of the world early on, and Bush didn't learn from his scar tissue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4386888]All due respect...this plan is just garbage. 20 percent with our spending? We will not be able to grow our way out of this. EVER.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

We're going to at some point have to face the fact that our best option is a national sales tax. Dramatically reduce corporate/payroll tax and levy a sales tax on everything but basic food, shelter and health care.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4386899]I agree with your spending points, and suspect Romney knows this as well and is keeping his intended cuts quiet so as not to give the libs any ammo. The fat has to be cut, he is the only guy I have confidence in to do so.[/QUOTE]

This piece on the city of Ithaca is rampant in ALL cities..specifically unionized cities.

The proposed 2012 budget compounds the mistakes of previous years. The
    Mayor brags of “no layoffs” while her budget gives us fewer cops and
    firefighters, worsens street repair, and nearly exhausts our fund balance
    (reserves). The fund balance was plundered of $995,000 for 2012 and $792,000
    for 2011 to paper over deficits. According to the Mayor’s own narrative, “If
    all fund balance appropriations in 2011 and 2012 were used, the fund balance
    would be at approximately 11% of operations….We will not be able to
    continue large appropriations of the fund balance for much longer.”

[B]The City of Ithaca is nearly bankrupt[/B] and can no longer afford the current
    payroll and fringe benefits. This would be a good time to change those
    arrangements. Three city labor contracts expired on 12/31/10 and are now in
    negotiation. Four more expire on 12/31/11. All should be renegotiated [B]to
    bring City pay in line with pay for the same work in the private sector,[/B] and
    to retain (or regain) the flexibility to contract out City operations to
    private vendors.

[B]Personnel costs and fringe benefits are 72.8% of our General Funds budget,[/B]a total of $36,856,61. [B]Pension costs have increased 3,351% since 2001.[/B]Government worker unions have priced their members right out of the market,
    and the City must turn more to the private sector.

Spending tomorrow’s money today (borrowing to meet operating expenses)
    means that debt service is now 14.2% of our budget — over $8 million per
    year. The City’s total debt will still increase by over $1.3 million this

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4386960]
    [B]Personnel costs and fringe benefits are 72.8% of our General Funds budget,[/B]a total of $36,856,61. [B]Pension costs have increased 3,351% since 2001.[/B]Government worker unions have priced their members right out of the market,
    [/QUOTE]

it's frightening, wait and see what happens when the baby boomer retirements start adding up and there is no one with jobs to pay the bills. How many govt jobs have been added under the BO watch? I know the private sector has sucked wind and those are the chumps that pay the bills

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4387002]it's frightening, wait and see what happens when the baby boomer retirements start adding up and there is no one with jobs to pay the bills. How many govt jobs have been added under the BO watch? I know the private sector has sucked wind and those are the chumps that pay the bills[/QUOTE]

I saw this first hand in the 90's when I audited towns and villages on LI. More disturbing was top brass totally admitted to me (off the record of course) they were abusing the system and could not understand why town and county councils would not put their foot down against the unions.

This is even worse at the federal level.