Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: concentrate on the **** that matters...

All Pro
    Gotta love the Paulbots parroting how prepaid SS & Medicare will be forfeited or diminished.

The rational view is that I was compelled to contribute and the goverment is compelled to give it back to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4388509]Gotta love the Paulbots parroting how prepaid SS & Medicare will be forfeited or diminished.

The rational view is that I was compelled to contribute and the goverment is compelled to give it back to me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although compelled isn't strong enough a word

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4388509]Gotta love the Paulbots parroting how prepaid SS & Medicare will be forfeited or diminished.

The rational view is that I was compelled to contribute and the goverment is compelled to give it back to me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly and people regardless of party expect that contract to be honored regardless of whether it was put in a trust or pissed away.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4389207]Exactly and people regardless of party expect that contract to be honored regardless of whether it was put in a trust or pissed away.[/QUOTE]

I fully expect to never see any of that money.

President Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported adjusted gross income of $789,674 in 2011 and paid just over 20 percent of it to the federal government in taxes.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/us/politics/obamas-release-tax-returns.html?_r=1[/url]

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4434587]President Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported adjusted gross income of $789,674 in 2011 and paid just over 20 percent of it to the federal government in taxes.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/us/politics/obamas-release-tax-returns.html?_r=1[/url][/QUOTE]

Did he comply with all tax laws?

He also donated 22% to charity (real charities, not his church.)

Has Romney still not released his? I wonder why not.
    Last edited by FF2; 04-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4434596]Did he comply with all tax laws?

Has Romney still not released his? [B]I wonder why not[/B].[/QUOTE]

Romney released 2010 a while ago.

His 2011 won't be ready until October....

That's why.

BTW...Michelle doesn't have a job???? That's an outrage.(lol)

Jets Insider VIP

He also donated 22% to charity ([B]real charities, not his church[/B].)

Has Romney still not released his? I wonder why not.[/QUOTE]

Unreal.

Hall Of Fame
    Any successful effort to reduce or eliminate social security for the wealthy is effectively a death knell of this program for the middle class as well. Even if it starts off as drawing a line say at say $500K per year or a net worth of $5million, there would simply be too much money involved in lowering the bar to expect that politicians of either party will be able to resist that temptation in the future. Pretty soon anyone with any kind of 401K or pension plan would be defined as "wealthy" for purposes of (not) collecting social security.

It reminds me of the joke where an older man asks a young woman if she would sleep with him for a million dollars. After thinking it over the young woman agrees to the proposition. When the man makes a second offer asking if the girl would sleep with him for a single dollar. The young woman takes offense at this and asks him what kind of a girl did he think that she was? The response of course is that "We have already established that my dear. Now were are merely haggling over the price".

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4387196]Romney's plan is a comprehensive tax reform. He reduces rates while eliminating or reducing certain deductions. Not quite revenue neutral but close to it. He also proposed phasing out or reduction of Social Security and Medicare benefits for the wealthy.[/QUOTE]

You mean like Paul Ryan who talks about eliminating deductions but never gets specific on which ones. Without taking a knife to all the sacred cow deductions all of these tax reform proposals aren't worth used toilet paper. These deductions will not be tackled. Mortgage interest, charitible deductions, farm subsidies, Health insurance for Cadilac plans, they aren't going to do it.

No political will.

All League
    [QUOTE=Piper;4386826]I can't take the pandering anymore.

Obama panders to the mopes who think they deserve stuff and don't want to work for it.

Romney panders to those who have stuff and think they pay too much to get it.

And the band plays on spending money we don't have, keeping talentless, souless ticks sucking the blood out of this country.[/QUOTE]

1. term limits
    2. performance based salaries for politicians
    3.fixed budget

three things that will never happen in this country. :(

The reality is that there is very little substantive difference between Obama and Romney. Of course they will spend the next 7 months wasting hundreds of millions of dollars trying to convince voters that is not the case.

Bottom line: Romney is a moderate republican and will govern from the center-right. I have a feeling that should he win the election, he will end up pissing off the conservatives more then the democrats over the course of his administration.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4434613]Romney released 2010 a while ago.

His 2011 won't be ready until October....

That's why.[/QUOTE]

WTF, mine is due April 15th...why did Murray push me so hard? :D

[QUOTE=Piper;4386826]And the band plays on spending money we don't have, keeping[B] talentless, souless ticks [/B]sucking the blood out of this country.[/QUOTE]

Here they are:

[url]http://www.usa.gov/directory/federal/index.shtml[/url]

So, Mr. Bigot, donatiomns to a church do not count? Not a surprising viewpoint coming from the likes of you.
    Obama belongs to a church, BTW? Right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He also donated 22% to charity ([B]real charities, not his church.[/B])

Moral superiority, really?

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4435146]So, Mr. Bigot, donatiomns to a church do not count? Not a surprising viewpoint coming from the likes of you.
    Obama belongs to a church, BTW? Right.[/QUOTE]

belonging to a church is a wonderful thing for some people and if you want to give money to a church that's your choice.

But donations to a church are NOT the same as donations to a charity.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;4435193]belonging to a church is a wonderful thing for some people and if you want to give money to a church that's your choice.

But donations to a church are NOT the same as donations to a charity.[/QUOTE]

:huh:

[QUOTE=FF2;4435193]belonging to a church is a wonderful thing for some people and if you want to give money to a church that's your choice.

Of course they are the same. Many religins run soup kitchens and other help for the poor and less fortunate.
    AND, most religions are FAR more efficient with their spending than "charitable" organizations which squander donations on high executive salaries and recruiting measures. See United Way which is notoriously inefficient and corrupt.

Hall Of Fame

I see what you are trying to say, but most churches support charities and therefore the money goes to charity. Basically the same thing. You are arguing technicalities.