Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: concentrate on the **** that matters...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4435193]belonging to a church is a wonderful thing for some people and if you want to give money to a church that's your choice.

But donations to a church are NOT the same as donations to a charity.[/QUOTE]

Donating to cancer research isn't the same thing as donating to a food bank either.

We should get rid of charitible deductions from the tax code and let individuals decide who and where they want there money going to after they have paid their fair share of taxes. Giving to charity, like buying a home or planting corn should be a personal decision not one made for tax reasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4435229]I see what you are trying to say, but most churches support charities and therefore the money goes to charity. Basically the same thing. You are arguing technicalities.[/QUOTE]

yes churches do help charities, but they also pay salaries and build new wings on churches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4435359]yes churches do help charities, but they also pay salaries and build new wings on churches.[/QUOTE]

So do schools...

Education, whether it be in God or history has varying degrees of importance to people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4435364]So do schools... [/QUOTE]

So do hospitals...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    someone correct me if I'm wrong BO's charitable deductions were mostly profits from his children's book...lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4435450]someone correct me if I'm wrong BO's charitable deductions were mostly profits from his children's book...lol[/QUOTE]

Awesome point.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435452]Awesome point.[/QUOTE]

what does that even mean? If it is in fact true wouldn't you think that there may have been a plan in place prior to BO writing about Jimmy, Sue, and Pepper?

20 buck to anyone who gets that reference

oh yeah, you forgot to add the sarcastic smilie

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4435454]what does that even mean? If it is in fact true wouldn't you think that there may have been a plan in place prior to BO writing about Jimmy, Sue, and Pepper?

oh yeah, you forgot to add the sarcastic smilie[/QUOTE]

Is Dr. Jerome Corsi your uncle?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is on topic since it involves policy.
    Sultan barack the Magnificent indicated to other Latin American leaders in Colombia that in the first year of his second term he will make a significant effort to reform immigration policy here. He bemoaned the Republicans for hurting immigration by Latinos and blamed (by Name) Romney for actually wanting people to have to show ID. look what we have to look forward to. Habla everyone!

Separately, he DEMANDED that Romney release his income tax for the LAST 12 YEARS. Who keeps records that long?
    Romney DID release a while ago his 2010 return. He has an extension for 2011 BUT has paid his estimated tax while he has stated is $2.3 mill. Fine for me. Why 12 years? Another diversion.

All this done in press conferences in a foreign country which makes our country and him look even more foolish.
    And all the while while the secret service is roaring around with a group of hookers in that city where the summit was and drinking like a bunch of college hooligans.
    We're talking about a fairly large group of men here. Obviously they hold the president in the highest regard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4435454]what does that even mean? If it is in fact true wouldn't you think that there may have been a plan in place prior to BO writing about Jimmy, Sue, and Pepper?

oh yeah, you forgot to add the sarcastic smilie[/QUOTE]

Dick and Jane knockoffs. Pepper was their dog.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435457]Is Dr. Jerome Corsi your uncle?[/QUOTE]
    :dunce:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4435742]Dick and Jane knockoffs. Pepper was their dog.[/QUOTE]

PS21?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4386888]All due respect...this plan is just garbage. 20 percent with our spending? We will not be able to grow our way out of this. EVER.

We need a 10 percent reduction in basically ALL federal and state spending... and tax rates are as low as they should be IMO. I , as a conservative support a tax increase for those making 1Million or more.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

finally....a poster with common sense. I also dont see how a whopping 20 % tax cut will ever get us out of this mess. taxes are very reasonable in the US and among the lowest in the world. people have it way too good in this country

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4436005]finally....a poster with common sense. I also dont see how a whopping 20 % tax cut will ever get us out of this mess. taxes are very reasonable in the US and among the lowest in the world. [B]people have it way too good in this country[/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: