Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It was. My wife and son loved the series. They are cajoling me into reading at least the first one before the flick opens later this month.

As for Jennifer Lawrence, I first became aware of her in the film Winter's Bone. I thought she was absolutely brilliant in the movie. She is also quite fetching.
    She looks kind of like Rene Zelwegger... if Rene Zelwegger were hot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    She looks kind of like Rene Zelwegger... if Rene Zelwegger were hot.
    You're right. With a little Bardot thrown in.

Plus, she has better, womanly curves than Zelwegger.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in on Hunger Games. I also get a pass because I was a middle school teacher for a spell. Le GF (also a middle school teacher) turned me on to them especially as just about every kid was walking around with them. Really enjoyable fast-moving stories. From what has been advertised the films should be very visually pleasing aside from the Jennifer Lawrence part. The books are fun and I really enjoyed some of the undertones and over-arching storyline. If the movies are done well, it could turn into a pretty epic series.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ok Im glad im not the only one.

I feel like the movie theater will be filled with 14 year old girls but whatever.
    My thirteen year old son has read all of the books except for the last one. He really enjoyed them as well. However, unlike you, he really has no problem with 14 year old girls

. . . except not knowing what to do with them

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soundtrack is out.

As expected, Neko Case kills it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptepeQ_8y-A

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So who's going to man up and admit seeing it this weekend?

It was very well done imo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had never even heard of this book or series until very recently. What is it about?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might see it..however seems like a ripoff of a Japanese movie called Battle Royale,,which was awesome and super violent

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it, was good fun...recommend it. It was kind of annoying how people got up to clap every half hour though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

She was phenomenal in Winter's Bone...Oscar worthy performance.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It was very well done imo.
    I wanted to, sounds like an interesting story tbh.

No time, sadly, nor next weekend. Odds looks like it'll be a DVD watch fo rme.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good movie that tries hard to not be considered a more action orientated Twilight. It is putting up absurd box office numbers. Also Jennifer Lawrence may have a perfect female figure.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back about an hour ago. Very well done. Stuck extremely close to the book. Characters were cast and represented excellently. Jennifer Lawrence was excellent. One of the more entertaining movies I've seen in quite a bit. Granted I am no foreign film aficionado or Sun Dance attendee like everyone else on here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a broadway musical

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Jennifer Lawrence is good. I first saw her in a movie called Poker House. She really knocked it out of the park in Winter's Bone. She always delivers a quality performance.

On the way out, I saw this heavy-set guy wearing a Pennington jersey. You don't see too many Jets jerseys in Houston, especially not now because you have to deal with the arrogance of the schmuck Texans fans. Anyway, at least it wasn't a Tebow jersey.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Jennifer Lawrence is good. I first saw her in a movie called Poker House. She really knocked it out of the park in Winter's Bone. She always delivers a quality performance.

On the way out, I saw this heavy-set guy wearing a Pennington jersey. You don't see too many Jets jerseys in Houston, especially not now because you have to deal with the arrogance of the schmuck Texans fans. Anyway, at least it wasn't a Tebow jersey.
    I thought the actor who played Peeta kinda looked like Penny actually.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone give the Cliff notes on this? What's it about? A contest to see who can go without food the longest?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Can someone give the Cliff notes on this? What's it about? A contest to see who can go without food the longest?
    In a "futuristic" society, a single Capital District rules 12 outlying districts each responsible for a different task for the Capitol (mining, agriculture, steel, etc). Some odd years before the story takes place the districts had a rebellion against the Capitol. As a result, the Capitol "helps the districts to remember" what happens when you stand up against the man through a competition called the Hunger Games. Each district selects at random two tributes (aged 12-18) to compete in this tournament. The tributes must fight to the death with the winning tribute earning their district extra food for the year (hence hunger games). Originally the protagonist's (Katniss) sister is selected to be a tribute, in order to protect her sister, Katniss volunteers for the games. Epicness ensues.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just obtained a very good quality bootleg and will be watching it tomorrow night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Might see it..however seems like a ripoff of a Japanese movie called Battle Royale,,which was awesome and super violent
    Just ordered the novel Battle Royale on Amazon.

Saw the trailer for Battle Royale last weekend and it said it was based on one of the most violent contemporary novels ever, figured it's would be a good read. Bunch of 4-1/2 and 5 star reviews. Then I'll see the movie.

My two daughters read and loved Hunger Games, probably a rental when it comes out on Netflix.

_