Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got to Love the NY Press and Jets FO

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4388543]We don't have a clue if the Jets are really interested in Manning or not, other than a quote from what might be a practice squad player saying it could be great.[/QUOTE]

Sure we do.

Rex has repeatedly called Peyton Manning the best QB in the league.

The Jets are widely viewed as a team that is a QB away from being a very serious Superbowl contender.

Tanny and Rex have avoided saying that Sanchez is definitely our starter going into the season.

It doesn't take a genius or some kind of grand wizard to see that the Jets are seriously interested in Peyton Manning.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4388551]Sure we do.

Mangini has repeatedly called Brett Favre the best QB in the league.

The Jets are widely viewed as a team that is a QB away from being a very serious Superbowl contender.

Tanny and Mangini have avoided saying that Pennington or Clemens is definitely our starter going into the season.

It doesn't take a genius or some kind of grand wizard to see that the Jets are seriously interested in Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

hopefully the guys in 2012 are smarter than the dummies of 2008 were and do not repeat the BROKEN DOWN OL WRANGLER ERROR

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;4388558]hopefully the guys in 2012 are smarter than the dummies of 2008 were and do not repeat the BROKEN DOWN OL WRANGLER ERROR[/QUOTE]

I don't even see how it's remotely the same, other than Favre and Peyton both being future HOF QB's.

Favre was the wiley old gunslinger with a penchant for making just as many stupid mistakes as he did big plays.

You won't find a more cerebral, efficient QB than Peyton Manning this side of Joe Montana. Manning has never been reliant on his physical tools, his biggest weapon has been and always will be his brain.

Not to mention that Favre had the reputation of a prima dona and supposedly alienated his teammates. Peyton is pretty much the complete opposite. The guy pretty much lives in the film room and makes a concerted effort to be close to his teammates, his OL and WR's in particular.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4388551]Sure we do.

Rex has repeatedly called Peyton Manning the best QB in the league.

Tanny and Rex have avoided saying that Sanchez is definitely our starter going into the season.

It doesn't take a genius or some kind of grand wizard to see that the Jets are seriously interested in Peyton Manning.[/QUOTE]

So you come back by admitting that you don't have a clue, that you are speculating based on Rex's admiration of the guy.

Or by claiming that Rex hasn't named Sanchez the starter. Guess you missed Rex's numerous comments on the subject. All the times he has said that Sanchez is the guy, that he'll be here the next 10 years etc.

Thanks for trying to clear this up but this post is nothing but speculation, pretty much defines it. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patman;4388231]It is not being mentally weak. It is insulting. No one cam blame the jets for kicking the tires on Manning. But last week it was "Sanchize is our qb"

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, Tannenbaum didn't say that.

He said that they would "explore all options" when asked if Sanchez was his QB for 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4388325]When the Jets sign Peyton, LT will be coming right back.

Peyton and LT will be scary. Peyton, LT, Holmes and Keller is dynamic.

We will miss Sanchez' bootleg passes in playoff games. But we will love Peyton being able to win from the pocket.[/QUOTE]
    Reggie Wayne would also be in the package.

I think wherever Manning goes, Wayne goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4388580]So you come back by admitting that you don't have a clue, that you are speculating based on Rex's admiration of the guy.

Or by claiming that Rex hasn't named Sanchez the starter. Guess you missed Rex's numerous comments on the subject. All the times he has said that Sanchez is the guy, that he'll be here the next 10 years etc.

Thanks for trying to clear this up but this post is nothing but speculation, pretty much defines it. :D[/QUOTE]

Why do some of you guys refuse to believe that maybe, just maybe the Jets aren't sold on Sanchez and are beginning to realize their mistake?

Unless Rex and Tanny truly believe that this is the year that Sanchez makes the leap into the upper echelon of NFL QB's, then they would be f*cking loony not to go after Peyton with a full head of steam.

If the Jets stick with Sanchez, both Rex and Tanny's jobs could be riding on the line. If he sh*ts the bed this year, then we could very well be looking for a new QB, HC, and GM by this time next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4388484]The Jets "pursuing" Peyton Manning is like me "pursuing" buying a sea side mansion in the Hamptons. I can look all I want. But the bottom line is, I don't have the resources to buy it.

This "pursuit" of Manning is nothing more than a very weak attempt to keep the Jets in the "news" with something other than another embarrassment. Its never going to happen for a least a dozen legitimate reasons.

[B]The delusion CONTINUES, but that should be no surprise here[/B].[/QUOTE]
    I see you haven't changed.

By the way, how is Matt Hoyer doing?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;4388558]FIXED

hopefully the guys in 2012 are smarter than the dummies of 2008 were and do not repeat the BROKEN DOWN OL WRANGLER ERROR[/QUOTE]

The Jets were 8-3 and looking pretty damn good with Favre until he got hurt. That they did not know how to handle the injury was the real problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4388543]How retarded is this?

LT is a leak?

He's not a Jet, he's not under contract. Whatever he says has nothing to do with the Jets other than he was here before and ca speak on the Jets.

We don't have a clue if the Jets are really interested in Manning or not, other than a quote from what might be a practice squad player saying it could be great.

And this makes people doubt the FO, CS, direction etc.

Take a seat and relax already. ESPN is talking out of their asses, why add to it. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that LT is the "leak."

Mehta is getting his information from someone (or multiple players).

I don't think anyone knows who it is...yet.

Whoever it was, the player said that he would welcome Manning to replace Sanchez. Since LT will be a FA next week, I highly doubt it was him.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;4388558]

hopefully the guys in 2012 are smarter than the dummies of 2008 were and do not repeat the BROKEN DOWN OL WRANGLER ERROR

[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are right, the Jets would be a better football team with Sanchez than they would be with Manning. :rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of this Peyton Manning to the Jets talk. I've been a Jets fan from the very beginning and a season ticket holder for thirty years. I thought Woody might be a good owner but if he continues to believe he can win a SB with over the hill QB's with a couple of years left in them he is only fooling himself and pissing off a majority of the Jets fan base. If he and Tanny didn't learn their lesson from the Farve disaster they are really stupid! Einstein describes insanity as: "doing the same thing over again expecting a different result". As a Jets fan I don't want a one and done for forty plus years again! I want a Jets franchise that has a great foundation and plan for being a A1 franchise from owner, Gm, Scouting Dept., HC and assistants who want to be a force year in and year out even in rebuilding years. A franchise that doesn't panic, has a great plan, and doesn't give a **** what their cross town rival is doing! They have to stay focused and build a solid foundation and the guts to ride out storms. I'm sick of quick fixes that only set them farther away from reaching the summit! If they go after Peyton or keep giving the impression that they're in the hunt to get him they are only further eroding the locker room chemistry and Sanchez's belief that they believe he is their guy. If they really think Sanchez is not the guy they should trade him and draft a QB or try to trade for a young one like Matt Flynn etc. If they bring in Peyton I guarantee a lot of you who want him will be sorely disappointed when he doesn't deliver a SB title or gets hit in his first few games and injures his neck again.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4388203]You're right that this organization has some serious leaks.

And that little weasel Mehta is ripe to exploit them.

Every move the organization makes is preceded by six MSM articles giving away the Jets intentions. You don't see this from well-run organizations. Everybody knows our FA targets already, everybody knows who we covet in the draft. And now this Manning debacle is going to make us look foolish and desperate, because there's zero chance he would even want to come here.

Someone within the org is feeding the media slime.[/QUOTE]

The Jets FO is a Joke because they don't have a plan. Oh and a plan is more than just get the best guy available:rolleyes: It means thinking like a painter what colors and contrast do i need to make it work harmoniously.

Again the jets don't have a plan and they reveal it every year through these sideshows that they themselves create.:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4388685]The Jets FO is a Joke because they don't have a plan. Oh and a plan is more than just get the best guy available:rolleyes: It means thinking like a painter what colors and contrast do i need to make it work harmoniously.

[B]Again the jets don't have a plan and they reveal it every year through these sideshows that they themselves create[/B].:eek:[/QUOTE]

In other words the FO acts like a bunch of Jet fans on this board..:eek:

[QUOTE=Squirt;4388636]I'm sick and tired of this Peyton Manning to the Jets talk. I've been a Jets fan from the very beginning and a season ticket holder for thirty years. I thought Woody might be a good owner but if he continues to believe he can win a SB with over the hill QB's with a couple of years left in them he is only fooling himself and pissing off a majority of the Jets fan base. If he and Tanny didn't learn their lesson from the Farve disaster they are really stupid! Einstein describes insanity as: "doing the same thing over again expecting a different result". As a Jets fan I don't want a one and done for forty plus years again! I want a Jets franchise that has a great foundation and plan for being a A1 franchise from owner, Gm, Scouting Dept., HC and assistants who want to be a force year in and year out even in rebuilding years. A franchise that doesn't panic, has a great plan, and doesn't give a **** what their cross town rival is doing! They have to stay focused and build a solid foundation and the guts to ride out storms. I'm sick of quick fixes that only set them farther away from reaching the summit! If they go after Peyton or keep giving the impression that they're in the hunt to get him they are only further eroding the locker room chemistry and Sanchez's belief that they believe he is their guy. If they really think Sanchez is not the guy they should trade him and draft a QB or try to trade for a young one like Matt Flynn etc. If they bring in Peyton I guarantee a lot of you who want him will be sorely disappointed when he doesn't deliver a SB title or gets hit in his first few games and injures his neck again.[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree with you more.... great post... Woody is consumed by money.. Tanny lacks vision. Rex is a defensive Coordinator trying to be a head coach.. Like his dad..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4388599][B]Why do some of you guys refuse to believe that maybe, just maybe the Jets aren't sold on Sanchez and are beginning to realize their mistake?[/B]Unless Rex and Tanny truly believe that this is the year that Sanchez makes the leap into the upper echelon of NFL QB's, then they would be f*cking loony not to go after Peyton with a full head of steam.

If the Jets stick with Sanchez, both Rex and Tanny's jobs could be riding on the line. If he sh*ts the bed this year, then we could very well be looking for a new QB, HC, and GM by this time next year.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]THEN TRADE HIM!!!!!!:eek:[/SIZE][/B]

How about that!!!:huh:

How about that the Jets and their authorized leekers being quiet and don't humilate the player through leeks who you said was your "[B][SIZE="3"]GUY".[/SIZE][/B]

The Jets can't do that do that, why cause they would have to know what they are doing and they don't!!

It is a disgrace.......

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Squirt;4388636]I'm sick and tired of this Peyton Manning to the Jets talk. I've been a Jets fan from the very beginning and a season ticket holder for thirty years. I thought Woody might be a good owner but if he continues to believe he can win a SB with over the hill QB's with a couple of years left in them he is only fooling himself and pissing off a majority of the Jets fan base. If he and Tanny didn't learn their lesson from the Farve disaster they are really stupid! Einstein describes insanity as: "doing the same thing over again expecting a different result". As a Jets fan I don't want a one and done for forty plus years again! I want a Jets franchise that has a great foundation and plan for being a A1 franchise from owner, Gm, Scouting Dept., HC and assistants who want to be a force year in and year out even in rebuilding years. A franchise that doesn't panic, has a great plan, and doesn't give a **** what their cross town rival is doing! They have to stay focused and build a solid foundation and the guts to ride out storms. I'm sick of quick fixes that only set them farther away from reaching the summit! If they go after Peyton or keep giving the impression that they're in the hunt to get him they are only further eroding the locker room chemistry and Sanchez's belief that they believe he is their guy. If they really think Sanchez is not the guy they should trade him and draft a QB or try to trade for a young one like Matt Flynn etc. If they bring in Peyton I guarantee a lot of you who want him will be sorely disappointed when he doesn't deliver a SB title or gets hit in his first few games and injures his neck again.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]I LOVE THIS POST!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Thank You!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4388697][B][SIZE="3"]THEN TRADE HIM!!!!!!:eek:[/SIZE][/B]

How about that!!!:huh:

How about that the Jets and their authorized leekers being quiet and don't humilate the player through leeks who you said was your "[B][SIZE="3"]GUY".[/SIZE][/B]

The Jets can't do that do that, why cause they would have to know what they are doing and they don't!!

It is a disgrace.......[/QUOTE]

You don't trade him or release him without a viable replacement.

Peyton Manning is more than a viable replacement. He's a monumental upgrade.

[QUOTE=sg3;4388558]FIXED

hopefully the guys in 2012 are smarter than the dummies of 2008 were and do not repeat the BROKEN DOWN OL WRANGLER ERROR[/QUOTE]

Jets were 8-3 after 11 games and had just trashed the undefeated pretty boy Titans and smashed hainsworth in the mouth. Most of the league were annointing the Jets as the best team in the league. The Jets starter if not for Favre was Clemens.

How people blast the Favre move is totally beyond me. He got hurt, it didn't work out and the jets moved on.

How any sane person would actually think Sanchez is a better option than Manning now if the Jets are in win now is beyond me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4388691]In other words the FO acts like a bunch of Jet fans on this board..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Unfortuantely as you well know the answer to that is YES!!!:P