Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got to Love the NY Press and Jets FO

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4388615]Yea, you are right, the Jets would be a better football team with Sanchez than they would be with A HEALTHY Manning. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    fixed for you.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4388703]Jets were 8-3 after 11 games and had just trashed the undefeated pretty boy Titans and smashed hainsworth in the mouth. Most of the league were annointing the Jets as the best team in the league. The Jets starter if not for Favre was Clemens.

How people blast the Favre move is totally beyond me. He got hurt, it didn't work out and the jets moved on.

How any sane person would actually think Sanchez is a better option than Manning now if the Jets are in win now is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

A healthy Manning is one of the TOP QB of all time.. Frankly thought Jets organization had a foundational plan.. I guess that plan is out the window... Manning will never come to Jets... pure fantasy.. FO continues to show the Jets are a 2nd rate organization...

[QUOTE=jetfan51;4388733]A healthy Manning is one of the TOP QB of all time.. Frankly thought Jets organization had a foundational plan.. I guess that plan is out the window... Manning will never come to Jets... pure fantasy.. FO continues to show the Jets are a 2nd rate organization...[/QUOTE]

The Jets have really not shown a solid plan over the last number of years. Their biggest foible was actually going after sanchez in the 1st place (not just him as a player but a QB). When they were built to win now and required a competent caretaker QB rather than a rookie who would have growing pains.

Once they had Sanchez they proceeded to go back to trying to win now by trading picks for vets rather than building. I have no problem with people being critical of the Jets for having a shaky or non existent plan.

I also agree that Manning to the Jets is a long shot at best. They should still look into him though. Anything less would be not doing due diligence.

[QUOTE=jetfan51;4388201]another great leak... Jets to gauge if Manning is interested in them!!! lol...

there you go..... Where's Bart Scott's middle finger when you need it!!!

Woody, Tanny and Rex ..... so much for team unity and loyalty...

well atleast Rex has a new OC to point finger at.

Instead worry about kissing Peyton's ass.. find a player out there who will put an end to career.. No Bounty of course[/QUOTE]

11 other teams have inquired about manning, so don't make it out like the Jets are the only team interested in adding the best QB of all time.

Pretty much makes any team a playoff team, and teams like TE Jets or Dolphins become top picks to make TE Super Bowl with Manning.

Stop making this out to be some dumb move by the Jets. The only reason we haven't blown away the AFC the past 3 years was because of shaky play at the QB position. With Manning, we would have Ben in the super bowl in 2009 and 2010 easily.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4388747]The Jets have really not shown a solid plan over the last number of years. Their biggest foible was actually going after sanchez in the 1st place (not just him as a player but a QB). When they were built to win now and required a competent caretaker QB rather than a rookie who would have growing pains.

Once they had Sanchez they proceeded to go back to trying to win now by trading picks for vets rather than building. I have no problem with people being critical of the Jets for having a shaky or non existent plan.

I also agree that Manning to the Jets is a long shot at best. They should still look into him though. Anything less would be not doing due diligence.[/QUOTE]

Wrong Owner.. Wrong GM.... Wrong HC..... seems like we are going to find this out sooner than later... no problem tossing Sanchez in as well. Wrong QB

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4388702]You don't trade him or release him without a viable replacement.

Peyton Manning is more than a viable replacement. He's a monumental upgrade.[/QUOTE]

You said in your earlier post that the Jets FO and HC are no longer sold on Sanchez and my response is then get rid of him!!!!

If the Jets FO think as you imply that Sanchez is awful then they should trade him away for a first or a high second rounder cause they could then get a "QB" they belive in!!!

IMO if someone sucks and you really believe that they suck and cant improve then keeping them around certainly doesn't make things better.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4388755]You said in your earlier post that the Jets FO and HC are no longer sold on Sanchez and my response is then get rid of him!!!!

If the Jets FO think as you imply that Sanchez is awful then they should trade him away for a first or a high second rounder cause they could then get a "QB" they belive in!!!

IMO if someone sucks and you really believe that they suck and cant improve then keeping them around certainly doesn't make things better.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I would much rather trade the Owner, GM and HC ahead of Sanchez frankly.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4388747][B]The Jets have really not shown a solid plan over the last number of years. Their biggest foible was actually going after sanchez in the 1st place (not just him as a player but a QB). When they were built to win now and required a competent caretaker QB rather than a rookie who would have growing pains.

Once they had Sanchez they proceeded to go back to trying to win now by trading picks for vets rather than building. I have no problem with people being critical of the Jets for having a shaky or non existent plan.[/B]I also agree that Manning to the Jets is a long shot at best. They should still look into him though. Anything less would be not doing due diligence.[/QUOTE]

You are 1005 correct and your post points out precisely why I am so annoyed!

Sanchez shouldn't have been drafted at all by thye Jets if they weren't committed to a plan to build around him.

So in effect we have wasted three years with a QB that the Jets didn't want from the get go!!!! Why move up and draft him:huh:

Stay were you were or even trade downward...

What the Jets showed is absolute maddness and these guys are making the big bucks!!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=Squirt;4388636]I'm sick and tired of this Peyton Manning to the Jets talk. I've been a Jets fan from the very beginning and a season ticket holder for thirty years. I thought Woody might be a good owner but if he continues to believe he can win a SB with over the hill QB's with a couple of years left in them he is only fooling himself and pissing off a majority of the Jets fan base. If he and Tanny didn't learn their lesson from the Farve disaster they are really stupid! Einstein describes insanity as: "doing the same thing over again expecting a different result". As a Jets fan I don't want a one and done for forty plus years again! I want a Jets franchise that has a great foundation and plan for being a A1 franchise from owner, Gm, Scouting Dept., HC and assistants who want to be a force year in and year out even in rebuilding years. A franchise that doesn't panic, has a great plan, and doesn't give a **** what their cross town rival is doing! They have to stay focused and build a solid foundation and the guts to ride out storms. [B]I'm sick of quick fixes[/B] that only set them farther away from reaching the summit! If they go after Peyton or keep giving the impression that they're in the hunt to get him they are only further eroding the locker room chemistry and Sanchez's belief that they believe he is their guy. If they really think Sanchez is not the guy they should trade him and draft a QB or try to trade for a young one like Matt Flynn etc. If they bring in Peyton I guarantee a lot of you who want him will be sorely disappointed when he doesn't deliver a SB title or gets hit in his first few games and injures his neck again.[/QUOTE]

+1 Great post.

Since Kenny O'Brien: The quick-fix boys: Esiason, O'Donnell, Testaverde, Favre.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4388747][B]The Jets have really not shown a solid plan over the last number of years. Their biggest foible was actually going after sanchez in the 1st place (not just him as a player but a QB). When they were built to win now and required a competent caretaker QB rather than a rookie who would have growing pains.[/B]

I also agree that Manning to the Jets is a long shot at best. They should still look into him though. Anything less would be not doing due diligence.[/QUOTE]

Wait. So you think the Jets were in a "win now" mode when they fired Mangini and Favre decided to "retire" once again? Thats revisionist history at its best. The team had no QB, a first year HC and was in a win now mode?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4388765]Wait. So you think the Jets were in a "win now" mode when they fired Mangini and Favre decided to "retire" once again? Thats revisionist history at its best. The team had no QB, a first year HC and was in a win now mode?[/QUOTE]

Insanity I know but that is what the Jets FO and HC actually believed!!!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4388768]Insanity I know but that is what the Jets FO and HC actually believed!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]
    I believe Rex [U]did[/U] guarantee a Super Bowl yes?

Or was that 2010? Or 2011? Or 2012?

I get them all mixed up.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4388765]Wait. So you think the Jets were in a "win now" mode when they fired Mangini and Favre decided to "retire" once again? Thats revisionist history at its best. The team had no QB, a first year HC and was in a win now mode?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. They had a great defense, an oline with a couple of future probowlers, A coach that expected to win now. Signed some free agents and even more so the next year when they signed LT and traded for guys like Edwards and Holmes.

Having no QB when the rest of the team was ready to win now doesn't mean you are in a rebuild. The only thing they did a rebuild on was their QB, that's it and they could have gotten a solid safe vet.

They were in win now mode when they got favre. The team failed and they dumped the coach, a win now move.

Jets Insider VIP
    We just witnessed a giant debacle of a season in which the Jets simutaneously ruined Christmas and New Years. And on top of that, we got swept by the Pats and had to sit and watch our cross town rivals win another Superbowl, the first in our new stadium.

I guess Manning signing with Miami would only be fitting.

Another gigantic kick in the balls courtesy of the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4388773]I believe Rex [U]did[/U] guarantee a Super Bowl yes?

Or was that 2010? Or 2011? Or 2012?

I get them all mixed up.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm precisely the point.

It is one thing for an ignorant fan such as myself to think that way it is another thing entirely for the FO and HC to actually behave as if that nonsense is true without a plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4388781]Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. They had a great defense, an oline with a couple of future probowlers, A coach that expected to win now. Signed some free agents and even more so the next year when they signed LT and traded for guys like Edwards and Holmes.

Having no QB when the rest of the team was ready to win now doesn't mean you are in a rebuild. The only thing they did a rebuild on was their QB, that's it and they could have gotten a solid safe vet.

They were in win now mode when they got favre. The team failed and they dumped the coach, a win now move.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct!!!!

Why doesn't the FO and HC know this:(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4388781]Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. They had a great defense, an oline with a couple of future probowlers, A coach that expected to win now. Signed some free agents and even more so the next year when they signed LT and traded for guys like Edwards and Holmes.

They were in win now mode when they got favre. The team failed and they dumped the coach, a win now move.[/QUOTE]

My problem is why the hell did we trade up into the Top 5 to take Sanchez if we viewed him as nothing more than a gamemanager in the first place?

We could've gotten someone like Kyle Orton or Jeff Garcia to perform the same task at a fraction of the cost.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4388789]My problem is why the hell did we trade up into the Top 5 to take Sanchez if we viewed him as nothing more than a gamemanager in the first place?

We could've gotten someone like Kyle Orton or Jeff Garcia to perform the same task at a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

always looking to take the thunder away from the giants. from rex to sanchez to braylon to holmes to cromartie to LT to plaxico to peyton, the jets have morphed into a PR machine. it's like the little sibling who believes that negative attention is better than no attention, and rarely thinks through the consequences of their decisions.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4388789][B][SIZE="3"]My problem is why the hell did we trade up into the Top 5 to take Sanchez if we viewed him as nothing more than a gamemanager in the first place?

We could've gotten someone like Kyle Orton or Jeff Garcia to perform the same task at a fraction of the cost[/SIZE][/B].[/QUOTE]

THIS IS WHY I AM GOING NUTS!!!!!

Think the Jets draft Sanchez who has played in just 15 collegiate games and expect him to win a SB in his first what two years!!!!

Insanity... That is why I don't blame Sanchez as much though he [B]DEFINITELY[/B] is at [B]FAULT!!!![/B]

It is called NO ORGANIZATIONAL PLAN!!!!:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that it is unfair to compare the current situation with the Favre situation

In the Favre situation we had no quarterback and Favre was healthy

In the current situation we have a good quarterback and you know who just missed an entire season with a severe neck injury that required FOUR separate surgical procedures and may still be not healed