Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlinson on NFL Network

Tomlinson on NFL Network

This guy needs to STFU before he becomes the next Michael Irvin. Anyone see him on there talking about how the Jets should go get Manning and how it would be a great fit? Maybe he was one of the cancers in our locker room...
    Last edited by Minkaveli; 03-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4388339]This guy needs to STFU before he becomes the next Michael Irvin? Anyone see him on there talking about how the Jets should go get Manning and how it would be a great fit? Maybe he was one of the cancers in our locker room...[/QUOTE]

i think he was one of the unnamed guys who submarined sanchez. seems like the veterans who were brought here to 'win now' are among the most vocal anti-sanchezers. guys like plax, mason and LT, they didn't sign up to play with a rookie qb who's experiencing growing pains. that's how i'm reading this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4388339]This guy needs to STFU before he becomes the next Michael Irvin? [B]Anyone see him on there talking about how the Jets should go get Manning and how it would be a great fit[/B]? Maybe he was one of the cancers in our locker room...[/QUOTE]

The same thing the Sainted Curtis Martin said..:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    What the hell is so bad about what he said?

Every team without a QB named Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger should be pursuing Peyton Manning.

Hall Of Fame
    LT has never and will never be a "cancer". He is a HoFer whose opinions should hold a lot of weight and they do.

BTW, he said that if the Jets got Peyton he might have to follow him wherever he went. I am in favor of this.

Jets will miss LT. Who is going to catch those passes out of the backfield?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4388339]This guy needs to STFU before he becomes the next Michael Irvin. [B][U] Anyone see him on there talking about how the Jets should go get Manning and how it would be a great fit?[/U][/B] Maybe he was one of the cancers in our locker room...[/QUOTE]

Now that's a ringing endorsement for Sanchez.

Only an idiot would say that Jets SHOULDN"T go after Manning. I think the chances of us getting him are zero but heck, he would be an ENORMOUS upgrade for a team without a viable quarterback.

How does LT know anything about how to win a championship? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4388376]How does LT know anything about how to win a championship? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I know. Poor guy didn't know what plays the other team was running.

All Pro
    Someone please explain to me how Manning isn't a great fit for the Jets.

He's the perfect fit as long as his health checks out, and if it doesn't he won't be on the team.

LT is a loser. The image of sulking on the sidelines when the Pats were kicking his ass (when on the Chargers) is all you need to know. The guy did nothing for the Jets. Guys like him, Mason, Burris and Santonio have ruined guy who had a chance to be our long term answer as a franchise QB. I hope it's not too late to salvage Sanchez. All the crap that's happening now is just going to make things worse, and I hope I'm wrong about that. All teams have won with home grown talent. When will the Jets and our fellow fans understand that. This Manning crap is BS! I really don't want to hear Eli Manning's name (a Giant) everytime I watch Peyton play. That's what will happen. Sanchez is our guy. It's time we start understanding that and giving the kid a chance, instead of putting him around a bunch of no talent, old malcontents!

[QUOTE=Type-J;4388389]LT is a loser. The guy did nothing for the Jets. [/QUOTE]

I think we were watching different Jets games.....

[QUOTE=Timby01;4388399]I think we were watching different Jets games.....[/QUOTE]

Don't mind him, he is not a real Jets fan.
    As soon as LT says something positive, he will be back on LT's jock!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Type-J;4388389] All teams have won with home grown talent. When will the Jets and our fellow fans understand that. This Manning crap is BS! I really don't want to hear Eli Manning's name (a Giant) everytime I watch Peyton play. That's what will happen. Sanchez is our guy. It's time we start understanding that and giving the kid a chance, instead of putting him around a bunch of no talent, old malcontents![/QUOTE]

This part of your post I definitely agree with!!!!:yes:

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4388483]This part of your post I definitely agree with!!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

the jets brass is goverened by two flawed premesis: 1) they need to try to outdo the giants asap and 2) the team is built to win now.

a gm operating under these forces will overspend for veterans, look to make backpage headlines, hire an outspoken head coach, bring in talented but troublesome players, keep chasing high profile names and burn draft picks looking for perfect players.

[QUOTE=CMEC;4388416]Don't mind him, he is not a real Jets fan.
    As soon as LT says something positive, he will be back on LT's jock![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know me. Yeah, I'm not a real Jets fan. I love how you attack my argument by attacking me and my allegiance to this team. Perhaps LT sould take that Jets tatoo on his leg and shove up your ____ (you know what)! Have a good day.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4388344]i think he was one of the unnamed guys who submarined sanchez. seems like the veterans who were brought here to 'win now' are among the most vocal anti-sanchezers. guys like plax, mason and LT, they didn't sign up to play with a rookie qb who's experiencing growing pains. that's how i'm reading this.[/QUOTE]

It definitely looks that way now. Bart Scott with his enormous mouth is probably part of that clique too. F Tomlinson. I hope he enjoys never winning a ring.

This is Tiki Barber throwing Eli Manning under the bus in 2006 all over again.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4388495]It definitely looks that way now. Bart Scott with his enormous mouth is probably part of that clique too. F Tomlinson. I hope he enjoys never winning a ring.[/QUOTE]

it's all the veterans who were ok with sanchez when they got to the playoffs and were winning games, but threw him under the bus when the rest of the team wasn't as good and sanchez couldn't pick up the slack.

in the end, if the jets get peyton and cut sanchez, at least do it with the concession that they don't think sanchez can improve much. don't cut him just b/c he had a bad year and the veterans are griping.

[/SIZE][QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4388388]Someone please explain to me how Manning isn't a great fit for the Jets.
    [/QUOTE]

Because he has a broken neck and is one hit away from the retirement home. I don't give a f_ck if his health "checks out" there's no way Peyton makes it through another full season again without serious injury.

When we traded for Favre in 2008 he was healthy and coming off of a very good season and even he couldn't make it through an entire season without serious injury. Now you idiots want to mortgage the future for a guy with a broken neck who nobody can even see throw in practice?

[B][CENTER]GTFO[/CENTER][/B]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4388491]the jets brass is goverened by two flawed premesis: 1) they need to try to outdo the giants asap and 2) the team is built to win now.

a gm operating under these forces will overspend for veterans, look to make backpage headlines, hire an outspoken head coach, bring in talented but troublesome players, keep chasing high profile names and burn draft picks looking for perfect players.[/QUOTE]

True. And free agents are going to continue to use them to drive up their price. Just like when Nnamdi used them last year and made Tanny look foolish, Manning will show just enough interest for the Jets to fall all over themselves again, only to be used like a cheap whore.