Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlinson on NFL Network

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4388388]Someone please explain to me how Manning isn't a great fit for the Jets.

He's the perfect fit as long as his health checks out, and if it doesn't he won't be on the team.[/QUOTE]

Please read the SI article that MO posted and you get the multiple reasons why MANNING shouldn't be a Jet.

And not one pro Manning poster has answered anything in that article.... NOT ONE!!!!

With all this Manning stuff, I think it's time for a Gholston thread. Been too long.

I think what it says IS; that LT respects the franchise, its Owner, FO, players and Coach to the point that he thinks we could be good with Peyton, even a winner :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4388522]Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. If he's healthy only a few teams shouldn't be inquiring about him.

What's so hard to understand about this?

Would you take LT in his prime over Shonn Greene?

If Manning's healthy, he's still going to have a cannon, a quick release, and basically be the offensive coordinator. I don't get how anybody could be so anti-inquiring.

Probably most of the league is inquiring.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm please answer the SI artilce questions as posed by MO's post form earlier today. If you can answer those question I to will support getting Manning...

Thank you

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4388692]Furthermore,

Manning is also good friends with Marino.

I think Manning avoids NY out of respect for Eli.

I think Manning avoids the Redskins and the NFC East out of respect for Eli.

He won't go to Seattle or Cleveland.

Arizona is a possibility.

But I think Miami is the overwhelming favorite the land him.[/QUOTE]

I think that you are right.......

[QUOTE=Jordy;4388653]Manning, LT and Reggie Wayne will all be wearing Dolphins uniforms next season.[/QUOTE]

And Manning will be on Injured Reserve by week 8 so who cares. I hope Matt Moore enjoys throwing to Reggie Wayne.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4388680]Well, I'm pretty sure Wayne will follow Manning wherever he goes.

And after listening to LT, sounds like he will do his best to sign with the team Manning goes to.

Plus a 1st year HC who has worked with Aaron Rodgers and who probably will give Manning as much freedom as he wants to run the offense.

And I didn't know that Manning had a home in Miami until this morning.

Just seems like the best fit for him.[/QUOTE]

F them all. They'll just end up like Lebron and Bosh did after their first season in Miami: RINGLESS.

Only difference is Lebron is young and healthy - he'll be around for the next 10 years. Manning is old and has a broken neck - he may not even play again after 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Amazing how quickly some players become locker room cancers when they say something that does not agree with a particular poster's world view.

[QUOTE=EM31;4388775]Amazing how quickly some players become locker room cancers when they say something that does not agree with a particular poster's world view.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this either.
    The guy is closest to the situation and by ALL accounts is an excellent person.
    We shouldn't be upset with what he has to say, we should take note.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4388784]I don't understand this either.
    The guy is closest to the situation and by ALL accounts is an excellent person.
    We shouldn't be upset with what he has to say, we should take note.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Although there probably is some bias on LT's part, understandable in the circumstances. He's at the tail end of his career and wants a ring, and was subjected to a dysfunctional locker room that robbed his team of any real chance to compete for a title. He had to have the occasional thought that the Pats could have used him. So now he's possibly got a bit of a bad taste. But he's a class guy, always has been.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm getting sick of LT's mouth also...so what job is he auditioning for?
    Suddenly, not only is he the Jets mouthpiece but Sanchez's also.
    STFU already LT

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4388497]it's all the veterans who were ok with sanchez when they got to the playoffs and were winning games, but threw him under the bus when the rest of the team wasn't as good and sanchez couldn't pick up the slack.

in the end, if the jets get peyton and cut sanchez, at least do it with the concession that they don't think sanchez can improve much. don't cut him just b/c he had a bad year and the veterans are griping.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if LT would actually have gained some yards in the AFCCG against the Steelers the Jets might have made the SB....9-16 for 1.78 YPC....

Another guy who ***** the bed on the big stage...2-5 before quitting against the Pats....

Never performed up to his regular season stats in the playoffs...

12 for 24 yards against our Jets....21-42 against the Titans

3.57 YPA post season career.....

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4388564]LOL at "slight knee injury". You have no idea what kind of pain he was in. Football is played on a field, not a couch.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Rivers or Jack Youngblood :yes: ......you are obviously soft

[QUOTE=CMEC;4388416]Don't mind him, he is not a real Jets fan.
    As soon as LT says something positive, he will be back on LT's jock![/QUOTE]
    Yeah what a jock rider.

Still not interested in Manning though. His injury scares me, plus the cost will likely be prohibitive. We prolly don't have the cap space

Jets Insider VIP
    Is LT schizophrenic or what?

[I][COLOR="Navy"]LaDainian Tomlinson talked with Rich Eisen on the insanity that is this week’s Get Rich Quick Podcast.

Here’s a quick clip of what LT had to say about the Jets locker room and whether or not it’s salvageable.

“It is fixable, because … you’ve got the right kind of guys in that locker room. Sanchez is obviously a great guy, and he works hard and does all the right things, and then you’ve got Santonio who wants to be great. … And if you have that, then you can work with everything else.”[/COLOR][/I]

LT is a class act, but it's clear that he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore, so let him go.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;4389040]Tell that to Rivers or Jack Youngblood :yes: ......you are obviously soft[/QUOTE]

Hate to pull this card but I actually played football including college, so I think you are "softer" than me. You know nothing about being hurt or knee injuries. If you did, you wouldn't say what you said.

A RB who has to cut and change speeds needs ligament stability. A QB can brace his knee, take a couple of needles and drop back and be a statue. It was a very gutsy performance by Rivers, but to say LT is soft is ignorant. You don't play 10+ years in the NFL if you are soft.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4388364]LT has never and will never be a "cancer". He is a HoFer whose opinions should hold a lot of weight and they do.

BTW, he said that if the Jets got Peyton he might have to follow him wherever he went. I am in favor of this.

Jets will miss LT. Who is going to catch those passes out of the backfield?[/QUOTE]

+1000

While I don't agree with LT on the acquiring P. Manning, I agree with everything you posted. I did not see what he said. But LT is a classy individual who was one of the first players to step up and defend Sanchez. I am confident saying that he was NOT the problem with the Jets but more likely the solution.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4388692]Furthermore,

Manning is also good friends with Marino.

I think Manning avoids NY out of respect for Eli.

I think Manning avoids the Redskins and the NFC East out of respect for Eli.

He won't go to Seattle or Cleveland.

Arizona is a possibility.

But I think Miami is the overwhelming favorite the land him.[/QUOTE]

I am just catching up on JI, so if this has been posted already, please forgive me.

No way the Jets should get Manning. He doesn't want to play here. He made that clear back in 97 when he screwed us and stayed in school another year. F'him. He can take his act down to another team. While I do think he is a class act, my loyalty is to the Jets. If we were not good enough for him 15 years ago, we sure are not good enough for him today.

Let's continue to develop our young QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4388913] [B]Maybe if LT would actually have gained some yards in the AFCCG against the Steelers the Jets might have made the SB....9-16 for 1.78 YPC....[/B]Another guy who ***** the bed on the big stage...2-5 before quitting against the Pats....

Never performed up to his regular season stats in the playoffs...

12 for 24 yards against our Jets....21-42 against the Titans

3.57 YPA post season career.....[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more just like if Martin was better in 98 against Denver we would have made the Bowl..:yes: