Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tomlinson on NFL Network

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4389280]He is on NFL Network tonight as well. He says he wants to play next season.

[B]How did the Jets waste this guy for two years?[/B] How many times did they have him run between the guard only to run into his own lineman's back?[/QUOTE]

Tomlinson's last year in SD- 730 yards rushing 3.3 yards per carry, 154 yards receiving. (14 games)
    Tomlinson first year with Jets 914 yards rushing, 4.2 ypcarry and 368 yards receiving. (15 games)

You talk with authority, yet you no very little about the sport. Stats don't lie. The Jets resurrected his career. He came to the Jets in his 10th year when most RBs are finished and WE gave him a chance to be relevant again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4389860]Tomlinson's last year in SD- 730 yards rushing 3.3 yards per carry, 154 yards receiving. (14 games)
    Tomlinson first year with Jets 914 yards rushing, 4.2 ypcarry and 368 yards receiving. (15 games)

You talk with authority, yet you no very little about the sport. Stats don't lie. The Jets [B][U]resurrected his career[/U][/B]. He came to the Jets in his 10th year when most RBs are finished and WE gave him a chance to be relevant again.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the Jets resurrected his career, but he did perform pretty well for a 10-year RB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389865]Not sure if the Jets resurrected his career, but he did perform pretty well for a 10-year RB.[/QUOTE]

Some in SD were saying that he was dogging it and no longer wanted to take a hit and would run out of bounds early. From what i recall he was annoyed his last year in SD because they were starting to phase him out of the offense. They said it was his diminishing skills.

In my opinion, one of two things happened:
    1- Jets resurrected his career in that they were better on offense or utilized him more
    or
    2- He was dogging it in SD his last year there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4389869]Some in SD were saying that he was dogging it and no longer wanted to take a hit and would run out of bounds early. From what i recall he was annoyed his last year in SD because they were starting to phase him out of the offense. They said it was his diminishing skills.

In my opinion, one of two things happened:
    1- Jets resurrected his career in that they were better on offense or utilized him more
    or
    2- He was dogging it in SD his last year there.[/QUOTE]

3- he was pouting b/c there was a fundamental shift from LT to rivers being the focal point of the offense. rivers was the star, LT was the complementary piece.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389865]Not sure if the Jets resurrected his career, but he did perform pretty well for a 10-year RB.[/QUOTE]
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4389860]Tomlinson's last year in SD- 730 yards rushing 3.3 yards per carry, 154 yards receiving. (14 games)

You talk with authority, yet you [B]no[/B] very little about the sport. Stats don't lie. The Jets resurrected his career. He came to the Jets in his 10th year when most RBs are finished and WE gave him a chance to be relevant again.[/QUOTE]

[B]You know very little about English.[/B] ;)

And when I say "wasted him" I mean they could have gotten even more out of him. I am well aware of the stats. I never thought he was through/finished. I also think he has plenty left and I am pissed that he likely will not be on the Jets next year.

BTW anybody that has every played the game knows that the stats do not tell the whole story and can lie. But you would not find that out on Google.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4389844]I don't remember it that way at all.. If he didn't like Parcells why would he let Eli go to a Parcells staffer like Coughlin in NY?? The Tuna did not want a rookie when he was only going to coach for 3 years.. If the Tuna really wanted a QB with the first pick he could have had Leaf that was at that time thought to be equal to Manning.. He wouldn't guarantee taking Peyton with the first pick that's what he didn't come out.. And the Tuna traded down like he always planned on doing..[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with this.

I recall that Parcells wanted Peyton very badly and when Manning decided not to enter the draft, Parcells traded down. He wanted Manning. Not Leaf.

And I don't see how Tom Coughlin is relevant. Yeah he coached the Giants WR's for 3 years in the late 80's but he established himself as a solid HC at Jacksonville for many seasons and helped develop a young Mark Brunell. If anything, I'd say his experience coaching and developing a young Brunell says just the opposite.

Edit: I do recall a lot of chatter that Archie Manning didn't want Peyton playing for Parcells. I'm not sure if this was front page news (I doubt it) or behind the scenes rumblings (more likely).
    Last edited by Jordy; 03-09-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4388369]Only an idiot would say that Jets SHOULDN"T go after Manning. I think the chances of us getting him are zero but heck, he would be an ENORMOUS upgrade for a team without a viable quarterback.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?!?!

People are losing their minds around here - did we all forget that Brian Schottenheimer left a trail of destruction with his miserable play-calling and feel for the game?

90% of this board knew he was the problem - and now suddenly after an 8-8 season Mark Sanchez isn't even a viable QB????

We didn't get to two AFC Championships by holding other teams to 3 points or with a 2,000 yd back you know - Sanchez was front-and-center in executing all those game plans.

People need to chill:afro:

The debate isn't about drafting the next Marino vs keeping Sanchez - it's about chasing a short-term pipe dream that if it doesn't work leaves us right back where we were when Farve was jettisoned: at square one.

Anyway - I bet Manning is going to ARZ . . .
    Last edited by adpz; 03-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4390039]

And I don't see how Tom Coughlin is relevant. Yeah he coached the Giants WR's for 3 years in the late 80's but he established himself as a solid HC at Jacksonville for many seasons and helped develop a young Mark Brunell. If anything, I'd say his experience coaching and developing a young Brunell says just the opposite.
    [/QUOTE]Ernie Accorsi had a the chance to step up to the plate with the 4th pick. Eli wanted NO PART of San Diego (remember the convoluted trading that sent the pick for Rivers to SD, along with whatever it was Accorsi gave up. The Giants were okay by Archie; no idea about his feelings for the coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4388339]This guy needs to STFU before he becomes the next Michael Irvin. Anyone see him on there talking about how the Jets should go get Manning and how it would be a great fit? Maybe he was one of the cancers in our locker room...[/QUOTE]

Pffft, let him talk all he wants. The more he says, the more unemployable he will become with the other 31 teams looking for a cheap, used 3rd down back. If he's looking for a Sunday morning desk jockey job & wants to talk just to hear the sound of his own voice, there may be a spot over at ESPN.

Wow, how about a whole show with some of the NY Jet unemployable castoffs like Vernon Gholston, Kris Jenkins, Broken Edwards, Lil LT, Dwayne Robertson and Damien Woody. Chad Pennington could be the anchor host.

Who would pay to see that?

:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4390203]Pffft, let him talk all he wants. The more he says, the more unemployable he will become with the other 31 teams looking for a cheap, used 3rd down back. If he's looking for a Sunday morning desk jockey job & wants to talk just to hear the sound of his own voice, there may be a spot over at ESPN.

Wow, how about a whole show with some of the NY Jet unemployable castoffs like Vernon Gholston, Kris Jenkins, Broken Edwards, Lil LT, Dwayne Robertson, [B]Kevin Mawae[/B] and Damien Woody. Chad Pennington could be the anchor host.

Who would pay to see that?

:D[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[IMG]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/70129/1373963-1_large.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4390233]Fixed.

[IMG]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/70129/1373963-1_large.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I never thought of Kevin Mawae, but good call! I'd love to see him doing the Sunday morning desk jockey commentary during the season.

Thanks Jordy.

;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4390248]Hahaha, I never thought of Kevin Mawae, but good call! I'd love to see him doing the Sunday morning desk jockey commentary during the season.

Thanks Jordy.

;)[/QUOTE]
    And I think he should wear custom sleeveless sport coats so everyone can see his tribal tats. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4390039]I can't agree with this.

I recall that Parcells wanted Peyton very badly and when Manning decided not to enter the draft, Parcells traded down. He wanted Manning. Not Leaf.

Edit: [B]I do recall a lot of chatter that Archie Manning didn't want Peyton playing for Parcells.[/B] I'm not sure if this was front page news (I doubt it) or behind the scenes rumblings (more likely).[/QUOTE]
    And I heard the opposite.. The fact was the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years why would he want a rookie QB?? Here's a paper from that time.. Because the Tuna wouldn't guarantee that he would select and not trade Manning in a block buster deal so he stayed in school.. [url]http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1997-03-09/sports/1997068188_1_bill-parcells-archie-manning-peyton[/url]
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember as great as a regular season player he was//his label in crunch time was that of a chocking soft ass player..who can forget the visions of him playoff year after playoff year pulling himself out of games w the raincoat over his head sulking on sidelines?? he might be one of the guys who was a cancer and disguised it at his pre-game speeches for the cameras to see everyweek making him look like a team player..in reality maybe not..