Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should the jets bring Dwight Lowery back ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

should the jets bring Dwight Lowery back ? ? ?

Should the Jets Consider Dwight Lowery ?

The Prisc-enator over at CBS wrote up a list of what he perceives to be the top free agents in this year’s crop of talent. While the Jets have some real concerns about the safety position, would they go back for someone they know, and traded, just last year?

Dwight Lowery, DB, Jacksonville Jaguars – This former corner made a nice home at free safety for the Jaguars last season. He played above the level of expectations. The Jaguars want him back, but in a league where safety talent is at a minimum this former Jets player will get a nice deal. He just turned 26 in January.It’s hard to say how the Jets might feel about him, but the lack of safeties who can actually cover receivers is grim, and the talent in the draft might not be that much better. In my mind, the Jets should take a serious look at bringing Lowery back.

Lowery came to camp last summer ripped and ready to play the safety spot, but the Jets traded him away. Lowery looked good for the Jets as the 2010 season wore on, and he became more and more comfortable with his star/safety role during their playoff run. I think he could be again, and him learning the defense wouldn’t be an issue. After the season was underway and it was clear just how much trouble the Jets had in coverage in 2011, I hope the Jets saw the error of their ways and now might consider taking a talented coverage player like Lowery back into the fold …

> [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/03/07/should-the-jets-consider-dwight-lowery/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign this beast

(fill in any name you want) is an upgrade over Eric Smith

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should have never traded him in the first place.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4388498]Should the Jets Consider Dwight Lowery ?

The Prisc-enator over at CBS wrote up a list of what he perceives to be the top free agents in this year’s crop of talent. While the Jets have some real concerns about the safety position, would they go back for someone they know, and traded, just last year?

Dwight Lowery, DB, Jacksonville Jaguars – This former corner made a nice home at free safety for the Jaguars last season. He played above the level of expectations. The Jaguars want him back, but in a league where safety talent is at a minimum this former Jets player will get a nice deal. He just turned 26 in January.It’s hard to say how the Jets might feel about him, but the lack of safeties who can actually cover receivers is grim, and the talent in the draft might not be that much better. In my mind, the Jets should take a serious look at bringing Lowery back.

Lowery came to camp last summer ripped and ready to play the safety spot, but the Jets traded him away. Lowery looked good for the Jets as the 2010 season wore on, and he became more and more comfortable with his star/safety role during their playoff run. I think he could be again, and him learning the defense wouldn’t be an issue. After the season was underway and it was clear just how much trouble the Jets had in coverage in 2011, I hope the Jets saw the error of their ways and now might consider taking a talented coverage player like Lowery back into the fold …

> [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/03/07/should-the-jets-consider-dwight-lowery/[/url][/QUOTE]

The question shouldn't be should the Jets bring Dwight Lowery back. ( that might be there best option) The question should be does he want to come back to the Jets. He in a nice situation with the Bengals. A Nice young team that if they draft right could make a nice jump.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4388530]They should have never traded him in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Still can't understand why they did. Somehow the Jets preferred Eric Smith and Emanuel Cook as coverage Safeties over former CB (and sometimes college FS) Dwight Lowery. It has to be a personal thing IMO - a personality clash with coaches or something- because otherwise it made no sense at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4388553]The question shouldn't be should the Jets bring Dwight Lowery back. ( that might be there best option) The question should be does he want to come back to the Jets. He in a nice situation with the Bengals. A Nice young team that if they draft right could make a nice jump.[/QUOTE]

Jaguars

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kelly!!

:handhold::wavey::wiggle_ma

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    always liked his versatility and ball skills. let's bring him back!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan51;4388646]always liked his versatility and ball skills. let's bring him back![/QUOTE]
    " . . . ball skills. . . " :P
    [img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/05/article-2069664-0F0B230B00000578-989_634x623.jpg[/img]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4388660]"I. . .got . . . ball skills. . . " :P
    [/QUOTE]

Your. Best. Post. Ever.
    Last edited by Jordy; 03-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4388660]" . . . ball skills. . . " :P
    [img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/05/article-2069664-0F0B230B00000578-989_634x623.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

Mmmmmmmmmm, love me some J Lo :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4388556]Still can't understand why they did. Somehow the Jets preferred Eric Smith and Emanuel Cook as coverage Safeties over former CB (and sometimes college FS) Dwight Lowery. It has to be a personal thing IMO - a personality clash with coaches or something- because otherwise it made no sense at all.[/QUOTE]

This is just another great move on Rex's part. When will the rest realize, that REX is a poor evaluator of talent. He lets the better player go. He loves two of the slowest safties in the league, because they are smart. This is a freakin joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Asinine release to begin with.

Why the hell was he ever let go? Lowery was a good player.

Mangini did a pretty damned good job with finding late round/free agent secondary guys who produced.

I would take Lowery over Poole and Smith in a heart beat.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh.... Nope

[QUOTE=kelly;4388498]Should the Jets Consider Dwight Lowery ?

> [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/03/07/should-the-jets-consider-dwight-lowery/[/url][/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4388896]Asinine release to begin with.

Why the hell was he ever let go? Lowery was a good player.

Mangini did a pretty damned good job with finding late round/free agent secondary guys who produced.

I would take Lowery over Poole and Smith in a heart beat.[/QUOTE]

He was actually traded for a conditional draft pick, I have no idea if that resulted in a pick though.

Agree that it was a bad move though. Much better ball skills than Poole and Smith.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously doubt the Jets bring him back, if they felt like he was the answer they wouldn't have traded him. Rex wants guys that can tackle at safety.

I am thinking that Mark Barron would be our best bet to upgrade at safety this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hated it when they traded him. I don't see him wanting to come back.

Tanny and Rex spoiled the broth last summer fo realz.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4388920]Hated it when they traded him. [B]I don't see him wanting to come back.[/B]

Tanny and Rex spoiled the broth last summer fo realz.[/QUOTE]

True. If I was Dwight I would tell the jets F off. Unless they over paid me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4388916]I seriously doubt the Jets bring him back, if they felt like he was the answer they wouldn't have traded him. Rex wants guys that can tackle at safety.

I am thinking that Mark Barron would be our best bet to upgrade at safety this offseason.[/QUOTE]

If I read Mark Barron at the 16th pick again I think I might lose it.

Mark Barron is a terrible pick at 16. He's not a first rounder if this year's draft wasn't completely devoid of safety talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no point to getting Lowery... He can't tackle well enough for a safety and he's not fast/quick enough to be a corner. Jets knew this and moved on...

Dunno why those concepts are so difficult for some fans to figure out.