Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should the jets bring Dwight Lowery back ? ? ?

[QUOTE=PMarsico9;4388934]If I read Mark Barron at the 16th pick again I think I might lose it.

Mark Barron is a terrible pick at 16. [B]He's not a first rounder if this year's draft wasn't completely devoid of safety talent[/B].[/QUOTE]

Mark Barron is a stud and would instantly upgrade our safety position. Hes a first round talent if you like it or not.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4388943]There is no point to getting Lowery... He can't tackle well enough for a safety and he's not fast/quick enough to be a corner. Jets knew this and moved on...

Dunno why those concepts are so difficult for some fans to figure out.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO and Eric Smith can? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=kelly;4388498]It’s hard to say how the Jets might feel about him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, real tough to deduce that :rolleyes: They probably love Lowery, but couldn't say no to that 7th round pick.

Who wrote this?

[QUOTE=mrcoops;4388556]Still can't understand why they did. Somehow the Jets preferred Eric Smith and Emanuel Cook as coverage Safeties over former CB (and sometimes college FS) Dwight Lowery. It has to be a personal thing IMO - a personality clash with coaches or something- because otherwise it made no sense at all.[/QUOTE]
    Lowery is heaps better than Eric Smith. Much better in coverage and tackling is competent

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4388625]Hi Kelly!!

:handhold::wavey::wiggle_ma[/QUOTE]hey ! :wavey:

p.s. oh , Jordy, if you keep leavin' the seat up i'm gonna . . .
    uggh , .... well, . . check YOUR pm's ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kelly;4389771]hey ! :wavey:

p.s. oh , Jordy, if you keep [B]leavin' the seat up[/B] i'm gonna . . .
    uggh , .... well, . . check YOUR pm's ;)[/QUOTE]
    Because that's what dudes do for each other, no?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4388943]There is no point to getting Lowery... He can't tackle well enough for a safety and he's not fast/quick enough to be a corner. Jets knew this and moved on...

Dunno why those concepts are so difficult for some fans to figure out.[/QUOTE]

Yet somehow he's always around the ball. And Smith and Leonard (whose whiff helped lose the Den game) are good tacklers?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4390094]Yet somehow he's always around the ball. And Smith and Leonard (whose whiff helped lose the Den game) are good tacklers?[/QUOTE]

Please don't bring up the Jets other current safeties when discussing Lowery. We clearly are not very good at the position so I truly don't understand the logic of bringing up other bad safeties in comparison to another player.

Lowery is what he is. If you can't see it then there is a problem. He needs to be able to tackle... If this was a system where the safeties are playing 2 deep constantly, 20 yards down the field then Lowery makes some sense. Otherwise it still remains that he's not a good tackler.

We really crapped the bed letting this guy leave. That was a real head scratcher.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4390094]Yet somehow he's always around the ball. And Smith and Leonard (whose whiff helped lose the Den game) are good tacklers?[/QUOTE]i say no :(