Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess we can forget about Sanchez restructuring his contract

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can forget about Sanchez restructuring his contract

Given our cap situation and Sanchez's cap #, there was talk that maybe he would restructure to help out. Think that's going to happen now? This organization is really starting to look like it's run by a bunch of clowns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course, clowns, nothing but clowns.... we need to bring back those glorious unclownlike days of Coslet, Carroll and Kotite

when the Jets were businesslike and made all the right decisions

or even worse the days of the quitter when the Jets had to "trade" the best cornerback in the NFL and Marcus Coleman to the expansion Texans in order to get out of the massive salary cap catastrophe that Bozo Bill created buying groceries

short memories around here

alzheimers like memories

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez will

and yes, this org is sadly run by clowns who have no clue who to keep or who to bring in--- we get rid of good players and bring it worse :(
    last season not 1 bright spot, our offense struggled, D didn't help and our special teams was anything but special and the Giants go and franchise Weatherford!! Nugent got franchised also

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As others have said restructuring probably doesn't make sense even if it saves some cash now. If they are uncertain about him then they will stick this year out and then punt him next year. If I'm not mistaken a restructure usually comes in the form of longer term.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing will happen until the Manning thing gets settled. If they restructure, they have to pay Sanchez so it doesn't make sense while there's still a posibility of Manning. If they do restructure, you'll know they aren't interested in Manning for sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4388989]of course, clowns, nothing but clowns.... we need to bring back those glorious unclownlike days of Coslet, Carroll and Kotite

when the Jets were businesslike and made all the right decisions

or even worse the days of the quitter when the Jets had to "trade" the best cornerback in the NFL and Marcus Coleman to the expansion Texans in order to get out of the massive salary cap catastrophe that Bozo Bill created buying groceries

short memories around here

alzheimers like memories[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the phuck wants to restructure Sanchez' contract? He might not even be on the team in 2013.

You restructure QBs like Eli, not Sanchez.

BTW the Jets are looking to get rid of him. Newsflash.

And if Sanchez can't handle the heat of the Jets inquiring about Peyton then he is never going to be a good QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4388983]Given our cap situation and Sanchez's cap #, there was talk that maybe he would restructure to help out. Think that's going to happen now? This organization is really starting to look like it's run by a bunch of clowns.[/QUOTE]

There's no way you restructure Sanchez at this point unless you're convinced that he's your QB for at least the next 2-3 years.

The fact that the Jets have chosen not to restructure Mark's deal up to this point should speak volumes. If they lose out on Manning, they'll give Sanchez the 2012 season to prove himself. If we end up seeing more of the same, then see ya later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez won't restructure IMO because he only has 2 yrs left on his contract.

In order to restructure, teams either convert salary to bonus and spread the bonus over the life of the contract or add a couple of years to the contract in order to do that.

There is no incentive for Sanchez to add a year or 2 to his contract to accomodate the Jets. It's best for him to become a FA and sign with another team, rather than commit to an extra year or 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4388983]Given our cap situation and Sanchez's cap #, there was talk that maybe he would restructure to help out. Think that's going to happen now? This organization is really starting to look like it's run by a bunch of clowns.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4388996]As others have said restructuring probably doesn't make sense even if it saves some cash now. If they are uncertain about him then they will stick this year out and then punt him next year. If I'm not mistaken a [B]restructure usually comes in the form of longer term.[/B][/QUOTE]

Either that or you have to guarantee more money next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think just about every player wants to restructure, because pretty much all you're doing is taking their base salary and converting it into a bonus. You're pretty much giving him an advance on the money he was going to make that next year anyways. And in a league when you can get cut at anytime, that's big. People interpret restructuring their contract as taking a paycut. It's usually not. If anything, they're actually getting the money sooner, but for cap purposes, it puts off the cap hit for another day.

But the Jets aren't going to ask Sanchez to restructure, because it just makes his contract harder to get rid of in the future if they determine he's not the guy. They want to keep that flexibility to replace him, even if not this offseason, maybe next offseason it will be necessary.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read recently that according to the new CBA, Sanchez is not able to restructure his contract, as he did it last year already. I believe that under the new CBA, players are not allower to restructure 2 years in a row. I'll see if I can find that article and post it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnnyf0614;4389017]I thought I read recently that according to the new CBA, Sanchez is not able to restructure his contract, as he did it last year already. I believe that under the new CBA, players are not allower to restructure 2 years in a row. I'll see if I can find that article and post it.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez offered to restructure last year but the Jets declined.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only realistic restructure we'd see out of Sanchez would involve an extension. He's not taking less money, and the Jets don't see interested in adding years to his contract at this stage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnnyf0614;4389017]I thought I read recently that according to the new CBA, Sanchez is not able to restructure his contract, as he did it last year already. I believe that under the new CBA, players are not allower to restructure 2 years in a row. I'll see if I can find that article and post it.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez offered to restructure last year, I'm pretty sure the Jets never took him up on that offer.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The message (and I will say unfortunately here) is clear. The Jets DO NOT believe Sanchez is the long term answer at QB. When you go down this road, you are saying we will trade him. Luckily, he is only 25, he did go to 2 AFCC games and some team (Seattle perhaps) will be willing to give up some picks. I really think the QB's on this team next year will be Manning and Henne. Some may make the argument that Henne is just as good as Sanchez. Not sure if I agree with that, but I am willing to think about that. Don't discount how important that final game last year (Miami) was for Sanchez's future. Forget about the playoffs, he needed to show something in that big "must win" spot. He didn't and the offense looked inept. I wholeheartedly believe that if you saw a better performance and no implosion (i.e., the Santonio thing on the field), we would not be having this conversation today. The next few weeks are defining for our beloved Jets. Let's see what happens. I go way back with this team, so I say, expect the worst and let's hope for the best!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4389020]Sanchez offered to restructure last year, I'm pretty sure the Jets never took him up on that offer.[/QUOTE]

According to NY Jets Cap, he restructured in December of 2011 by taking a 1/2 Mill Paycut, which would be paid in 2013

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389013]What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

What I meant was, with all of the Manning BS, the FO has pissed off a player with one of highest cap #s this year. He's probably going to tell them to f'off if they approach him about restructuring to free up room for other players (should they not get Mannning).

However, since someone pointed out that becuase of CBA rule they may not be able to anyway, my point may be moot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last season, Hunter plays well or even mediocre Jets are 10-6 and in the playoffs and none of this venom would be coming from so many posters regarding Sanchez. :rolleyes: