Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess we can forget about Sanchez restructuring his contract

Veteran
    I do not think Sanchez has a choice, yes he can tie our hands, but if it were me and he held tight, i would grab Henne, however it is spelled, and let Sanches ride the bench. right now he is worth nothing, well almost nothing, if he does not prove himself he will be looking, at best, a backup job next year. I personally do not think Sanchez has a leg to stand on, he has proven nothing.

Players don't restructure out of the goodness of their hearts. They restructure becuase they get something (more guaranteed money, increased job security, etc).

[QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4389307]What I meant was, with all of the Manning BS, the FO has pissed off a player with one of highest cap #s this year. He's probably going to tell them to f'off if they approach him about restructuring to free up room for other players (should they not get Mannning).

However, since someone pointed out that becuase of CBA rule they may not be able to anyway, my point may be moot.[/QUOTE]

And once again,

Do you know Sanchez is pissed? You're basing a thread on supposition. That should lead to a dump

What a crap thread

Restructure After the SB win next year as per Manning :D

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4389002]Who the phuck wants to restructure Sanchez' contract? He might not even be on the team in 2013.

You restructure QBs like Eli, not Sanchez.

BTW the Jets are looking to get rid of him. Newsflash.

And if Sanchez can't handle the heat of the Jets inquiring about Peyton then he is never going to be a good QB.[/QUOTE]
    you do realize thru 4 years they are the same qb right? stats wise and record wise almost the same....
    The blindness of some people. You who manning explain to me what do we do in two years or 1 hit and he can't play anymore. Or do you forget he helped get us to two championship games in two years and was the 5 th most sacked qb in game last year.....
    Look you take an upgrade when you can and last yrs team was disappointing but thee were more issues hen the qb, o line, pass rush safety for starters. Last time I looked football was team game before I fix the qb position if fix the other three first

All this talk looks like a bunch of us were wrong about Sanchez. Does it really matter, he will be gone in a year or two. If we sign Henne, he will start by the middle of the season anyway. If you think the Jets imploded last season, wait to you see what happens this year.

[QUOTE=rammagen;4389444]you do realize thru 4 years they are the same qb right? stats wise and record wise almost the same....
    The blindness of some people. You who manning explain to me what do we do in two years or 1 hit and he can't play anymore. Or do you forget he helped get us to two championship games in two years and was the 5 th most sacked qb in game last year.....
    Look you take an upgrade when you can and last yrs team was disappointing but thee were more issues hen the qb, o line, pass rush safety for starters. Last time I looked football was team game before I fix the qb position if fix the other three first[/QUOTE]

Not the same QB. Eli had prototypical physical attributes - stands 6'4", was always able to see and throw from the pocket, had a huge arm, 4 years of starting experience in college, and off the charts pedigree.

The statistics are similar, but for every Eli Manning, there are 10 Joey Harringtons.

The OP looks like a clown because he doesn't seem to know the difference between restructuring and a pay cut... Restructuring helps a team out but the player isn't giving up anything... The only time a player actually gives up anything is a pay cut.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4389507]Not the same QB. Eli had prototypical physical attributes - stands 6'4", was always able to see and throw from the pocket, had a huge arm, 4 years of starting experience in college, and off the charts pedigree.

The statistics are similar, but for every Eli Manning, there are 10 Joey Harringtons.[/QUOTE]

very true. and if the jets bail on sanchez after this season i would be shocked if they didn't target a taller qb who's a classic pocket passer.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4389638]very true. and if the jets bail on sanchez after this season i would be shocked if they didn't target a taller qb who's a classic pocket passer.[/QUOTE]

Wow what a concept. A big, strong armed QB? The Jets have only had one of those in the past 15 years it was Vinny Testaverde. Every other qb has been undersized (Sanchez, Clemens, Bollinger) and/or no arm strength (Pennington, McElroy).

The only other "big, strong armed" qb we've had was Brett Ratliff and he, well, sucked balls.

That's part of the reason why I call Sanchez a $14.25 million Rex Grossman. Same level of talent, same physical attributes.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4389681]Wow what a concept. A big, strong armed QB? The Jets have only had one of those in the past 15 years it was Vinny Testaverde. Every other qb has been undersized (Sanchez, Clemens, Bollinger) and/or no arm strength (Pennington, McElroy).

The only other "big, strong armed" qb we've had was Brett Ratliff and he, well, sucked balls.

That's part of the reason why I call Sanchez a $14.25 million Rex Grossman. Same level of talent, same physical attributes.[/QUOTE]

and i add that if they cut sanchez and are in the hunt for another qb to draft next year, it won't be tanny doing the drafting. new GM, new regime, new qb. rex would stay, assuming he keeps the lockerroom in order.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4389507]Not the same QB. Eli had prototypical physical attributes - stands 6'4", was always able to see and throw from the pocket, had a huge arm, 4 years of starting experience in college, and off the charts pedigree.

The statistics are similar, but for every Eli Manning, there are 10 Joey Harringtons.[/QUOTE]
    Just to show you what a joke the Heisman is Eli and Larry Fitzgerald lost to QB Jason White who wasn't even drafted..:eek:

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4389688]and i add that if they cut sanchez and are in the hunt for another qb to draft next year, it won't be tanny doing the drafting. new GM, new regime, new qb. rex would stay, assuming he keeps the lockerroom in order.[/QUOTE]

If they sign Jason Campbell on the cheap (who is as good or better than Sanchez) and sign Mario Williams it will still be Tanny making the draft selections in 2013 because we will have made the playoffs in 2012.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4389696]Just to show you what a joke the Heisman is Eli and Larry Fitzgerald lost to QB Jason White who wasn't even drafted..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Charlie Ward won the Heisman Trophy and he ended up being a crappy pg for the Knicks.

All League
    [QUOTE=leftturn3;4389345]I do not think Sanchez has a choice, yes he can tie our hands, but if it were me and he held tight, i would grab Henne, however it is spelled, and let Sanches ride the bench. right now he is worth nothing, well almost nothing, if he does not prove himself he will be looking, at best, a backup job next year. I personally do not think Sanchez has a leg to stand on, he has proven nothing.[/QUOTE]

I love all these typical Jets fans comments. Yes, Sanchez has done absolutely NOTHING good since he has entered the league. You are so right :rolleyes:

Also, how quickly everyone forgets that the only OC he has ever had is an OC who has consistently underperformed with every QB he has worked with. No matter how simplistic you fans want to make the NFL seem, real life is not Madden. It is hard to compare QB's to other QB's in this league because system matters. You take a good QB and put them in a bad system and they can underperform. Just like you can take a mediocre QB and put them in a good system and they can over-perform.

Personally, despite Sanchez's down (some say horrible, despite setting TD record) year last year, I still believe he has more talent than Henne or Moore. Being that they put up good numbers in Sparano's system, I expect Sanchez to perform even better then them.

[QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4389307]What I meant was, with all of the Manning BS, [B]the FO has pissed off a player with one of highest cap #s this year.[/B] He's probably going to tell them to f'off if they approach him about restructuring to free up room for other players (should they not get Mannning).

However, since someone pointed out that becuase of CBA rule they may not be able to anyway, my point may be moot.[/QUOTE]

Source that they pissed him off?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4389818]Source that they pissed him off?[/QUOTE]

It's that unnamed guy again I bet..:yes:

[QUOTE=Savage69;4389853]It's that unnamed guy again I bet..:yes:[/QUOTE]

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/UnnamedJetPlayr[/url]

Shame that guy stopped posting, it was a pretty funny account. certainly would have more material.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4389853]It's that unnamed guy again I bet..:yes:[/QUOTE]

I love how people post things under their total assumption and present it as facts.