Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redskins have been told no by Manning camp

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Redskins have been told no by Manning camp

according to Mike F. Maybe we'll get weeded out too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's a Dolphin I'm going to be so ****ING angry...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, 'F' Snyder :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4388999]If he's a Dolphin I'm going to be so ****ING angry...[/QUOTE]

Lets just say that the Jets will be going on early vacations for the next four years if that is the case.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami is the obvious choice. It's usually some dark horse that ends up coming out of nowhere though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was expected he would snub the skins... Manning doesnt want to be in direct competition with eli for a playoff spot. No surprise there.

Fins are getting a lot of buzz, i think the cardinals would be one of the better fits. The best fit was brought up on espn earlier yesterday in the Texans.

If the texans really wanted to be extremely bold they'd find a way to get manning.. Manning and that offense, with that defense would be a huge deal, especially with how weak that division is. Plus the added incentive of sticking it to irsay twice a year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selfish- he doesn't want to play for his brother's rivals.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chrebetfan80;4389021]it was expected he would snub the skins... Manning doesnt want to be in direct competition with eli for a playoff spot. No surprise there.

Fins are getting a lot of buzz, i think the cardinals would be one of the better fits. The best fit was brought up on espn earlier yesterday in the Texans.

If the texans really wanted to be extremely bold they'd find a way to get manning.. Manning and that offense, with that defense would be a huge deal, especially with how weak that division is. Plus the added incentive of sticking it to irsay twice a year.[/QUOTE]

And the Texans could surely get a high pick in return for Schaub, from either the Fins or Skins :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was no way that Peyton was going to play Eli twice a year...

And we have to hope that he doesn't go to Miami because it's almost impossible to make the playoffs in that type of division. Buffalo isn't great by any stretch, but they aren't exactly walkovers anymore either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans make perfect sense. They can trade Schaub, they play in a dome, they play in an easy division, they have more playmakers than Miami, and they would be SB favorites if he went there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389054][B]Texans[/B] make perfect sense. They can trade Schaub, they play in a dome, they play in an easy division, they have more playmakers than Miami, and they would be SB favorites if he went there.[/QUOTE]

Would it matter to him that he'd be playing the Colts twice a year? hmmm maybe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]It's usually some dark horse that ends up coming out of nowhere though. [/QUOTE]

Tennesse Titans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4389057]Would it matter to him that he'd be playing the Colts twice a year? hmmm maybe.[/QUOTE]

Did Brett Farve care if he played the Packers twice a year in Minnesota?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389063]Did Brett Farve care if he played the Packers twice a year in Minnesota?[/QUOTE]

Umm that was the whole point of Favre going to Minnesota Peyton actually left Indy on a good note.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389063]Did Brett Farve care if he played the Packers twice a year in Minnesota?[/QUOTE]

Farve wanted to play the Packers twice a year....stick it to them (or try anyway).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but Favre was bitter. I don't think Peyton really is. It made no sense in the world for the Colts to pay him $28 million and have Luck sit on the bench. I think he's intelligent enough to realize that. Just a guess - but I doubt he's looking forward to (other than the Standing O) going into Indy and competing against the Colts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they left their teams in similar fashion. Favre wanted revenge.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if New Orleans is a dark horse candidate? Brees is a FA and Peyton is from Louisiana ....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line is that if Peyton wants to have the best chance to win, Miami isnt the place to go because Brady's still in that division.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4389090]I wonder if New Orleans is a dark horse candidate? Brees is a FA and Peyton is from Louisiana ....[/QUOTE]

Saints tagged Brees.