Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redskins have been told no by Manning camp

Rookie
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4389008]Lets just say that the Jets will be going on early vacations for the next four years if that is the case.[/QUOTE]

What a joke. Oh my gosh.... Manning is just unbeatable. His name, alone, is gonna beat the Jets for the next 4 years. Become and effin' Phins fan.... one less pessimistic "the Jets will never win" fan isn't gonna kill the fan base. He's been beaten before, by the Jets, with better all around teams. Oh yeah, he's a year older, two years older than the last time he played, would have to play more cold weather games in the AFC east.... AND he's coming off of surgery, I don't care what surgery, ANY surgery is an unknown..... especially at his age.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389054]Texans make perfect sense. They can trade Schaub, they play in a dome, they play in an easy division, they have more playmakers than Miami, and they would be SB favorites if he went there.[/QUOTE]

+1

This is what I think.

They trade Schaub, sign Peyton and win the SB.

Peyton to Andre Johnson? Scary.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Laxman;4389100]What a joke. Oh my gosh.... Manning is just unbeatable. His name, alone, is gonna beat the Jets for the next 4 years. Become and effin' Phins fan.... one less pessimistic "the Jets will never win" fan isn't gonna kill the fan base. He's been beaten before, by the Jets, with better all around teams. Oh yeah, he's a year older, two years older than the last time he played, would have to play more cold weather games in the AFC east.... AND he's coming off of surgery, I don't care what surgery, ANY surgery is an unknown..... especially at his age.[/QUOTE]

Not that I think we're "done for" if Peyton signs with Miami, but people are missing the point when they make posts like this.

The Pats have owned the AFC East forever.

The Colts have owned the AFC South forever, due primarily to Peyton.

You don't think the proposition of "another New England" in the division is terryfing? That it pretty much kills our chances of winning the division (which were pretty much zero until Brady retires anyway) and makes the playoffs much harder.

Going 2-2 against Brady/Peyton would be the minimum you'd likely need to have to make the postseason.

[QUOTE=Rambler;4388995]according to Mike F. Maybe we'll get weeded out too.[/QUOTE]

What does Francesa know? I kind of doubt even a semi-intelligent agent would lose negotiating leverage by announcing the field is narrowing. and not one as smart as the one that negotiated this kind of detail into his contract:

"
    Manning and his representatives appear hopeful of picking a new team by the time the NFLís free agent market opens Tuesday, people familiar with the situation said.
    That would enable Manning to negotiate a contract before quarterback-needy clubs have other options available to them in free agency. Manningís last contract was structured to give him that advantage if he were released by the Colts, according to people familiar with the arrangement. "
    [URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/peyton-manning-the-wooing-begins/2012/03/08/gIQAu4VXzR_blog.html?tid=pm_sports_pop[/URL]

But what do I know, I was adament he would stay with the colts:missed:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4388999]If he's a Dolphin I'm going to be so ****ING angry...[/QUOTE]

why? He's broken and would put them in salary cap hell like forever....me likey!!!!:yes:

[QUOTE=Austin;4389113]Not that I think we're "done for" if Peyton signs with Miami, but people are missing the point when they make posts like this.

You don't think the proposition of "another New England" in the division is terryfing? That it pretty much kills our chances of winning the division (which were pretty much zero until Brady retires anyway) and makes the playoffs much harder.

Going 2-2 against Brady/Peyton would be the minimum you'd likely need to have to make the postseason.[/QUOTE]

But then why would Peyton want to come to this division? Everyone seems to be missing this. WHy would he want to play Brady twice a year?

[QUOTE=Austin;4389113]Not that I think we're "done for" if Peyton signs with Miami, but people are missing the point when they make posts like this.

Going 2-2 against Brady/Peyton would be the minimum you'd likely need to have to make the postseason.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe we could trade for TJ Yates???

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389154]But then why would Peyton want to come to this division? Everyone seems to be missing this. WHy would he want to play Brady twice a year?[/QUOTE]

Because he will be playing the pats twice a year and watching games last year he probably thought he could throw for 500 yards and 4 td per game against their awful defense. Manning is not going to be afraid of any team. He will find the team he feels he is best suited to go to but who they play will not be a big issue imo.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... arizona is the best bet from the talking heads i like to happen the best ...

... what is schuab's contract status/ cap impact/ etc.? ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389093]Saints tagged Brees.[/QUOTE]

Apparently he isnt going to sign the tag;

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/duncan-says-brees-wont-sign-franchise-tender/[/url]

Veteran
    Peyton wants to stay in the AFC.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4389160]Then maybe we could trade for TJ Yates???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Now go drink some more drain opener ...

[QUOTE=Rambler;4388995]according to Mike F. Maybe we'll get weeded out too.[/QUOTE]

There is no way he would do that to Eli. Even if the Redskins had a decent team he would skip them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4389154]But then why would Peyton want to come to this division? Everyone seems to be missing this. WHy would he want to play Brady twice a year?[/QUOTE]

The bigger question is, why the hell wouldn't he want to play Brady twice a year?

Peyton Manning is one of the most fierce competitors to ever step foot on a football field. His arch nemesis has always been Brady and the Pats. The big debate for the past 8-10 years has been who is the better QB, Brady or Manning?

If Peyton were to sign with the Jets and win a Superbowl within his tenure with the team, he not only leaps ahead of Brady in many peoples eyes, but he'll be seen as the GOAT by tons of people.

Jets Insider VIP

Hey, he won a playoff game in his rookie year. Was close to winning two.

Seeing as that postseason success seems to be the #1 barometer for judging a QB to half the people on this board, I'm sure Jets fans would welcome TJ Yates with open arms.

Veteran

No thank you! I watched him play enough at UNC

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4389225]The bigger question is, why the hell wouldn't he want to play Brady twice a year?

Peyton Manning is one of the most fierce competitors to ever step foot on a football field. His arch nemesis has always been Brady and the Pats. The big debate for the past 8-10 years has been who is the better QB, Brady or Manning?

If Peyton were to sign with the Jets and win a Superbowl within his tenure with the team, he not only leaps ahead of Brady in many peoples eyes, but he'll be seen as the GOAT by tons of people.[/QUOTE]

And the easiest way to do that would be to play Brady twice a year?
    Peyton does want to win, but going to Miami is logically not the best place to go to do it. Plus everybody seems to forget that the Jets beat Manning in his last game.

As much as I think he doesn't care about facing his brother I think he will stay out of that division all together. Maybe Philly and Mudd will get him in to visit but when it goes down to it I don't think he could do that to Eli. He want him to make the POs almost as much as he wants to make the POs.

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4389120]What does Francesa know? I kind of doubt even a semi-intelligent agent would lose negotiating leverage by announcing the field is narrowing. and not one as smart as the one that negotiated this kind of detail into his contract:

"
    Manning and his representatives appear hopeful of picking a new team by the time the NFLís free agent market opens Tuesday, people familiar with the situation said.
    That would enable Manning to negotiate a contract before quarterback-needy clubs have other options available to them in free agency. Manningís last contract was structured to give him that advantage if he were released by the Colts, according to people familiar with the arrangement. "
    [URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/peyton-manning-the-wooing-begins/2012/03/08/gIQAu4VXzR_blog.html?tid=pm_sports_pop[/URL]

But what do I know, I was adament he would stay with the colts:missed:[/QUOTE]

Exactly, what DO you know. By eliminating the Redskins he is going from a field of 12 to a field of 11. Boy, has he he lost negotiating power!

Florio just tweeted that now Manning hasn't ruled out Skins. Florio sux