Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If this front office were smart

If this front office were smart

They'd be purposely sending out smoke signals on Peyton, all the while they were signing Sanchez to a cap-friendly extension. Playing the media at their own game, and keeping the Sanchez deal quiet. Then on March 13, with tons of cap relief, the Jets brass shows up at Mario Williams' door at 12:01 am. Start the day off with a big signing, followed by an active free agent period.

Would be impressed if they did something like this... but would be too damn intelligent for what's coming out of Jetland lately:eek:

[QUOTE=phillyjet;4389023]They'd be purposely sending out smoke signals on Peyton, all the while they were signing Sanchez to a cap-friendly extension. Playing the media at their own game, and keeping the Sanchez deal quiet. Then on March 13, with tons of cap relief, the Jets brass shows up at Mario Williams' door at 12:01 am. Start the day off with a big signing, followed by an active free agent period.

Would be impressed if they did something like this... but would be too damn intelligent for what's coming out of Jetland lately:eek:[/QUOTE]

How do you know Tanny isn't doing that right now? Do you know him? Does he call you at home? DO YOU HAVE A DORSAL FIN?

All Pro
    Signing Mark Sanchez to an extension would be ridiculous.

[QUOTE=Austin;4389117]Signing Mark Sanchez to an extension would be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

BUT he will restructure along with a few others.......might just be what is happening. I would not be surprised.
    THEN DRAFT
    BPA- maybe WR- maybe OLB (to eventually replace Pace) , O-line and then safety

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=phillyjet;4389023]They'd be purposely sending out smoke signals on Peyton, all the while they were signing Sanchez to a cap-friendly extension. Playing the media at their own game, and keeping the Sanchez deal quiet. Then on March 13, with tons of cap relief, the Jets brass shows up at Mario Williams' door at 12:01 am. Start the day off with a big signing, followed by an active free agent period.

Would be impressed if they did something like this... but would be too damn intelligent for what's coming out of Jetland lately:eek:[/QUOTE]

Just because the FO may ultimately decide not to pursue Manning doesn't make the smart move signing Sanchez to an extension. Sanchez is facing a put up or shut up type year - most people will agree with that. It doesn't make sense to ensure that Sanchez is on the roster for the next 4 years if we decide, after this year, that he's not the guy.

no way sanchez contract will get extended. and i dont think he will restructure his contract either

Hall Of Fame
    Extend Sanchez?

NOW THAT WOULD SET THE FRANCHISE BACK.

[QUOTE=aagarcia;4389125]BUT he will restructure along with a few others.......might just be what is happening. I would not be surprised.
    THEN DRAFT
    BPA- maybe WR- maybe OLB (to eventually replace Pace) , O-line and then safety[/QUOTE]

Sanchez should not be extended OR restructured if you keep him on the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Why the hell should the Jets reward Sanchez after those final 3 games of last year?

If they want to stick with him this season, then that's fine. But there's no way that you restructure his contract or give him an extension right now. That's just stupid.

don't see the problem in extending sanchez a couple of years. It's all about leverage. Coming off of last year, he can't demand elite money, and Tanny could probably sign him to a cap-friendly deal. Could make it easier to trade him down the road or release him with less dead money. But if he has a banner year on a rebound, he will ask for a lot more money.

So I don't see the problem in extending him at the right price.

All League
    Charter JI Member

If this front office were smart they would be actively seeking to sign Peyton as soon as possible.

Even if he is only 90% of what he used to be he's still 100% better than Sanchez.

Would you turn down a slightly creased $100 bill to keep a crisp $10 bill?

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4389213]Why the hell should the Jets reward Sanchez after those final 3 games of last year?

If they want to stick with him this season, then that's fine. But there's no way that you restructure his contract or give him an extension right now. That's just stupid.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. We get you don't like Sanchez. However, a move like this stablizes the QB position and sends a clear message to our young developing QB that he is our guy for the long term -- removing all doubt.

Why base his work on the final 3 games this year and not look at the entire picture? That's not fair.

I would be in favor of a move as the OP outlined here in this thread. Imo, it is a win-win for the Jets.

[QUOTE=IndianaJet;4389223]If this front office were smart they would be actively seeking to sign Peyton as soon as possible.

Even if he is only 90% of what he used to be he's still 100% better than Sanchez.

Would you turn down a slightly creased $100 bill to keep a crisp $10 bill?[/QUOTE]

LMAO with your analogy. How many rings does P. Manning have? I could argue that he is very overrated. He played in a division with an expansion two of the most recent expansion teams. In other words, AFCS is a joke division. His playoff record is nothing special at all-- where the greats are measured. This love affair for Manning is so over-the top imo.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=phillyjet;4389219]don't see the problem in extending sanchez a couple of years. It's all about leverage. Coming off of last year, he can't demand elite money, and Tanny could probably sign him to a cap-friendly deal. Could make it easier to trade him down the road or release him with less dead money. But if he has a banner year on a rebound, he will ask for a lot more money.

So I don't see the problem in extending him at the right price.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4389226]I respectfully disagree. We get you don't like Sanchez. However, a move like this stablizes the QB position and sends a clear message to our young developing QB that he is our guy for the long term -- removing all doubt.

Why base his work on the final 3 games this year and not look at the entire picture? That's not fair.

I would be in favor of a move as the OP outlined here in this thread. Imo, it is a win-win for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Sanchez has been the definition of mediocre so far and you're ready to committ to him for the next 5+ years? Good God, you can't make this stuff up.

Our QB history is so goddamn pathetic that people have put Sanchez on this pedestal just because he's been a part of 4 playoff wins.

I'm not just looking at the final three games of last season, I'm looking at his entire body of work. I'm not hating on Sanchez, I simply call it like I see it. He's a mediocre, turnover prone QB at this point with piss poor accuracy. How can that even be disputed?

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4389229]LMAO with your analogy. [B]How many rings does P. Manning have? [/B] [/QUOTE]

He has one....in case you don't remember....that's one more than this franchise has had in the last 40+ years.

That's all I want....one....just one time.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4389226]I respectfully disagree. We get you don't like Sanchez. However, a move like this stablizes the QB position and sends a clear message to our young developing QB that he is our guy for the long term -- removing all doubt.

I would be in favor of a move as the OP outlined here in this thread. Imo, it is a win-win for the Jets.[/QUOTE]Looking at the entire picture is the reason not to extend him. I can not name one game he has dominated for 4 qts in three years.. Even average qbs can get hot

[QUOTE=Austin;4389117]Signing Mark Sanchez to an extension would be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for providing some much needed sanity to this topic.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4389229]LMAO with your analogy. How many rings does P. Manning have? I could argue that he is very overrated. He played in a division with an expansion two of the most recent expansion teams. In other words, AFCS is a joke division. His playoff record is nothing special at all-- where the greats are measured. This love affair for Manning is so over-the top imo.[/QUOTE]
    Have you ever seen Manning play????

Jets Insider VIP

Actually would show some guts and intelligence. But no need to restructure just yet....