Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If this front office were smart

All League
    Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Bravo

All League
    [QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4389183]no way sanchez contract will get extended. and i dont think he will restructure his contract either[/QUOTE]

You were saying?

Scoops is that you??

I would have thought that nobody saw this coming. Guess I was wrong. Good stuff PhillyJet, kudos.

RDE: Mario Williams/Mike Devito
    LDE: Muhammad Wilkerson
    DT: Sione Pouha/Kenrick Ellis

Veteran
    One of the best, most forward thinking posts, I have ever read on JI. I am honestly shocked anyone called this.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=phillyjet;4389023]They'd be purposely sending out smoke signals on Peyton, all the while they were signing Sanchez to a cap-friendly extension. Playing the media at their own game, and keeping the Sanchez deal quiet. Then on March 13, with tons of cap relief, the Jets brass shows up at Mario Williams' door at 12:01 am. Start the day off with a big signing, followed by an active free agent period.

Would be impressed if they did something like this... but would be too damn intelligent for what's coming out of Jetland lately:eek:[/QUOTE]

The fact that the first part of the post happened to a tee is a good omen....

Let's throw the checkbook at supermario!!!!!!

Have to say OP is awesome.

I salute you for your prescience

Practice Squad
    Great call op

[QUOTE=NEWNYJETS;4391152]Great call op[/QUOTE]

+1000.......:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    PhillyJet is freakin Nostradamus!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4389213]Why the hell should the Jets reward Sanchez after those final 3 games of last year?

If they want to stick with him this season, then that's fine. But there's no way that you restructure his contract or give him an extension right now. That's just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Great call by Phillyjet. I agreed wiith your thoughts 2 days ago and some scoffed at the idea.

Btw, untouchable, still stand by it being a stupid idea? ;):P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4391179]Great call by Phillyjet. I agreed wiith your thoughts 2 days ago and some scoffed at the idea.

Btw, untouchable, still stand by it being a stupid idea? ;):P[/QUOTE]

Yeah

It means we're locked into Sanchez as our starter for at least the next 2-3 years, for better or worse.

Before the extension, we would've been able to dump Sanchez next offseason if he sh*ts the bed again this year. Not the case now.

The same people who are calling this a great move right now are the same people who will be calling for us to get rid of Sanchez by this time next year if we end up seeing more of the same this season. But we won't be able to.

[QUOTE=phillyjet;4389023]They'd be purposely sending out smoke signals on Peyton, all the while they were signing Sanchez to a cap-friendly extension. Playing the media at their own game, and keeping the Sanchez deal quiet. Then on March 13, with tons of cap relief, the Jets brass shows up at Mario Williams' door at 12:01 am. Start the day off with a big signing, followed by an active free agent period.

Would be impressed if they did something like this... but would be too damn intelligent for what's coming out of Jetland lately:eek:[/QUOTE]

Wow...Great call!!!!!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4391225]Yeah

It means we're locked into Sanchez as our starter for at least the next 2-3 years, for better or worse.

Before the extension, we would've been able to dump Sanchez next offseason if he sh*ts the bed again this year. Not the case now.

The same people who are calling this a great move right now are the same people who will be calling for us to get rid of Sanchez by this time next year if we end up seeing more of the same this season. But we won't be able to.[/QUOTE]

Please put me in the camp that never believed Sanchez's job should've been in any jeopardy. The vast overreaction of the final 3 games contributed to that silly discussion.

Sanchez will be fine. He's has demonstrated that he can get the job done. I am thrilled by this move. It stabilizes the position for the next few years and gives us much needed cap flexibility this year.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391225]Yeah

[B]Before the extension, we would've been able to dump Sanchez next offseason if he sh*ts the bed again this year. [/B]Not the case now.

The same people who are calling this a great move right now are the same people who will be calling for us to get rid of Sanchez by this time next year if we end up seeing more of the same this season. But we won't be able to.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is correct. I'm not sure of the contract details, and if you are, I defer. But I believe I've read that under Sanchez's original deal, unless the Jets cut ties with Sancez THIS off season, they're basically tied to him through 2013.

That seems to be the same under this extension. So, really, unless you were advocating that they move on from him now, not much has changed...other than having more cap room to work with now, and a team-friendly QB deal down the road IF he proves to be the francise QB.

Again, that's my understanding of it. If someone with more knowledge of the old and new deals can fill in details, I'd be interested. Because, basically, that's what makes this a good move, or not.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 03-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4391298]Please put me in the camp that never believed Sanchez's job should've been in any jeopardy. The vast overreaction of the final 3 games contributed to that silly discussion.

Sanchez will be fine. He's has demonstrated that he can get the job done. I am thrilled by this move. It stabilizes the position for the next few years and gives us much needed cap flexibility this year.[/QUOTE]

It's not just the last three games of last season. If we're looking at Mark's entire body of work, he's been an up and down QB with questionable accuracy and a penchant for backbreaking turnovers.

Listen, if Sanchez comes out guns blazing this year and takes a huge step forward, then I'll be one of the first people to praise the hell out of Tanny, Rex, and Woody for believeing in Sanchez and signing him to this extension.

But if we see more of the same from Sanchez, then it becomes more and more clear that he isn't the guy and this move could very well blow up in our faces.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4389241]LOL

Sanchez has been the definition of mediocre so far and you're ready to committ to him for the next 5+ years? Good God, you can't make this stuff up.

Our QB history is so goddamn pathetic that people have put Sanchez on this pedestal just because he's been a part of 4 playoff wins.

I'm not just looking at the final three games of last season, I'm looking at his entire body of work. I'm not hating on Sanchez, I simply call it like I see it. He's a mediocre, turnover prone QB at this point with piss poor accuracy. How can that even be disputed?[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO @ the egg all over your face in this thread...

[QUOTE=BXJETSBULLY;4390912]RDE: Mario Williams/Mike Devito
    LDE: Muhammad Wilkerson
    DT: Sione Pouha/Kenrick Ellis[/QUOTE]

Mario would be at OLB for most of his snaps although I'm sure he would see some time at DE shooting up the A or B gap.

Me likey this defense. :D

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;4391332]I don't think this is correct. I'm not sure of the contract details, and if you are, I defer. But I believe I've read that under Sanchez's original deal, unless the Jets cut ties with Sancez THIS off season, they're basically tied to him through 2013.

That seems to be the same under this extension. So, really, unless you were advocating that they move on from him now, not much has changed...other than having more cap room to work with now, and a team-friendly QB deal down the road IF he proves to be the francise QB.

Again, that's my understanding of it. If someone with more knowledge of the old and new deals can fill in details, I'd be interested. Because, basically, that's what makes this a good move, or not.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

You'll have to forgive Untouchable, his pipedream is gone, his agenda is even bigger now, and he's busy wiping the egg off of his face... :yes: