Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If this front office were smart

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391334]It's not just the last three games of last season. If we're looking at Mark's entire body of work, he's been an up and down QB with questionable accuracy and a penchant for backbreaking turnovers.

Listen, if Sanchez comes out guns blazing this year and takes a huge step forward, then I'll be one of the first people to praise the hell out of Tanny, Rex, and Woody for believeing in Sanchez and signing him to this extension.

But if we see more of the same from Sanchez, then it becomes more and more clear that he isn't the guy and this move could very well blow up in our faces.[/QUOTE]

This move isn't about Mark Sanchez. It's about getting a big-time pass rusher like Mario Williams or Cliff Avril.

Sanchez can take you deep into the playoffs if you have the pieces around him. We already know that. One bad season in which he lost his best WR, had a bad OL and Schotty was terrible even by his low standards does not disprove that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391347]ROFLMAO @ the egg all over your face in this thread...[/QUOTE]

What egg?

How the hell can you praise this move unless you truly believe that Sanchez is going to make a huge leap under Sparano?

Unless someone like Mario Williams or Carl Nicks is a Jet within the next week, then there's no way I can say this was a good idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391359]What egg?

How the hell can you praise this move unless you truly believe that Sanchez is going to make a huge leap under Sparano?

Unless someone like Mario Williams or Carl Nicks is a Jet within the next week, then there's no way I can say this was a good idea.[/QUOTE]

If Mario Williams is a Jet within the next month I'd still think it was a good move.

And we don't need Nicks. He'd be an upgrade but what this team desperately needs is a pass rushing OLB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless someone like Mario Williams or Carl Nicks is a Jet within the next week, then there's no way I can say this was a good idea.[/QUOTE]

I think Sanchez is going to be a very good QB

He doesn't have to be Manning or Brady, I'll take a Troy Aikman any day of the week. Sanchez is already on par with Eli Manning's career

I'd like to see the Jets stabilize his offensive arsenal, because Sanchez has yet to have consecutive years with consistency at the WR position.

And stop with the Nicks pipe dream at RT, or the Jets drafting a RT in the first round, they have first round picks in Mangold and Ferguson, both who just got big contracts, they aren't going to give another big contract to the RT, it's fiscally irresponsible to over-invest at one position on the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391371]I think Sanchez is going to be a very good QB

He doesn't have to be Manning or Brady, I'll take a Troy Aikman any day of the week. Sanchez is already on par with Eli Manning's career

I'd like to see the Jets stabilize his offensive arsenal, because Sanchez has yet to have consecutive years with consistency at the WR position.

And stop with the Nicks pipe dream at RT, or the Jets drafting a RT in the first round, they have first round picks in Mangold and Ferguson, both who just got big contracts, they aren't going to give another big contract to the RT, it's fiscally irresponsible to over-invest at one position on the team.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Do you even hear yourself? Who the f*ck wouldn't be thrilled if Sanchez turns into the next Troy Aikman? A HOF QB with 3 Superbowl rings? LOL

And I'm not talking about playing Nicks at RT. Slauson is coming off surgery and won't be ready for another 5-6 months and cutting Moore saves us almost $4 million in cap space. The Jets could stand to upgrade more than just the RT spot along the OL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

you chose to bicker with ray ray instead of respond to a post that actually raises facts, and invites you to back up your argument. what should I take of that?

in any case, i'd still be interested to hear your response to my post because i'm curious to know if there's something i'm missing here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aagarcia;4389125]BUT he will restructure along with a few others.......might just be what is happening. I would not be surprised.
    THEN DRAFT
    BPA- maybe WR- maybe OLB (to eventually replace Pace) , O-line and then safety[/QUOTE]

:boozin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391381]LOL

Do you even hear yourself? Who the f*ck wouldn't be thrilled if Sanchez turns into the next Troy Aikman? A HOF QB with 3 Superbowl rings? LOL

And I'm not talking about playing Nicks at RT. [B]Slauson is coming off surgery and won't be ready for another 5-6 months[/B] and cutting Moore saves us almost $4 million in cap space. The Jets could stand to upgrade more than just the RT spot along the OL.[/QUOTE]

The start of the season is in September, who gives a crap that he won't be ready until then?

Why cut Moore?

Dude, stop posting, your posts are annoying and ignorant.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gaffneycatch;4391385]you chose to bicker with ray ray instead of respond to a post that actually raises facts, and invites you to back up your argument. what should I take of that?

in any case, i'd still be interested to hear your response to my post because i'm curious to know if there's something i'm missing here.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the answer to your question.

Who does?

The exact details of the contract haven't even been released yet. He just signed the entension last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391381]LOL

And I'm not talking about playing Nicks at RT. Slauson is coming off surgery and won't be ready for another 5-6 months and cutting Moore saves us almost $4 million in cap space. The Jets could stand to upgrade more than just the RT spot along the OL.[/QUOTE]

Slauson's recovery is going very well he says he already feels better than he ever did last season. I actually agree about cutting Moore - better to be too early than too late - plus they can move Wayne Hunter inside to RG where his pass protection wouldn't be such an issue and he'd probably be about the same thing Moore was.

[B]That said I'd rather sign Mario Williams and draft Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams in round 1. I'd jizz if that happened.[/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391371]I think Sanchez is going to be a very good QB

[B]
    And stop with the Nicks pipe dream at RT, or the Jets drafting a RT in the first round, they have first round picks in Mangold and Ferguson, both who just got big contracts, they aren't going to give another big contract to the RT, it's fiscally irresponsible to over-invest at one position on the team[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on mostly all points in this thread, but not Nicks. That said, the Jets said they are not interested in OL in the first, which I think is a smoke screen.

Even with Hunter being garanteed money. Both guards are FA's after this season and we probably won't bring both back. Those new contracts to, Moore and or Slauson, could end up costing more than drafting someone like Glenn, DeCastro, or Konz at 16 for the next 4-5 years. Also 2 of those guys could play G or T for a year and then swing positions the year after giving them leverage in negotiations with Moore and Slauson.

The Jets would have nothing to lose in this situation if the top 3 targets (Ingram, Floyd and Richardson) are gone, which after the combine, seems to be the feeling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4391402]Slauson's recovery is going very well he says he already feels better than he ever did last season. I actually agree about cutting Moore - better to be too early than too late - plus they can move Wayne Hunter inside to RG where his pass protection wouldn't be such an issue and he'd probably be about the same thing Moore was.

[B]That said I'd rather sign Mario Williams and draft Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams in round 1. I'd jizz if that happened.[/B][/QUOTE]

If Vernon Carey can be signed cheap, I could see the Jets cutting Moore.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391392]The start of the season is in September, who gives a crap that he won't be ready until then?

Why cut Moore?

Dude, stop posting, your posts are annoying and ignorant.[/QUOTE]

I care

That means Slauson is going to miss out on offseason activities, OTA's, the pre-season, and most if not all of training camp. Oh yeah, all the while we're installing a new offense and blocking schemes. :rolleyes:

And why cut Moore? I think I just told you why. He saves us $4 million in cap space and his play has fallen off.

You're a jackass, you suck off the Jets at every turn, stop posting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391415]I care

That means Slauson is going to miss out on offseason activities, OTA's, the pre-season, and most if not all of training camp. Oh yeah, all the while we're installing a new offense and blocking schemes. :rolleyes:

And why cut Moore? I think I just told you why. He saves us $4 million in cap space and his play has fallen off.

You're a jackass, you suck off the Jets at every turn, stop posting.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I just don't get the "I suck off the Jets..."

What the hell does that mean?

You're flailing away at your keyboard with your ignorance, you've been taken to task at every whim in the last 24-48 hours, and you STILL don't get it, no matter how many others have tried to explain it to you...

But I'm the jackass? Ok .... :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4391396]I don't know the answer to your question.

Who does?

The exact details of the contract haven't even been released yet. He just signed the entension last night.[/QUOTE]

the part of your post I bolded was where you say we could have easily cut ties with him after this season -- that's about the LAST contract, not the new one.

so i'll ask again -- was that based on actual facts, or not?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391429]LOL, I just don't get the "I suck off the Jets..."

What the hell does that mean?

You're flailing away at your keyboard with your ignorance, you've been taken to task at every whim in the last 24-48 hours, and you STILL don't get it, no matter how many others have tried to explain it to you...

But I'm the jackass? Ok .... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What does it mean?

It means that the Jets can do no wrong in your eyes. Every move is the right move. And everyone who doesn't agree with a particular move or transaction, is a "same old Jets fan", "doesn't know football", or is "ignorant" in your view. That's what it means. You gave me and others tons of sh*t for saying it was a bad move to rely on a 35 year old ex-con as our #2 WR last year. How did that work out? :rolleyes: