Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That pathetic person Joe Willie Namath just said

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"Pathetic person"?

Pathetic post.

[QUOTE=Rambler;4389318]That Peyton Manning would not be interested in the Jets because of your locker room situation. Thanks a lot Joe![/QUOTE]

First of all, JWN is not pathetic.

Secondly, it's the way he's become when giving statements about the team. What he's saying is true (isn't it?).

[QUOTE=John_0515;4389405]First of all, JWN is not pathetic.

Secondly, it's the way he's become when giving statements about the team. What he's saying is true (isn't it?).[/QUOTE]

JWN is speaking from the heart, plain and simple, he will ALWAYS bleed green. Those that slam him (not you) make me sick. Yes, he's outspoken, I believe it's simply because he cares so much :yes:

hmmm....joe dissing the jet locker room. seems like he is being a bit nostalgic for the good old days when he put bachelor's III ahead of the team. oh well, if he knew then what he knows now.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Rambler;4389318]That Peyton Manning would not be interested in the Jets because of your locker room situation. Thanks a lot Joe![/QUOTE]

Why do you consider Namath "pathetic" for speaking the truth?

The Jets locker room is in shambles.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389448]Why do you consider Namath "pathetic" for speaking the truth?

The Jets locker room is in shambles.[/QUOTE]
    Some Jet fans:rolleyes:, I guess the Jets locker room picture at the end of the season was that of peace and love. Joe Namath one of a handful can really be identified as a Jet great will have the balls to say the truth and not be afraid of it. The truth hurts sometimes. Good to see you back Tex
    Last edited by Boynton Beach Jets; 03-09-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Namath is one of a small group of Jets greats, the best ever actually, yet some here call him names because he speaks the truth, something you obviously can't handle hearing. Jeesh!
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 03-09-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4389455]Some Jet fans:rolleyes:, I guess the Jets locker room picture at the end of the season was that of peace and love. Joe Namath one of a handful can really be identified as a Jet great will have the balls to say the truth and not be afraid of it. The truth hurts sometimes. Good to see you back Tex[/QUOTE]

Thanks Boynton, and you are correct.

Namath has always been outspoken, but everything he has ever said is the truth.

Pretty sad when younger Jets fans call him pathetic just because they do not want to hear the truth.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389464]Thanks Boynton, and you are correct.

Namath has always been outspoken, but everything he has ever said is the truth.

Pretty sad when younger Jets fans call him pathetic just because they do not want to hear the truth.[/QUOTE]

I agree .. its mostly the younger crowd ... its ok .. we know he speaks the truth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389448]Why do you consider Namath "pathetic" for speaking the truth?

The Jets locker room is in shambles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its in shambles as Sanchez tweeted Holmes to be his valentine. Sounds like everyone really hates eachother.

Banned
    [QUOTE=petejet;4389490]Yeah its in shambles as Sanchez tweeted Holmes to be his valentine. Sounds like everyone really hates eachother.[/QUOTE]

Are you citing a Valentine tweet as an example of leadership, cohesion and unity in the Jets locker room? :eek:

Namath speaks the truth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389500]Are you citing a Valentine tweet as an example of leadership, cohesion and unity in the Jets locker room? :eek:[/QUOTE]

My point is that things are not as bad as they seem. Everyone learns from their mistakes and moves on.

Joe has been speaking THE TRUTH....since Rex became coach. Almost all statements have been spot on.

Thanks Rambler for dissing the only person that has actually done somrthing for this franchise.......

[QUOTE=Monster_Green;4389525]Joe has been speaking THE TRUTH....since Rex became coach. Almost all statements have been spot on.

Thanks Rambler for dissing the only person that has actually done somrthing for this franchise.......[/QUOTE]

You're welcome dude. Namath is badly trying to relevant.

First, I am against signing Peyton.

However, the suggestion that Peyton may not come here because of the locker room circus is a very legitimate one, echoed in many media outlets the last few days.

If it holds true (and this is something we may never find out for sure), Rex Ryan has a ****load to answer for in that one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game (and it pains me to say that) wouldn't come here because of the mess that a "player's coach" has allowed it to become.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;4389547]First, I am against signing Peyton.

However, the suggestion that Peyton may not come here because of the locker room circus is a very legitimate one, echoed in many media outlets the last few days.

If it holds true (and this is something we may never find out for sure), Rex Ryan has a ****load to answer for in that one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game (and it pains me to say that) wouldn't come here because of the mess that a "player's coach" has allowed it to become.[/QUOTE]

Remember how bad the Giants lockerroom was with Tiki and others who had no faith in Eli and Coughlin about to be fired because he lost the team?? That was 2 Super Bowls ago..:cool:

[QUOTE=Piper;4389404]"Pathetic person"?

Pathetic post.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it, Piper. I'll add pathetic poster.

Namath is getting tons of hate from the younger folk. That guy has earned his right to comment on, and otherwise critique, the Jets. Just remember that if we had a healthy Namath in his prime right now, we wouldn't need Peyton Manning.

There's a lot of reasons why Manning won't come here, but this isn't one of them. Manning's leadership and presence will take over and lead any locker room he ends up going to. Whatever bad apples we have *cough Holmes* would fall in line quickly behind him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=leftturn3;4389327]I would not agree with this because the locker room situation was due to lack of leadership, the signing of Payton corrects that immidiately. We all know Sanchez demanded nothing and backed that up by his play on the field.[/QUOTE]

Let's not pretend Manning always got along with his teammates, either. The guy has been a phenomenal player in this league, but he's also been one of the first to throw his teammates under the bus when things don't go well. Guy pouted about his o-line and his kickers too many times to count. You take that bad with all the good he offered. Great QB, but he certainly isn't looked at as one of the best teammates of all time. He's a Manning. They've always felt priveleged and entitled. It's why Peyton didn't come out in the draft when he couldn't be guaranteed to be the #1 pick, and why Eli refused to play for San Diego.

Please. If we're going to have to deal with this nonsensical conversation for the next week or two, let's at least not revise history.