Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That pathetic person Joe Willie Namath just said

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rambler;4389318]That Peyton Manning would not be interested in the Jets because of your locker room situation. Thanks a lot Joe![/QUOTE]

hey pathetic person..... OTHER JETS have leaked the same thing.

You live in denial?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4389561]Let's not pretend Manning always got along with his teammates, either. The guy has been a phenomenal player in this league, but he's also been one of the first to throw his teammates under the bus when things don't go well. Guy pouted about his o-line and his kickers too many times to count. You take that bad with all the good he offered. Great QB, but he certainly isn't looked at as one of the best teammates of all time.

Please. If we're going to have to deal with this nonsensical conversation for the next week or two, let's at least not revise history.[/QUOTE]

Hypocrisy and jumping to conclusions(wrong ones) remain the favorite ploys of the off season Chicken Little Brigade..:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4389548]Remember how bad the Giants lockerroom was with Tiki and others who had no faith in Eli and Coughlin about to be fired because he lost the team?? That was 2 Super Bowls ago..:cool:[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rambler;4389318]That Peyton Manning would not be interested in the Jets because of your locker room situation. [B]Thanks a lot [U]Joe[/U][/B]![/QUOTE]

Of course you meant "Thanks a lot [B]Rex[/B]!"

After all, the locker room issues are directly caused by Rex's lack of leadership and control. Namath is 100% on the money. Rex allows the inmates to run the asylum and that is unattractive for any big name free agent.

But guys like you just love to shoot the messenger.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4389588]Of course you meant "Thanks a lot [B]Rex[/B]!"

After all, the locker room issues are directly caused by Rex's lack of leadership and control. Namath is 100% on the money. Rex allows the inmates to run the asylum and that is unattractive for any big name free agent.

But guys like you just love to shoot the messenger.[/QUOTE]

Is it unattractive? Peyton Manning ran the asylum in Indy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4389464]Thanks Boynton, and you are correct.

Namath has always been outspoken, but everything he has ever said is the truth.

Pretty sad when younger Jets fans call him pathetic just because they do not want to hear the truth.[/QUOTE]

Tex, it is not the fact that he speaks the truth or not, he just does not know when to speak and when not to. I am not part of the younger crowd, in fact watched the SB JWN played in, yes i was 6 but watched and followed Joe the rest of his career.

back to the point, Joe has always been my number one sports legion, but the past few years he has had nothing but negative comments and drunken outbursts, ok maybe as of late he curbed the drinking.

this right here is a prime example of what is making me, and so many others, sick of him. We are trying, or not, to get Manning, the last thing that needs to be front and center from our only SB hero is how Manning does not want to come here because of the locker room and other reasons, shut the f--k up Joe.

If Joe was a true Jet promoter he would be talking the team up, not down. You canít argue this, it is hard cold fact.

Joe is, and has been, acting like a spoiled little brat that does not want his fame to go away. Joe is only still as relevant as he is because he is the last and only QB to win a SB for the Jets, and everyone else knows that once we win a SB again he gets put on the shelf, not forgotten, he will never be forgotten, just put on the shelf.

I love Joe, in a manly way of course, but he is hurting the team, he is doing nothing to help it and this is what is pissing us all off.

Tex, you are not a Jet fan, so you can't feel it, all you see is that it is the truth, you do not feel the burn to want to do anything to win another championship, and in turn the burn when someone is hurting that chance, truth or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Locker Room"

Most overrated nonsense in sports. With the egos and general stupidity that run rampant in NFL players and the huge rosters, every single team has it's "locker room "cancers".

Watch tapes of the old Martin-Munson-Jackson Yankees and then tell me about locker rooms its correlation to success on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leftturn3;4389595]this right here is a prime example of what is making me, and so many others, sick of him. We are trying, or not, to get Manning, the last thing that needs to be front and center from our only SB hero is how Manning does not want to come here because of the locker room and other reasons, shut the f--k up Joe.

[B]If Joe was a true Jet promoter he would be talking the team up, not down. You canít argue this, it is hard cold fact. [/B] [/quote]

No it's not. It's pure unadulterated personal opinion, not fact. please look up the definition of fact. What you said is not an established truth. It's merely your opinion which is far from being shared by all.

[quote]Joe is, and has been, acting like a spoiled little brat that does not want his fame to go away. Joe is only still as relevant as he is because he is the last and only QB to win a SB for the Jets, and everyone else knows that once we win a SB again he gets put on the shelf, not forgotten, he will never be forgotten, just put on the shelf.

I love Joe, in a manly way of course, but he is hurting the team, he is doing nothing to help it and this is what is pissing us [B]all[/B] off.

Tex, you are not a Jet fan, so you can't feel it, all you see is that it is the truth, you do not feel the burn to want to do anything to win another championship, and in turn the burn when someone is hurting that chance, truth or not.[/QUOTE]

all? Hardly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4389602]No it's not. It's pure unadulterated personal opinion, not fact. please look up the definition of fact. What you said is not an established truth. It's merely your opinion which is far from being shared by all.

all? Hardly.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with Lefty. If Joe really cared about the team he would be out recruiting Manning not dissing the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4389603]I tend to agree with Lefty. If Joe really cared about the team he would be out recruiting Manning not dissing the team.[/QUOTE]

Why? You know the Jets haven't given Joe the time of day in years. Unfortunately, we have morons like Woody and Tannendunce who have not embraced Namath and used his experience and expertise to help the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4389590]Is it unattractive? Peyton Manning ran the asylum in Indy.[/QUOTE]

Look, here's why the OP's opinion is worthless: Manning will go where he has the best opportunity to make the most money (including endorsements) and win another championship. The mess otherwise referred to as the Jets lockerroom would only be a small secondary limitation. I agree with Namath that the lack of leadership from the HC and the ensuing chaos in the lockerroom is blemish on the appeal of this team, and makes it less appealing than some other team that could deliver similar financial rewards to Manning along with a similar chance at a championship, but in the end, it's the other factors that will matter more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4389603]I tend to agree with Lefty. If Joe really cared about the team he would be out recruiting Manning not dissing the team.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. You think Joe is talking to keep himself in the limelight and I think it's motivated by other factors. Whatever the reality, what he says has ZERO influence on Manning. Most people who flip out over Namath are just thin skinned fans who can't accept the reality of the mess Rex has created.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4389548]Remember how bad the Giants lockerroom was with Tiki and others who had no faith in Eli and Coughlin about to be fired because he lost the team?? That was 2 Super Bowls ago..:cool:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. We know that we can win with Sanchez as long as we give him the support he needs.

But think about it. You are in the top two or three most attractive teams that one of the greatest QBs ever can go to, and he says no thanks because the HC likes a locker room where guys are free to run their mouths. This is what aggravates me about Ryan.

Again, I'm not dwelling on it too much cuz I don't think it's happening anyway.

But I disagree with anyone who says Namath is whining. He has been spot on with all his comments, and it is good that a respected Jets guy will shine a light publicly on the problems. A rich owner who is happy to have a coach let the players act like children frustrates me tono end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4389610]Look, here's why the OP's opinion is worthless: Manning will go where he has the best opportunity to make the most money (including endorsements) and win another championship. The mess otherwise referred to as the Jets lockerroom would only be a small secondary limitation. I agree with Namath that the lack of leadership from the HC and the ensuing chaos in the lockerroom is blemish on the appeal of this team, and makes it less appealing than some other team that could deliver similar financial rewards to Manning along with a similar chance at a championship, but in the end, it's the other factors that will matter more.[/QUOTE]

I think a important factor for Manning is nice weather or a dome.. When he played the Pats in bad weather at foxboro he sucked.. The Fin lockerroom was a mess after their 1-15 season and they were all happy in the 11-5 season the next year.. Hell the Jets shut him out 41-0 in Jan 03..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4389610]Look, here's why the OP's opinion is worthless: Manning will go where he has the best opportunity to make the most money (including endorsements) and win another championship. The mess otherwise referred to as the Jets lockerroom would only be a small secondary limitation. I agree with Namath that the lack of leadership from the HC and the ensuing chaos in the lockerroom is blemish on the appeal of this team, and makes it less appealing than some other team that could deliver similar financial rewards to Manning along with a similar chance at a championship, but in the end, it's the other factors that will matter more.[/QUOTE]

The mess that is the Jets locker room should be behind us. Sanchez has reached out to Holmes to make amends. He is doing what he should be doing - trying to learn the new play book and LEADING BY EXAMPLE. People need to stop bringing up the locker room. It is over and done with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets locker room is highly toxic. From the starting QB to last the QB on the bench. Namath is calling it straight as he can see it. I see it the same way as do many others.

Rex has to do a better job of managing the Jets or Manning won't be the last FA not to have a desire to get here

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4389617]The Jets locker room is highly toxic. From the starting QB to last the QB on the bench. Namath is calling it straight as he can see it. I see it the same way as do many others.

Rex has to do a better job of managing the Jets or Manning won't be the last FA not to have a desire to get here[/QUOTE]

The jets locker room is not highly toxic because there is no locker room right now. By the time OTAs are here things will be smoothed over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;4389614]I hear ya. We know that we can win with Sanchez as long as we give him the support he needs.

But think about it. You are in the top two or three most attractive teams that one of the greatest QBs ever can go to, and he says no thanks because the HC likes a locker room where guys are free to run their mouths. This is what aggravates me about Ryan.

Again, I'm not dwelling on it too much cuz I don't think it's happening anyway.

But I disagree with anyone who says Namath is whining. He has been spot on with all his comments, and it is good that a respected Jets guy will shine a light publicly on the problems. A rich owner who is happy to have a coach let the players act like children frustrates me tono end.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember the Oakland A's of the 70's?? There would be lockerroom fights before a game and then they would go out and win.. Speaking of Oakland the Raiders lockerroom was a zoo when they were a great team.. Just win baby..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Namath loves that the Jets only success came with him at QB... He loves being the main guy in the hearts of many Jets fans. Same way it kills Favre that Rodgers is going to have more success than he ever had with Green Bay as well.

He doesn't like that being threatened and both Peyton and Rex threaten that... This is why you see the negative comments consistently coming from him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to say that for the couple of suggestions that Peyton would bring that leadership that *may* be lacking....

Do you really think Peyton wants to play babysitter to the Jets locker room? The guy's going to be trying to get himself back in playing shape and learn the system. Now he's supposed to correct any of the Jet's woes? That's silly to think he wants to do that.

Maybe he doesn't care about the locker room but expecting him to cure all evils is absurd.