Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets trying to trade Wayne Hunter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets trying to trade Wayne Hunter

[QUOTE]The Jets' uncharacteristically inconsistent offensive line play last season has prompted them to look for an upgrade.

[B]The Daily News has learned that Gang Green has explored trading right tackle Wayne Hunter this offseason. The Jets were engaged in trade discussions involving Hunter with at least one NFC team, but a deal couldn’t be struck, according to sources.[/B]

Although the Jets still appear amenable to trading Hunter, the lack of depth along the offensive line may ultimately prevent them from dealing him. There is also a belief in the organization that Hunter, who will be entering his ninth season, could improve under offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s new blocking schemes.

“We expect Wayne back,” general manager Mike Tannenbaum told WFAN radio last week. “We expect him to be our starter.”

Hunter, a career backup, struggled in his first season as a full-time starter after taking over for the retired Damien Woody. According to Pro Football Focus, Hunter allowed the third-most sacks (11) and committed the fourth-most penalties (11) by a tackle last season. He also allowed the most quarterback hits (11) among tackles.

However, Hunter wasn’t the lone culprit in pass protection. The offensive line wasn’t nearly as stout as it had been the previous two seasons when it established itself as one of the best units in the league. Mark Sanchez was the fifth-most sacked quarterback in the league last season (39).

“We need more consistent line play,” Tannenbaum said. “There’s no question about that. All of our players need to play more consistently up front. We expect (Hunter) to play better this year.”

Hunter, 30, signed a four-year, $12.9 million contract last offseason. His $2.45 million base salary for 2012 became guaranteed last month.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-seek-trade-offensive-lineman-wayne-hunter-article-1.1035888#ixzz1obH5NZUA[/url][/QUOTE]

Trade this non-beast, Tanny.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Sign Peyton Manning

2. Trade Hunter's sorry ass (I don't even care if it's a conditional pick a year or two from now)

3. Draft David DeCastro or Cordy Glenn at #16

4. Let's go win a f*cking championship

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny trade him for a bag of Doritos.....that's about what he's worth on the open market :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4389423]1. Sign Peyton Manning

2. Trade Hunter's sorry ass (I don't even care if it's a conditional pick a year or two from now)

4. Let's go win a f*cking championship[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's that easy :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a joke? Who's going to pick him up after his poofter season. Besides who else do the Jets have, we stuck with the dude hope he pulls his socks up

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/lololololol.gif[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sooo....we picked up his option because.......?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4389423]1. Sign Peyton Manning

4. Let's go win a f*cking championship[/QUOTE]

:thumbup:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. All I have to say is WOW.

Pick up his option for $2.5MM after a garbage year. LOL @ the "market" for backup Tackles. Players like Hunter have no market bc they suck.

This guys is probably holding up the Peyton Manning deal. Well not really, but now we Manning fanboys have a scape goat.

Great phucking job Tranny. Way to get my day off to a nice start.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne Hunter as a backup is worth more than a 6+ rounder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4389449]Wayne Hunter as a backup is worth more than a 6+ rounder[/QUOTE]

Don't tell the sh!t-for-brains above you. He's on a roll. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely don't get this. He could have been cut for NOTHING a la zero cap hit last month.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take this to mean they signed his replacement already they just can't say it yet. Kareem McKenzie or Barnes has to have an agreement if this is true.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;4389454]I completely don't get this. He could have been cut for NOTHING a la zero cap hit last month.[/QUOTE]

They obviously value him to some extent otherwise they would have cut him or worked out a deal with the NFC team that they spoke to.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... it's the time of year for good GM's to throw out misinformation to disguise their intentions before the draft ...

... chill ...

l_j_r

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Pick up a scrubs option for 2.5 million and then try to trade him? The market for turnstile tackles must be bigger than i thought. Tell me again why Tanny is one of the game's ''top GMs?''

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4389449]Wayne Hunter as a backup is worth more than a 6+ rounder[/QUOTE]

Hunter is worth nothing. And this fruitless effort to trade him will prove that.

I don't even think we can assume he can play backup anymore. He has been exposed and is a liability.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4389424]Tanny trade him for a bag of Doritos.....that's about what he's worth on the open market :yes:[/QUOTE]

Stale doritos are too much. Tanny is a freaking idiot and this just proves it again. Poor player choices by Rex added with poor contract move by Tanny, and this is what the Jets are. Stale doritos.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade his ass for a 2030 conditional 9th round pick, getter done!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4389469]They obviously value him to some extent otherwise they would have cut him or worked out a deal with the NFC team that they spoke to.[/QUOTE]

Not true, cutting him or releasing him gives them a cap hit. Trading him just opens up cap space.