Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets trying to trade Wayne Hunter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whining and b!tching by some of you amazes me! No wonder people say it's hard in NYC. We have the best FO that I can remember (fan since 69). We have one of the best CS. We have a team with several consistent probowlers on it (mostly brought in by Tanny). We have almost a 10 win average over the last 4 years. We went to 2 out of 3 of the last AFCC. Half the people here want to gut the FO and team after a .500 season. Everyone wants a SB NOW, well let me tell you it ain't easy. Alot of decent teams with talent don't even make the playoffs Jets/Eagles last year. Alot of great organizations get knocked off in the playoffs Pitt losing to Denver. People complain that Tanny doesn't build long time, yet they want results now. You're like little girls that want that dolly NOW, you stick out your lip, stamp your feet, and scream at the top of your lungs WTF?! 8-8 get rid of them all, when there were decades that record would've been cause for celebration. fire Sanchez, fire Tanny, get rid of Rex, gut the O-line, and trade Revis for what's behind door number 2. I swear this Madden mindset is, well, maddening. It's not even free agency yet, you have no idea of what the plan is for this year and people are ripping everyone. Ever think that maybe Tanny was in discussions with a team to trade Hunter when his contract guarantee went into effect. What would you people have said if we let him go, knowing A) he's a decent backup, B) he had trade value? Alot of us come here for recent info, a good laugh, or a decent debate. But sometimes the whiners take over and it's like dropping your kid off at nursery school. Please can the mods make an "I don't like anything the Jets do" forum? That way those people can go there and cry amongst themselves instead of making the rest of the site insufferable. Thankyou for your time my rant is done.
    Last edited by CraigFL; 03-09-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

the tanny brain fart

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;4389431]sooo....we picked up his option because.......?[/QUOTE]

The only thing the Jets can save is training table expenses, they'll get nothing for him unless the MTA needs used turnstile.:zzz::zzz::zzz:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NPTJET53;4389513]I think your missing the big picture. If the jets let hunter go, their O-line is even worse off. Now you need to get someone in here to replace Hunter.

What happens if that player demands more now that he knows the Jets have no RT?

What happens if the player gets injured and we no longer have hunter as a back up?

What happens if the Jets don't sign a RT better than Hunter?

What happens if Hunter improves on a team that we play this year?[/QUOTE]

I think the Jets are going to hope to sign Robert Turner to play that swing role and obviously another RT who can step in and start!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4389528]The true lesson here is that nothing that comes out of Tannenbaum's mouth has an ounce of value. Interviewing Tannenbaum is like interviewing a mob boss about what really goes on at a marine port.

[/QUOTE]

... keeping his intentions and what risk/reward chances the jets are willing to take on FA's ... as well as who we are targeting in the draft & when ... to himself in order to maximize the value/cost in our favor ... what a meanie:steamin: ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4389472]Wow. Pick up a scrubs option for 2.5 million and then try to trade him? The market for turnstile tackles must be bigger than i thought. Tell me again why Tanny is one of the game's ''top GMs?''[/QUOTE]

You don't even know who Hunter is.

But besides that, its a joy to read your posts, my friend.
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4389472]Wow. Pick up a scrubs option for 2.5 million and then try to trade him? The market for turnstile tackles must be bigger than i thought. Tell me again why Tanny is one of the game's ''top GMs?''[/QUOTE]

If they end up trading him, they're better off than if they cut him, no? There's no cap hit and getting a conditional 7th rounder is better than getting zero, right?

If the Jets picked up his option (by simply keeping him on the team) with an eye towards either having him on the team or trading and were comfortable with both options, than its pretty much a no brainer. Especially if they are serious about getting into the Manning sweepstakes which would then yield a draft pick in return for Sanchez - at that point the Jets would be able to spend a high pick on an Olineman in addition to whatever they were otherwise targeting (perhaps they were anyway).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one will trade anything for wayne hunter. this is so stupid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does the call go when offering wayne hunter in a trade? Ill try.

"Hello Jim, its Mike Tannenbaum. Accountant........... I mean, GM of the Jets. Do you have any interest in Wayne Hunter?"

Jim(spitting coffee out of his mouth in hysterics) "Can you hold on Mike." Jim(screaming down the hall) "Guys, get in here."

Jim(with room full) "Can you repeat that again Mike?"

Mike: "Sure, do you have any interest in Wayne Hunter?"

Jim: "You mean the worst starting RT in the league, Mike?"

Mike: "Yeah............ I mean........no, he had the most false starts in the league and is swish cheese in pass protection. But besides that he is really really good."

Jim: "Hey Mike, let me put you on hold for a second."

Laughter ensues by entire room.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4389558]How does the call go when offering wayne hunter in a trade? Ill try.

"Hello Jim, its Mike Tannenbaum. Accountant........... I mean, GM of the Jets. Do you have any interest in Wayne Hunter?"

Jim(spitting coffee out of his mouth in hysterics) "Can you hold on Mike." Jim(screaming down the hall) "Guys, get in here."

Jim(with room full) "Can you repeat that again Mike?"

Mike: "Sure, do you have any interest in Wayne Hunter?"

Jim: "You mean the worst starting RT in the league, Mike?"

Mike: "Yeah............ I mean........no, he had the most false starts in the league and is swish cheese in pass protection. But besides that he is really really good."

Jim: "Hey Mike, let me put you on hold for a second."

Laughter ensues by entire room.[/QUOTE]

OR

"hi, jerry. yeah, it's mike again. look, i'm upping my offer. i'll give you hunter AND ducasse for tryon smith. now, you're getting TWO guys for ONE. so you're getting twice as much!"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    &&&[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4389550]You don't even know who Hunter is.

But besides that, its a joy to read your posts, my friend. [/QUOTE]

He's the guy every pass rusher ran through unimpeded on their way to sacking or pressuring Marky.

I appreciate that ol, chap. Have a great weekend. Cheerio!
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1331297194437_5591061.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4389566]&&&

He's the guy every pass rusher ran through unimpeded on their way to sacking or pressuring Marky.

But besides that, its a joy to read your posts, my friend. [/QUOTE]

LOL. Ask Andre Carter. He had hard time choosing between Hunter and Brick in that game at MetLife last year. What a disgrace that was.
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-09-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah JI, frequented by some of the dumbest human beings on the face of the earth.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4389567][IMG]http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1331297194437_5591061.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lol... might as well hold onto him and hope for the best

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why not just cut him before the guaranteed contract. then resign him to vet minimum

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4389449]Wayne Hunter as a backup is worth more than a 6+ rounder[/QUOTE]

Yes but taking in his salary isn't!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4389424]Tanny trade him for a bag of Doritos.....that's about what he's worth on the open market :yes:[/QUOTE]

Don't be so pessimistic. He's worth a conditional 7th rounder in 2034!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Play2Win;4389577]I don't understand why not just cut him before the guaranteed contract. then resign him to vet minimum[/QUOTE]

Because, and I quote "It would have looked bad, cutting one of the only players who stuck up for Sanchez." - Or something to that effect.

Not sure who said it, but it was posted in several places.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4389586]Because, and I quote "It would have looked bad, cutting one of the only players who stuck up for Sanchez." - Or something to that effect.

Not sure who said it, but it was posted in several places.[/QUOTE]

that seems unsettling to me. god help us all jets fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Play2Win;4389587]that seems unsettling to me. god help us all jets fans[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Maybe someone else could pull up those stories. I think it was on the cap website and the JI newsticker.

In fairness to the Jets I think that was an opinion of a writer and not an explanation given by Tanny or any member of the Jets organization. Obviously.