Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what I am getting is...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So what I am getting is...

That if Manning goes to Miami, you think that Tanny and Rex will be fired.
    Where is the logic in that? Are you going to blame Tanny and Rex for having Manning and Brady in the same division?

I wouldn't like that they were in the same division with us, but I wouldn't tear down what I have built just because of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4390108]That if Manning goes to Miami, you think that Tanny and Rex will be fired.
    Where is the logic in that? Are you going to blame Tanny and Rex for having Manning and Brady in the same division?

I wouldn't like that they were in the same division with us, but I wouldn't tear down what I have built just because of it.[/QUOTE]

Its nonsense. People are getting way too emotional thinking that the Jets playoff chances are gone because Manning may go to the Dolphins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4390108]That if Manning goes to Miami, you think that Tanny and Rex will be fired.

I wouldn't like that they were in the same division with us, but I wouldn't tear down what I have built just because of it.[/QUOTE]

the notion is absurd. Only on JI. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4390113]Its nonsense. People are getting way too emotional thinking that the Jets playoff chances are gone because Manning may go to the Dolphins.[/QUOTE]

They are limited though for sure. But what I am getting that is that are we to blame the GM and coach for something that they had no control of?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't need to tear it down... Peyton would do that for you.

Peyton with Marshall, Bush, Bess and possibly Wayne or Garçon would be unstoppable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The notion was not that if he goes to Miami that our front office is doomed. The notion is that if he goes to Miami and elevates the Phins to the extent that they are true playoff contenders to go along with the Pats that always win the division that they could be down the road in a few years. If the Jets missed out on the playoffs the next two years and the phins and pats made it changes would be made.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4390119]You wouldn't need to tear it down... Peyton would do that for you.

Peyton with Marshall, Bush, Bess and possibly Wayne or Garçon would be unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

How unstoppable was he 2 years ago with Garçon and Wayne?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are people saying this?

In the 67 page Manning thread?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the dolphins are where the jets were a few years ago, minus playoff appearances that the jets had with chad.

the dolphins really need a spark. the jets got farve. the dolphins may get peyton. but do people really think he's going to be able to stay healthy, throw as hard as he did, and avoid contact like he did in his prime in indy? teams are going to be smashing him, trying to knock him out. at the first sign of any pain he's coming out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4390150]the dolphins are where the jets were a few years ago, minus playoff appearances that the jets had with chad.

the dolphins really need a spark. the jets got farve. the dolphins may get peyton. but do people really think he's going to be able to stay healthy, throw as hard as he did, and avoid contact like he did in his prime in indy? teams are going to be smashing him, trying to knock him out. at the first sign of any pain he's coming out.[/QUOTE]

One Problem with that is Peyton manning has one of the quickest releases. Look how many sacks the Colts gave up with him behind center. (that oline wasn't that great on paper)

Not to mention the Dolphins have some serious talent on that oline. This isn't a VIking situation where there oline got Old, real fast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and Tanny aren't going to be blamed for Brady and Manning in the same division, but they ARE going to be blamed for not making the playoffs.

And they won't be making the playoffs with the 2 best QB's in the league playing in the same division.

Of course the playoff chances are not gone completely, but be freaking smart... Those 2 guys make teams win. You know you are AT LEAST giving away 1 game to both teams a year. Then throw in the fact that those 2 QB's just don't lose very much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4390201]Rex and Tanny aren't going to be blamed for Brady and Manning in the same division, but they ARE going to be blamed for not making the playoffs.

And they won't be making the playoffs with the 2 best QB's in the league playing in the same division.

Of course the playoff chances are not gone completely, but be freaking smart... Those 2 guys make teams win. You know you are AT LEAST giving away 1 game to both teams a year. Then throw in the fact that those 2 QB's just don't lose very much.[/QUOTE]

look at it this way. the dolphins have beaten the jets at least once in the past 3 years, i think. and even if manning doesn't go to the phins, the jets still have an uphill battle winning the division. so odds are the jets aren't winning the division whether manning is a phin or not.

so in the end, we're back where we all started, crossing our fingers that sanchez figures stuff out this offseason and takes to a simpler playbook, hopefully a fortified o-line and maybe even better weapons. b/c if he doesn't - again - it won't matter if peyton is a dolphin or not. the jets will be drafting another qb. forget playoffs, this team will be in full rebuilding mode again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it fascinating that so many people casually assume that Peyton will hit the ground running, showing no effects from multiple neck surgeries and a year away from the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4390147]Where are people saying this? In the 67 page Manning thread?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I read the title of this thread and all I could think of was "so what I'm getting is...............dumber by the second for reading this thread." And even all 67 pages of the Manning thread doesn't contain a comment this unenlightened. Rex & Mike T. get fired because Manning signs with a team other than the NY Jets?

Seriously?

:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4390115]the notion is absurd. [/QUOTE]

As obsurd as the notion is, why can't there be any validity to it?

The same could be said for the regime in Buffalo.

That's 4 games right off the bat, that are going to be hard wins. After this season, everyone should be on watch anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4390147]Where are people saying this?

In the 67 page Manning thread?[/QUOTE]

apparently?? if so, doesn't this belong in that mega-thread?

while on the topic, agree that this line of thinking makes zero sense.

In fact, if the Jets signed Manning only to keep him away from Miami, then I'd say that would be grounds to have a fire Tanny discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4390146]How unstoppable was he 2 years ago with Garçon and Wayne?[/QUOTE]

Refresh my memory but didn't the Jets beat Peyton and Brady on the way to the AFCCG Jan 11?? :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4390117]They are limited though for sure. But what I am getting that is that are we to blame the GM and coach for something that they had no control of?[/QUOTE]

but in a way they are kind of responsible cause one of the main reasons manning wont come here is the perceived dysfunction on this team..manning is as straight laced as they come and would not co-exist w any type of team turmoil that this team showed last year..hence mr.t and rex who brought in these players and have made us the perception around the league as raiders east!!! whether its true or noty..so IMO rex and mr.t do take a hit here!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4390146]How unstoppable was he 2 years ago with Garçon and Wayne?[/QUOTE]

Better weapons with Marshall and Bush. Plus the Miami's D is top 5 in the league. Peyton has never had any support on D in his career.

Miami instantly becomes a much better team than the Pats with Manning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

He left the field in that game with the lead. Just sayin.