Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4390216]Sanchez = 2012 QB for NY Jets

Come to terms with it, accept it, or be angry all year about it.[/QUOTE]

Open Season!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4390177]No thanks...

[B]If you have 2 QB's you have no QB's[/B].

Henne sucks and I don't need the village idiot fans we have in that stadium chanting for Henne after the first Sanchez screw up. Henne isn't the answer, so let's live and die by Sanchez for another season and figure out if we have to move on.

If you think that Sanchez needs competition then he's not our guy anyway... May as well release him.[/QUOTE]

You might have to explain that to Montana and Young..Bledsoe and Brady or Rogers and Flynn.. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4390220]Then don't half-ass it and get someone like Henne. Trade up and get someone you think has a legit chance to be a legit starter. If Tannehill is that guy for you, then so be it. Figure out a way to get him. (Personally I think he's going to be a bust)

Or sign a FA like Flynn (who I also don't think is going to be great)

You can't just get a replacement just to get one... It has to be someone who you seriously commit to. Henne isn't good enough to be a top 7 QB in this league and that is ultimately what you want.[/QUOTE]

I am fully intrigued to see what henne could do with more weapons than he had in miami and if he can be a leader.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4390177]No thanks...

If you have 2 QB's you have no QB's.

Henne sucks and I don't need the village idiot fans we have in that stadium chanting for Henne after the first Sanchez screw up. Henne isn't the answer, so let's live and die by Sanchez for another season and figure out if we have to move on.

If you think that Sanchez needs competition then he's not our guy anyway... May as well release him.[/QUOTE]

Then he should be released immediately. Why is Qb the only position where the player is thought to be so mentally fragile that they cannot stand even the thought of performing for their playing time? No other position is outright anointed a spot. Only the weak minded player has to be coddled and guaranteed to be the starter.

Not only is it retarded not to have a viable alternative if a starter has not shown he is the answer but being idiotic like the Bears were last year and watching your whole season go down the tubes because your starter went down late and you had no viable backup is unforgivable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4390315]Then he should be released immediately. Why is Qb the only position where the player is thought to be so mentally fragile that they cannot stand even the thought of performing for their playing time? No other position is outright anointed a spot. Only the weak minded player has to be coddled and guaranteed to be the starter.

Not only is it retarded not to have a viable alternative if a starter has not shown he is the answer but[B] being idiotic like the Bears were last year and watching your whole season go down the tubes because your starter went down late and you had no viable backup is unforgivable[/B].[/QUOTE]

Ahh that brings back memories of the 99 season..:(

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4390287]Open Season!!!![/QUOTE]

I know, right.

Thing is, if Peyton was healthy, how could you not want him here. I want a Superbowl, and let's face it, Manning > Sanchez.

Now, the uncertainty of things with his health made it difficult for me to make a decision. Now that it's over and MS is the QB, all I can do is support Mark.

I believe he'll come back strong this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4390286]If Peyton somehow agrees to come to the Jets, the first thing out of my mouth will be discontent with how Sanchez was treated. That's eerily similar to what happened with Pennington and Favre.

As an aside, I am a Henne hater and would be dismayed if the Jets sign him and my motto will be "I believe in Mark Sanchez".

On the other hand, I'd be okay with signing Matt Flynn or a handful of other veterans to compete with Sanchez, just not Henne.[/QUOTE]

+1....I do not get the Henne love either....

Took over a 11-5 AFC east champion team the year previous to him starting and proceeded to go 13-18 as a starter including 1-8 in his last nine starts.....

0-4 this year before getting hurt and Matt Moore leads the Dolphins to a 6-6 record....

31 TDS and 37 INT in his career and never produced more TDS than INT in any year......Had a dominant WR in Marshall and still did nothing, Davone Bess was quite a weapon in 2010 and Fasano is a decent TE, not like he had no help......

Pretty good OL with Jake Long and for the most part a good defensive team....Dolphins showed they were a competitive team except when Henne was under center.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4390334]I know, right.

Thing is, if Peyton was healthy, how could you not want him here. I want a Superbowl, and let's face it, Manning > Sanchez.

Now, the uncertainty of things with his health made it difficult for me to make a decision. Now that it's over and MS is the QB, all I can do is support Mark.

I believe he'll come back strong this season.[/QUOTE]

I hope. He has to get off to a good start.

Who knows? Maybe they will do better without the target on their back. A few less prime time games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok let me get this straight.

You think Sanchez sucks, but we should replace him with............get ready for it...........a guy that's worse than Sanchez.

Wow.

I knew you guys were dumb. I didn't know you were THAT dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4390162]Then get Henne in here and have a open competition between sanchez, henne, mcelroy and may the best man win. I will sign up for that in a instant.

Discuss or flame away whichever floats your boat. :P

i should not have put manning in title cause now it will prob be merged. Mods please do not merge this is a discussion after manning.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. A real competition and the best QB is the starter. The Jets are the winners in a situation like this. Sanchez can not have the job just given to him. but if he earns it, fine! Henne would be our second QB and McElroy the third. I see guys here ripping Henne as no good. Yet that no good QB has beaten our wonder-kind more then Sanchez has beaten him in head to head competition. And Sanchez has had the much better team. Henne was playing very well prior to his injury. I'd sign him and pray that the Jets win it all with any of the Jets QBs( Sanchez, Henne, McElroy). This is a team game!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you talk to Dolphin fans, they all want Sanchez over Henne.

Grass is always greener......

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4390313]I am fully intrigued to see what henne could do with more weapons than he had in miami and if he can be a leader.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Miami's skill players are clearly superior to the Jets. Holmes, Kerley, Turner and Greene are all average to below average players

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4390363]I agree with this. A real competition and the best QB is the starter. The Jets are the winners in a situation like this. Sanchez can not have the job just given to him. but if he earns it, fine! Henne would be our second QB and McElroy the third. I see guys here ripping Henne as no good. Yet that no good QB has beaten our wonder-kind more then Sanchez has beaten him in head to head competition. And Sanchez has had the much better team. Henne was playing very well prior to his injury. I'd sign him and pray that the Jets win it all with any of the Jets QBs( Sanchez, Henne, McElroy). This is a team game![/QUOTE]

So he beat Sanchez (who you think sucks), but hasn't beaten anyone else.

JI: Morons Are Our Specialty!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4390364]When you talk to Dolphin fans, they all want Sanchez over Henne.

Grass is always greener......[/QUOTE]

In this case my dog has sh*t and peed all over both lawns.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4390370]So he beat Sanchez (who you think sucks), but hasn't beaten anyone else.

JI: Morons Are Our Specialty![/QUOTE]

2 of those games "Henne" won against the Jets he put up these hall of fame numbers......12-20 for 100 yards, the Ted Ginn 2 TD kickoff return game and the terrific 5-18 for 55 yards in 2010.....

By all means this definitely proves Henne is the master of Sanchez in head to head match-ups.....:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4390185]QB competitions never work. Having said that, I still get the feeling there is a good chance we make a move at QB and Sanchez is not here any longer. Now is the time to move away if we do.[/QUOTE]

+11111 i feel the same way!!! the way mgmt ..unnamed players..have handeled this w no vote of confidence i think mr.t is looking to make a bold move either way in my gut i think sanchez is a goner!!! could be wrong just a gut more than a calculated move

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4390395]In this case my dog has sh*t and peed all over both lawns.[/QUOTE]

LOL. It's a good fertilizer. Maybe a 4,000 yard/30 TD QB will grow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing, I sense Sanchez uber supporters are actually afraid that Henne will come here. If he stinks so bad much like our present 90 year old backup then he should be no threat, this should be GOOD for the people that love Sanchez.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4390478]Funny thing, I sense Sanchez uber supporters are actually afraid that Henne will come here. If he stinks so bad much like our present 90 year old backup then he should be no threat, this should be GOOD for the people that love Sanchez.[/QUOTE]He's no threat. Sanchez is a much better QB. Put Henne into out O least year, with the constant avalanche of defenders on pass plays, and he'lll resemble Clemens more than any other Jets QB. But I think he may be the best backup available, and if so, they should definitely bring him in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4390478]Funny thing, I sense Sanchez uber supporters are actually afraid that Henne will come here. If he stinks so bad much like our present 90 year old backup then he should be no threat, this should be GOOD for the people that love Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Your senses are failing you.....:D