181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good move

133 73.48%
  • Bad move

48 26.52%
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez signed to extension

Sanchez signed to extension

#RL Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum on conference call tonight: QB Mark Sanchez has signed contract extension with the Jets. No terms disclosed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does this mean they basically restructured his deal? Why the hell else would the Jets decide to do this NOW?

All Pro
    Wow - probably pushed some money into future years.

Good. Put the Manning rumors to rest:yes:

All League
    wow

What a joke

I don't get it ... Extension ??? He would have played better if he had to prove himself. Must be some sort of cap move.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4390565]Does this mean they basically restructured his deal? Why the hell else would the Jets decide to do this NOW?[/QUOTE]

This can help immensely cap wise this year, if done right (and Tanny's forte). I don't remember which poster said it, but kudos to whomever said they were hoping that through this whole Manning chaos that the Jets would sneak in and get an extension done.

YES. Let's show some confidence in the 25 year old who has proven is a winner.

Will this free up cap space......to sign someone? Maybe give Wayne Hunter some more money?

Anyone that wants Mario Williams should be ecstatic at this move...

[QUOTE=Chupa;4390575]YES. Let's show some confidence in the 25 year old who has proven is a winner.[/QUOTE]

... And has also proven to be average at best so far.

[QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4390577]Anyone that wants Mario Williams should be ecstatic at this move...[/QUOTE]

I am praying this is the case.

[QUOTE=Mike D;4390576]Will this free up cap space......to sign someone? Maybe give Wayne Hunter some more money?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because Wayne Hunter DESERVES much more than he is about to earn

How many years, though?

I think it's a given that it's more than 3 years(tack one more year to the remaining 2 he has)....

But the bottom line is this :

[b]MARK SANCHEZ IS OUR QB OF THE PRESENT AND FUTURE.[/b] :yes:

And [b]Untouchable[/b] and [b]Magnus[/b] are going to be seen jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge. :D :D :D

I'm curious as to the details; I would think this will help with the cap situation. A lot of people will grumble over this, but I still believe Sanchez can turn things around and flourish at this level.

[QUOTE=Vin;4390582]How many years, though?

I think it's a given that it's more than 3 years(tack one more year to the remaining 2 he has)....

And [b]Untouchable[/b] and [b]Magnus[/b] are going to be seen jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge. :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Of present of future ??? What does this mean ? ... Ah you corrected it ... :)

Did the nfl disclose where the jets were as far as the cap was concerned today? Official numbers were supposed to be posted

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Vin;4390582]How many years, though?

And [b]Untouchable[/b] and [b]Magnus[/b] are going to be seen jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge. :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Jenny Vrentas ‏ @JennyVrentas

Retweet
    Favorite
    Open

5-year extension for Sanchez. #nyj

[QUOTE=STL Jet fan;4390581]Yes, because Wayne Hunter DESERVES much more than he is about to earn[/QUOTE]

That wasn't sarcasm or anything.

[QUOTE=boxman;4390584]I'm curious as to the details; I would think this will help with the cap situation. A lot of people will grumble over this, but I still believe Sanchez can turn things around and flourish at this level.[/QUOTE]

Well it sucks to be them then 'cause no matter how loudly they "grumble" about it, Mark is going to be our QB for the foreseeable present and future. And I couldn't be happier.....unless of course they Re-sign Braylon(then I'd be ecstatic! A good first step toward that, though. lol )