Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Sanchez signs extension

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good move

133 73.48%
  • Bad move

48 26.52%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Sanchez signed to extension

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This poll rendered much different results:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/popupPoll?pollId=poll_7_1458705&questionId=0&vote=vote&forward=/sports/football/jets/sanchise-7.1458705?ot=nydn.PopupPageLayout.ot&answerId=1&basicPoll=basicPoll&cookieSet=true[/url]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4392044]This poll rendered much different results:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/popupPoll?pollId=poll_7_1458705&questionId=0&vote=vote&forward=/sports/football/jets/sanchise-7.1458705?ot=nydn.PopupPageLayout.ot&answerId=1&basicPoll=basicPoll&cookieSet=true[/url][/QUOTE]

... the local beat reporter could have an agenda ??? :eek:;) ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4392040]they take on the contract but any bonus $$ paid escalates onto the trading teams cap (Jets) as opposed to being amortized over the life of the contract[/QUOTE]

well depending on how high the draft picks i could get for him i might have still done it but i know i would never have extended him .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4392047]well depending on how high the draft picks i could get for him i might have still done it but i know i would never have extended him .[/QUOTE]

But it seems you didn't understand the extension

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4392009]I would have liked for us to trade sanchez for some picks give us alot more money to work with sign henne to a 4-5 mil 2 or 3 year deal go hard after mario like all in full court press. Give him a offer he can not refuse and use one of our 2 or 3 rounders on weeden or someone similar. Open competion for the 3 qb's and we still prob have a good amount of money to add a impact olinemen or wr.

That would have been my plan.[/QUOTE]

What picks? Sanchez's value around the league is so high (I know the story was out there that the Jets could have traded him for a #1, but that's unlikely at best)

Why couldn't the Jets do all this now? the only difference is we have to pay for Sanchez next season (a lot, I think $13M-$14M). But, either way, the Jets can re-work contracts for the new cap in 2014.
    Personally, I think Sanchez is salvageable, but your comments were you're either against the trade or you have blinders on seems.... dismissive and without analysis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4392064]What picks? Sanchez's value around the league is so high (I know the story was out there that the Jets could have traded him for a #1, but that's unlikely at best)

Why couldn't the Jets do all this now? the only difference is we have to pay for Sanchez next season (a lot, I think $13M-$14M). But, either way, the Jets can re-work contracts for the new cap in 2014.
    Personally, I think Sanchez is salvageable, but your comments were you're either against the trade or you have blinders on seems.... dismissive and without analysis.[/QUOTE]

I think we could have got a low 1st high 2nd at the least. It is not the contract itself i am mad about it is the perception and the message that I do not like. I do not like giving a extension to a QB who A. has not earned it this is not revis we are talking about and B sending the message that even though you can not lead and your wr's quit on you here now you have no competition. To top it off the wr's and other people that quit on him are still on the damn team.

This is what psychologist call a dysfunctional family. I do not recall many SB's where the dysfunctional family beat a cohesive one.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 03-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4392064]What picks? Sanchez's value around the league is so high (I know the story was out there that the Jets could have traded him for a #1, but that's unlikely at best)

Personally, I think Sanchez is salvageable, but your comments were you're either against the trade or you have blinders on seems.... dismissive and without analysis.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't understand the terms of the extension

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4392009]I would have liked for us to trade sanchez for some picks give us alot more money to work with sign henne to a 4-5 mil 2 or 3 year deal go hard after mario like all in full court press. Give him a offer he can not refuse and use one of our 2 or 3 rounders on weeden or someone similar. Open competion for the 3 qb's and we still prob have a good amount of money to add a impact olinemen or wr.

That would have been my plan.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying Sanchez is incapable of getting us to the SB, and now your solution is to build around Chad Henne? You think he gives us a better chance?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4390895]What if it doesn't work out. Just what has Sanchez done actually play wise to show that he is a conistent quality Qb in this league? He played pretty well in a few of the playoff wins [B]but I would argue this past year could overall have been his worst year here for his play as a whole.[/B][/QUOTE]

And you would be wrong.

His numbers have improved, his play is better today than in the past. Our expectations for his play and the improvement we expect are higher, maybe too high. He's a 3rd year QB. His numbers are in line with others at his point of their careers.

Unless you want to argue wins and losses. But we've heard that he doesn't deserve credit for wins before the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4392044]This poll rendered much different results:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/popupPoll?pollId=poll_7_1458705&questionId=0&vote=vote&forward=/sports/football/jets/sanchise-7.1458705?ot=nydn.PopupPageLayout.ot&answerId=1&basicPoll=basicPoll&cookieSet=true[/url][/QUOTE]

Given how many non jet fans voted in the news poll not surprising. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4390669]I can't imagine this will go over well with the veterans in the Jets locker room, extending a guy and rewarding him for mediocrity[/QUOTE]

I think this is a FU to them(especially to those who whined and complained like little b*tches about Sanchez AND for those who clamored for Peyton Manning).

I say "Good for you, Tanny". You don't work for those Vets, they work for you(or rather for the NYJets). :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4392093]You keep saying Sanchez is incapable of getting us to the SB, and now your solution is to build around Chad Henne? You think he gives us a better chance?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people think Sanchez is incapable of getting us to the SB. If everybody remembers, the defense cost us both championship games, not Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4390785]Tonight I am a sad Jet Fan, just realised we will not win another SB before I expire/deceased from existance/dead/gone/lights out.[/QUOTE]

We all feel your pain. Really we do. :rolleyes:

Come on, TJ. Show a little bit of optimism.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4392113]I don't understand why people think Sanchez is incapable of getting us to the SB. If everybody remembers, the defense cost us both championship games, not Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

No matter who's to fault he got us as close as you can get to a SB as a rookie and 2nd year QB. How hard is it to imagine that he could make it a half longer and get to the SB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4392123]No matter who's to fault he got us as close as you can get to a SB as a rookie and 2nd year QB. How hard is it to imagine that he could make it a half longer and get to the SB?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just don't understand the hate. The offensive line couldn't block this year, our WRs couldn't get any separation from the CBs and Santonio Holmes was complaining about everybody (first the o-line and BRandon Moore stepped in and then Sanchez) instead of looking in the mirror. How is all of this Sanchez's fault?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4391219]Are you really that dumb?

Your mediocre QB [B][U]LOST[/U][/B] 2 AFCCG's and the Jets haven't finished with more wins than the Pats in 12 years.

Continue to enjoy your 8-8 mediocrity for the next 4 years.[/QUOTE]

A Pats fan calling a Jets fan dumb. What are the chances? :rolleyes:

Go back to TGG and bug them there, buddy. :zzz:

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4391174]The only way this move makes a shred of sense is if we're looking to be big players for Mario Williams.

This basically means that the Jets are stuck with Sanchez as their starter for at least the next 2-3 years, for better or worse.[/QUOTE]

You must be upset. :D

Has to gall you that the very QB you wanted out of town....yesterday, will be around for AT LEAST this year *and* Next year. heh.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4391040]They also could have done this to lower his salary in 2012. This way making him tradeable. Like sending him to the seahawks for a 3rd and signing matt flynn.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh....

You just keep thinking that.....

We'll all be waiting for you in the real world when you return.

Mark Sanchez for a 3rd....AND Matt Flynn? Riiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jets_Penguin;4391042]

Mark still has the same 2 years left to prove himself as the original contract but now this year there is some cap flexibility.[/quote]

Actually, this upcoming year would've been the last year he would've been Jets QB 'cause he would've been a lame-duck had he not not played well this upcoming year going into next season. He would've had to be traded at that point.

So in essence, this deal gives him an EXTRA year to this coming year without being in Lame-Duck territory to be the Jets QB.