181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good move

133 73.48%
  • Bad move

48 26.52%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez signed to extension

All League
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4390615]It is a 3-year extension beyond the 2 years he already had. Source says the 3 Year Extension is for $40.5M, $13.5M per year. #nyj

Ugh...not sure I'm a big fan of that number...:eek:[/QUOTE]

How do we keep ending up paying more per year for Sanchez than Detroit is paying for Stafford?

Why wouldn't they name the other extended player during the call?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That was one expensive "call" to Peyton Manning's agent.

[QUOTE=boxman;4390621]Why wouldn't they name the other extended player during the call?[/QUOTE]

Can't handle all the bad news at once. The other player is Wayne Hunter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Stoked, frees up cap space and keeps Sanchez here for his prime years :yes:

[QUOTE=ozu;4390620]How do we keep ending up paying more per year for Sanchez than Detroit is paying for Stafford?[/QUOTE]

And how would this be "using the Peyton Manning situation as leverage" as cimini put it?! lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4390593]All in[/QUOTE]

Exactly right. If Tannenbaum's and Rex's wagons weren't hitched to Sanchez before, they definitely are now. They showed some big balls, I like it

[quote]Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Retweet
    Favorite
    Open

Sanchez will get $27M guaranteed over next two years. Means he ain't going anywhere for a while. #Jets[/quote]

So the rest of the 3 years will be $13 million? I'm so confused. If Cimini is correct, there goes the cap space theory.

All League
    Sanchez will get $27M guaranteed over next two years. Means he ain't going anywhere for a while. #Jets, per Cimini.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... want to see all the details ...

... want to see the $$$ saved on this years cap go towards RT, OLB, S & Pouha ...

... believe this is a smart decision in general by the FO ...

l_j_r

I pray this means we'll make some big FA moves. Mario Williams!

Rex better be at his front door next week.

You guys don't get if. If you BELIEVE in a player, you lock him up early so that in a few years he's a total bargain. If Sanchez becomes what we all hope he will become, he will be a complete steal.

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4390628]Exactly right. If Tannenbaum's and Rex's wagons weren't hitched to Sanchez before, they definitely are now. They showed some big balls, I like it[/QUOTE]

Me too. The Jets badly need continuity and a vision. This assures us of this for the time being. If Santonio doesn't right himself after next season he will be gone. It will be very interesting to see what we do in FA and the draft to see how we can strengthen other positions for the next 5 years.

What would our cap look like if Sanchez is cut after the 2012 season. I hope Tanny hasn't signed his own death warrant by extending Sanchez tonight!

[quote]Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Retweet
    Favorite
    Open

It's a three-year extension for $58.25 million. [/quote]

That's like totally not giving us cap space this year lol.

All League
    Total value is 5/$58.25 million. Not sure how this saves money.

All League
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4390637]What would our cap look like if Sanchez is cut after the 2012 season. I hope Tanny hasn't signed his own death warrant by extending Sanchez tonight![/QUOTE]

He can't be cut. He has almost $28m guaranteed through 2013.

Are you ****ing kidding me? We should be cutting this scrub right now.

What the **** has he done to deserve this contract?

[QUOTE=ozu;4390631]Sanchez will get $27M guaranteed over next two years. Means he ain't going anywhere for a while. #Jets, per Cimini.[/QUOTE]

27 million in guaranteed money doesn't mean that he's counting 27 million against the cap over the next 2 years. Signing bonus would be prorated over the life of the contract, remember.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;4390644]27 million in guaranteed money doesn't mean that he's counting 27 million against the cap over the next 2 years. Signing bonus would be prorated over the life of the contract, remember.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Whether the guaranteed money would actually hurt us on the cap as some people believe