Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vladimir Ducasse and Wayne Hunter ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Medianoche;4391236]Guys, I think it is incumbent upon Mike Tannenbaum and co to move these guys and get some tangible value for them. I know that the fan base is really down on these guys, but we can't afford to not get something of value to upgrade. Tony Sporano is an OC by trade and perhaps will be able to coach them up, especially in Ducasse's case. I'd be ok with jettisoning Hunter for a 4th or so, but Ducasse has to much unearthed talent that we need to give time to season. We do need to go OL early in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Callahan is known to be an upper tier ol coach, sometimes talent level supersedes coaching ability

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    totally agree. hunter actually played pretty well against some of the better ends in the league. he could have been helped out much more with a te or fb. schitty essentially left him out on an island the whole season. as for ducasse, we just haven't seen enough. both slauson and moore are pretty good at guard to just where will he break in?

[QUOTE=C Mart;4391313]Why don't we see what the new OL Coach, Sparano and a complete offseason accomplishes before deeming Duchasse and Hunter as totally worthless.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Medianoche;4391236]Guys, I think it is incumbent upon Mike Tannenbaum and co to move these guys and get some tangible value for them. I know that the fan base is really down on these guys, but we can't afford to not get something of value to upgrade. Tony Sporano is an OC by trade and perhaps will be able to coach them up, especially in Ducasse's case. I'd be ok with jettisoning Hunter for a 4th or so, but Ducasse has to much unearthed talent that we need to give time to season. We do need to go OL early in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Nobody in their right mind would give up more than a can of Diet Coke for Vlad. He has ZERO value on the trade market.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a great Oline coach here in Callahan. Sparano is no better at coaching the line then he was and good coaching simply can't make a player into something he isn't.

I don't know what Vlad's issue is, but he has really struggled even in preseason games so I don't see where the upside is after 2 full seasons. I think we need to keep him at RT only, give him as many second team reps as possible and if he doesn't get it, cut him. You can't hit on every draft pick.

There are a TON of RT prospects in the mid rounds this year, we should be able to find depth and someone to push Hunter this year. I also wouldn't mind taking a shot at marcus mcneil. He's been hurt, but if healthy, he could be nice on the Right Side.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Sanchez now locked up, our focus should be on the O-line. Hunter and Ducasse were awful this year, the latter being the definition of a bust. Slauson is improving slowly, but Moore is on the decline and he has a big mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4391372] I think is he doesn't show improvement in camp they should just cut bait. [B]If Sparano is anywhere near as good as people claim him to be, he should be able to get some level of improvement out of him.
    [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think Sparano is as good as Bill Callahan is when it comes to coaching up O-Lineman & Callahan couldn't get improvement out of him.

If Vlad doesn't improve dramatically this off-season, I don't think it's gonna happen. He had a very short off-season last year which is the only reason i would even give him this off-season to show improvement.

RT is probably the easiest O-Line position to learn & Vlad just doesn't seem to be getting it. I don't even think Vlad could be adequate as a blocking TE at this point....