Thread: Sanchize already taking with the swag that is needed from a leader

Sanchize already taking with the swag that is needed from a leader

I get the sense that Mark is going to go into full "this is my ****ing team mode this year". He's a vet, the team has shown he is their guy, he is about to lead this team.

" I'm going to be the starting quarterback for the next few years here. That's exciting. [B]It gives the team just a reminder that I'm the leader of this team.[/B]"

"If you're an unnamed source, you don't speak for yourself and therefore, you don't really speak for the team."

"They know how hard I'm going to work to come back next year and be the player that we all know I am, and we can be the team that we all know we are."

Link? I like the swag, but it's just talk.

Hopefully he carries that swag on the field and sidelines instead of sulking on the sidelines after a 3 and out.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4391315]I get the sense that Mark is going to go into full "this is my ****ing team mode this year". He's a vet, the team has shown he is their guy, he is about to lead this team.

" I'm going to be the starting quarterback for the next few years here. That's exciting. [B]It gives the team just a reminder that I'm the leader of this team.[/B]"

"If you're an unnamed source, you don't speak for yourself and therefore, you don't really speak for the team."

"They know how hard I'm going to work to come back next year and be the player that we all know I am, and we can be the team that we all know we are."[/QUOTE]

its all talk if you ask me. lets see if he performs on the field

yes!
    link?

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/haters.png[/IMG]

No one will believe in him as a leader until there are less three and outs, less pick 6's, less fumbles, a completion percentage approaching 60%, and better body language when things aren't going well.

Veteran
    It takes swag to be a leader? Oh Ok... I thought i just took determination, good personality, and great foresight to be a leader... Don't mind me... I'm just ranting because I hate the word swag... It was cool when it was hidden within the music i listen to... But now that mainstream America has made it the most overused word of the decade, it turns my stomach even talking bout it right now:barf:

But naw... Sanchez's contract extension should be great for him mentally especially because I see Mark as a person who is highly self and peer-motivated... Dude wants to be a winner!

Once he starts walking the walk as in actually playing like a guy worthy of leading. And once he walks the walk by actually being a leader and settling issues like the 'Tone' debacle his words will have meaning. right now they mean jack squat. If he thinks that he gets valid leader status just by getting a fat extension he is sorely mistaken.

He has yet to actually earn much of anything in his career, his whole three years rest on some road playoff wins.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-10-2012 at 11:24 AM.

F his "swag"

He's a little crying boy in the corner of the room when the Ravens come to town ;)

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4391422]F his "swag"

He's a little crying boy in the corner of the room when the Ravens come to town ;)[/QUOTE]

Can you not hijack the thread please. If you want to talk shlt about the organization go do it in another thread.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4391322]Link? I like the swag, but it's just talk.

Hopefully he carries that swag on the field and sidelines instead of sulking on the sidelines after a 3 and out.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4391374]No one will believe in him as a leader until there are less three and outs, less pick 6's, less fumbles, a completion percentage approaching 60%, and better body language when things aren't going well.[/QUOTE]

Well said. He has to fire his team up after a turnover or 3 and outs instead of sulking like a child on the bench!

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4391430]Can you not hijack the thread please. If you want to talk shlt about the organization go do it in another thread.[/QUOTE]

MARK SANCHEZ WILL IMPROVE GAME BY GAME AND MONTH BY MONTH AND WILL MOST DEFINITELY BECOME AN ELITE QB. HE PROBABLY WILL END HIS CAREER AT LEAST BEING CONSIDERED FOR THE HALL OF FAME. HE IS SO POTENT AT THE POSITION THAT HIS AVERAGE OF HAVING 4 PASSES INTERCEPTED AND/OR BATTED PER GAME HAVE VIRTUALLY ZERO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME OF HIS GAMES! WITH MARK SANCHEZ WE HAVE THE WEAPON WE NEED TO BRING BRADY TO IRRELEVANCY. HIS ABILITY TO CHECK DOWN WITH THE BEST OF THEM, SWIFT LEGS, EXCELLENT HEIGHT, AND PRECISION DEEP VERTICAL GAME WILL MAKE THE JETS OFFENSE LEGENDARY.

THERE IS NO QUESTION WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS MARK SANCHEZ WILL HAVE 3X MORE SB RINGS THAN JOE WILLIE NAMATH. PS - NAMATH NEVER HELD HIS HANDS CORRECTLY WHEN TAKING SNAPS. GOOD THING MARK KNOWS WHEN NOT TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT THE GAME.

Hall Of Fame
    The Raven comment is legitimate.

Thank god they aren't on the 2012 schedule. Jets never show up against the Ravens and it has gotten worse since Rex arrived. I think the players believe all the stories Rex tells them about the big, bad Ravens defense.

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4391422]F his "swag"

He's a little crying boy in the corner of the room when the Ravens come to town ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Until he proves it on the field, who cares?

I've never doubted that he has the right mindset to lead and it's good to hear him talking with confidence about his responsibility. Hopefully it will translate into results on the field. The way some people talk you'd think we were dealing with a Jamarcus Russell who has not the slightest desire to give any effort.

Veteran
    I wish Mark would take control, get pissed, and find a way to slam the OL in gear.

Work with Sparano or push the FO to overhaul the line around Mangold.

Enough is enough.

Expect the same results until it's fixed.