Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why couldn't mr. T let sanchez playing his contract

Why couldn't mr. T let sanchez playing his contract

One of the dumbest moves I've seen fanny make by extending sanchezs contract. The guy had one year in a make or break year. If he has a good year then reward him with a contract. But if he stays at the sAme level we are now stuck with him when we could have just let him him walk. For years to come this can hurt the franchise and will have a decade of 7-9 8-8 seasons of mediocracy. This is as stupid As selecting Kyle Brady over sapp or draft a fb in the first round. For the past 5 years this front officce has made more good moves than bad. But now it just looks like the same old jets

All Pro
    Because he made a smart decision.....

Because he just saved $6M+ for the 2012 cap.
    Because he's only paying an extra $2.75M over the next 2 years.
    Because the 3 year extension is basically the Jets option.

[QUOTE=SINYJets;4391697]Because he just saved $6M+ for the 2012 cap.
    Because he's only paying an extra $2.75M over the next 2 years.
    Because the 3 year extension is basically the Jets option.[/QUOTE]

Only their option if they want to dump the remaining guaranteed cash.

You will forget about the contract extension after the Jets sign Mario Williams.

Wow, I used to think the Jets fanbase was smart.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4391699]Only their option if they want to dump the remaining guaranteed cash.[/QUOTE]

Again.

Simple:

1. Jets Sacrificed $2.75M over the next 3 seasons
    2. The Jets have $13M in Cap Space (supposedly) in 2012 instead of $7M
    3. The Jets have A LOT of cap space in 2013, now they wil have about $10M less if they keep Sanchez

Furthermore, in 2014 the cap space is going to open up A LOT (Like $30M-$40M/Team) the, and I imagine there will be some restructuring to get to that point. THe $3M that they spent is worth far more in 2012 then it will be in 2014.

Do you people really not understand the basis of this contract extension???

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391730]Wow, I used to think the Jets fanbase was smart.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Can't even spell. So c'mon....

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR

[QUOTE=dameangreenkillingmachine;4391685]One of the dumbest moves I've seen fanny make by extending sanchezs contract. The guy had one year in a make or break year. If he has a good year then reward him with a contract. But if he stays at the sAme level we are now stuck with him when we could have just let him him walk. For years to come this can hurt the franchise and will have a decade of 7-9 8-8 seasons of mediocracy. This is as stupid As selecting Kyle Brady over sapp or draft a fb in the first round. For the past 5 years this front officce has made more good moves than bad. But now it just looks like the same old jets[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Typical non-educated response by so many SOJ fans..And you owe Tanny an apology since you are the one that doesn't understand the deal

Team is set up to re-sign Revis (again), and add contributors. Sanchez is expendable in 2 years with minor implications.

In reality, it looks stupid on the surface, but give the team a lot of options with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tanny needed cap room because of how badly he mismanaged contracts the last few years. This is what happens when you have a clown trying to play gm.

Hall Of Fame
    Whatever happened to proper spelling, grammar and punctuation?

I weep for the children.

_

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4391730]Wow, I used to think the Jets fanbase was smart.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Dude... When? lol

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4391895]Tanny needed cap room because of how badly he mismanaged contracts the last few years. This is what happens when you have a clown trying to play gm.[/QUOTE]

Too funny. So everyone demanded that we resign Revis then resign Harris, Mangold, D'Brick and Holmes.

He does and now he's badly mismanaged it?

LOL.

Who's that in your avatar?

Oh, the ironing.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank God Mike Tannenbaum is running the FO for the Jets and not dameangreengrillingmachine or dunnie.

or even worse, we could have the genius from Washington that just traded this years first and second round and two future first round picks (I think) for a quarterback who may be below the skill level of Tim Tebow

Jets Insider VIP
    Im beginning to think that the Joe W. Namath who posts here is possibly the same Joe W Namath whose weekly appearance with Kay and LaDrecka has pretty much the same level of accuracy and intelligence

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4391943]Im beginning to think that the Joe W. Namath who posts here is possibly the same Joe W Namath whose weekly appearance with Kay and LaDrecka has pretty much the same level of accuracy and intelligence[/QUOTE]

He is a miserable fan, huh?

_

ok dudes take it easy i was on my phone typing it and only read one article that bashed the jets for the contract and didn't include the details of the contract other than say sanchez was paid top qb money.