Thread: The Sanchise Going Forward

All Pro

The Sanchise Going Forward

Now that the Peyton Manning spectacle is over for us and we know Sanchez will be our guy 100%, I would love to see him go back to So.Cal and work on nothing but MECHANICS until Jets West and OTA'S. Give Bob Johnson A Call, and have him fix those schitty mechanics developed from have a millisecond to throw the ball, and Schotty/Cavanaugh's faults.

Mike McCarthy runs a QB camp every spring with Rodgers, and Flynn and they work on nothing but mechanics and footwork, all of the nuances of the QB position. Both QB's have credited this camp to their success, and I think this will work wonders for him in a simpler offense.

Thoughts?

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4391796]Now that the Peyton Manning spectacle is over for us and we know Sanchez will be our guy 100%, I would love to see him go back to So.Cal and work on nothing but MECHANICS until Jets West and OTA'S. Give Bob Johnson A Call, and have him fix those schitty mechanics developed from have a millisecond to throw the ball, and Schotty/Cavanaugh's faults.

Mike McCarthy runs a QB camp every spring with Rodgers, and Flynn and they work on nothing but mechanics and footwork, all of the nuances of the QB position. Both QB's have credited this camp to their success, and I think this will work wonders for him in a simpler offense.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see a real commitment from him .. move to the east coast ala Eli and keep working here. We don't play in soCal ... why practice there ? Might be crazy to most, but to me he feels like a rental without doing so.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4391800]I'd love to see a real commitment from him .. move to the east coast ala Eli and keep working here. We don't play in soCal ... why practice there ? Might be crazy to most, but to me he feels like a rental without doing so.[/QUOTE]

This is a really good point....

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4391800]I'd love to see a real commitment from him .. move to the east coast ala Eli and keep working here. We don't play in soCal ... why practice there ? Might be crazy to most, but to me he feels like a rental without doing so.[/QUOTE]

Duh... he owns a home in NJ. He HAS moved here.

All League
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4391796]Now that the Peyton Manning spectacle is over for us and we know Sanchez will be our guy 100%, I would love to see him go back to So.Cal and work on nothing but MECHANICS until Jets West and OTA'S. Give Bob Johnson A Call, and have him fix those schitty mechanics developed from have a millisecond to throw the ball, and Schotty/Cavanaugh's faults.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I always find it interesting how a QB's 'mechanics' seem to falter when he's getting his ass kicked.

Fix the OL and Sanchez's mechanics will improve dramatically.

I was amazed Sanchez didn't miss any time last year due to injury...he took some MAJOR shots.

Follow the Green Bay way. Every start of the season you go back to the basics. Start from scratch.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81;4391976][B]I always find it interesting how a QB's 'mechanics' seem to falter when he's getting his ass kicked.[/B]

Fix the OL and Sanchez's mechanics will improve dramatically.

I was amazed Sanchez didn't miss any time last year due to injury...he took some MAJOR shots.[/QUOTE]

+1

Mechanics go out the door when you're running for your life.

In the '09 draft every scouting report on Sanchez listed his mechanics as a major positive. Protect the guy, and the issues with his mechanics will disappear.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4391979]Follow the Green Bay way. Every start of the season you go back to the basics. Start from scratch.[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Physical mechanics can be easily corrected, it's the mental mechanics that he really needs to work on.

[QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4391979]Follow the Green Bay way. Every start of the season you go back to the basics. Start from scratch.[/QUOTE]

Sporano said that's what he was going to do with Sanchez in an interview he had right after he was hired.