Thread: The real deal on Sanchez contract- PFT link not as bad as u think

The real deal on Sanchez contract- PFT link not as bad as u think

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/[/url]

Basically Sanchez gets extra 2.75 mil, opens up 6 mill in cap space, jets can cut him any time after 2013

frees up cap space, gets jets off hook in 2 yrs, an incentive-laden deal after 2 yrs. makes sense. truth, if sanchez sux this year, he may be gone anyway.

People won't even read this and realize that it's more of an out for NY if he scrubs again. All they see/read/hear is:

Blah, blah, blah, Sanchez, blah, blah, blah, extension, blah, blah, blah, 5 years.

Helps free up cap space and not geting hammered if he's released. The sanchez project will be over soon enoght. Oh yeah so will the rex project. Going to be an interesting season.

[QUOTE=srobjets;4391914]Helps free up cap space and not geting hammered if he's released. The sanchez project will be over soon enoght. Oh yeah so will the rex project. Going to be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

Dude, stop thinking Rex is getting fired. It's not happening. It's wishful thinking by you.

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4391903]People won't even read this and realize that it's more of an out for NY if he scrubs again. All they see/read/hear is:

Blah, blah, blah, Sanchez, blah, blah, blah, extension, blah, blah, blah, 5 years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I first heard the news of the Jets and Sanchez coming to an extension it reminded me (to a lesser extent ofcourse) of when the Jets and Gholston restructured.

Ofcourse Sanchez contributes and has way more potential than Gholston ever did by the time Rex came here, but it seems the Jets are going to give him ATLEAST this season and probably the next to prove he is our QB for the next decade.......if he is than great he is under contract........if not then they have set up his contract where they can cut his loose after 2013.

Personally, I think he will be our QB and lead us to alot of wins and hopefully a SB before its all said and done and am glad they are going to (and have been) giving him every chance possible to prove just that.

[B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]RIDE OR DIE WITH THE SANCHIZE! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="7"][SIZE="6"]LETS GO JETS!!![/SIZE][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4391914]Helps free up cap space and not geting hammered if he's released. The sanchez project will be over soon enoght. Oh yeah so will the rex project. Going to be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

This absolutely sickens me. Rex Ryan has brought the jets the best 3 year period in my entire lifetime and you're saying the right move would be to fire him. Show some ****ing loyalty to the coach who has brought the jets from a consistently below-average team to a team that is consistently in the discussion as one of the top teams in the league. Seriously, open your eyes and realize what he's done for this team.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;4391918]Yeah when I first heard the news of the Jets and Sanchez coming to an extension it reminded me (to a lesser extent ofcourse) of when the Jets and Gholston restructured.

Ofcourse Sanchez contributes and has way more potential than Gholston ever did by the time Rex came here, but it seems the Jets are going to give him ATLEAST this season and probably the next to prove he is our QB for the next decade.......if he is than great he is under contract........if not then they have set up his contract where they can cut his loose after 2013.

Personally, I think he will be our QB and lead us to alot of wins and hopefully a SB before its all said and done and am glad they are going to (and have been) giving him every chance possible to prove just that.

[B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]RIDE OR DIE WITH THE SANCHIZE! [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="7"][SIZE="6"]LETS GO JETS!!![/SIZE][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE]

+1 :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Ride or die with Sanchez. I'm all in.

[QUOTE=bravesQB718;4391934]This absolutely sickens me. Rex Ryan has brought the jets the best 3 year period in my entire lifetime and you're saying the right move would be to fire him. Show some ****ing loyalty to the coach who has brought the jets from a consistently below-average team to a team that is consistently in the discussion as one of the top teams in the league. Seriously, open your eyes and realize what he's done for this team.[/QUOTE]

You're wasting your time. Certain people only go by the last game/quarter/play.

When the Jets return to playoff form, these posters will be gone.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bravesQB718;4391934]This absolutely sickens me. Rex Ryan has brought the jets the best 3 year period in my entire lifetime and you're saying the right move would be to fire him. Show some ****ing loyalty to the coach who has brought the jets from a consistently below-average team to a team that is consistently in the discussion as one of the top teams in the league. Seriously, open your eyes and realize what he's done for this team.[/QUOTE]

Don't give it a second thought.

srobjets is an avowed Jet hater, one of those miserable Jet "fans' that roots for them to lose so he can come here and revel in spreading his misery.

Rex is the man--going to be here for a decade.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4391941]Don't give it a second thought.

srobjets is an avowed Jet hater, one of those miserable Jet "fans' that roots for them to lose so he can come here and revel in spreading his misery.

Rex is the man--going to be here for a decade.

_[/QUOTE]

don't agree, stokes

I believe srob"jets" is really a chowd troll wolf wearing jet green fake sheepskin clothing

Here's a link to the actual article

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/breaking-down-sanchezs-lipstick-and-powder-contract/[/url]

OK, so they pushed back the year they can cut him from following this season to following next season.

That's not that bad really......

Good job on the contract. Frees up cap space and guarantees only a 6MM more than what he would have made this year anyway. But opens up the opportunity to trade him next year (if needed). With his current contract, he would have had no value after this year. Hopefully it works out and the kid becomes what we all wanted him to be. If it that doesn't happen, we have a way out here - i.e., won't really jeopardize our future. Signing Manning for $20MM+ per year would have jeopardized our future. Overall, good outcome.

[QUOTE=PMarsico9;4391960]OK, so they pushed back the year they can cut him from following this season to following next season.

That's not that bad really......[/QUOTE]

Its way better then "not bad" its a great move by the organization.

We extended him only 1 year, guaranteed a whopping extra $3 million, saved $6+ million in cap space for this season and showed some loyalty to a player whose been left out to dry multiple times this offseason.

Yes he had a bad year, but so did the entire team, hes not alone.

Hopefully with a full draft and some money to spend now, we can fill our holes and put out an excellent team that has something to prove in 2012.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4391850]frees up cap space, gets jets off hook in 2 yrs, an incentive-laden deal after 2 yrs. makes sense. truth, if sanchez sux this year, he may be gone anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you

When are people gonna realize that NFL contracts are never what they say they are.

2 yr deal creates cap room.I;m fine with it.Mark has 2 years to prove himself.