Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 New York Red Bulls

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 New York Red Bulls

New season kicks off today at 3 pm at FC Dallas. Looking forward to the home opener in two weeks vs. Colorado. Anyone else going?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defense picked up where they left off last year. I guess Tim Ream wasn't solely responsible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Defense picked up where they left off last year. I guess Tim Ream wasn't solely responsible.
    Indeed. On a positive note, I thought the young keeper actually looked halfway decent and Cooper will be in the starting lineup in no time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team looks like **** right now. They're sorely missing Ream and Marquez.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I gave up my season tickets, but I will be heading to the home opener on Sunday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Glad I gave up my season tickets, but I will be heading to the home opener on Sunday.
    Where were your seats?

I've been contemplating for a long time getting season tickets in the supporters sections once I graduate school and am working full time.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Where were your seats?

I've been contemplating for a long time getting season tickets in the supporters sections once I graduate school and am working full time.
    My seats were in section 222. Tickets are not that expensive, mine were about $800 for the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    My seats were in section 222. Tickets are not that expensive, mine were about $800 for the season.
    Not at all, I saw I could get a season ticket in section 133, 101, or 102 for $320. Very tempting to jump at even with a busy schedule and tight budget.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This thing with Rodgers annoys me. Oh well I didn't have my paperwork together so I'll just play somewhere else. WTF? This was our 2nd best player and noone can be bothered to secure him? I'm really trying to adopt this sport because I love the venue and how gameday transforms the local pubs. I just can't take Henry and Rafa with the deliberate red cards in crucial situations. Now we have Agudelo with a serious injury because he went off to play for his country? If the players and management aren't committed how can I be? Someone talk me down, I think I'm gonna jump!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have season tickets myself and extremely happy with how they are playing recently.

We dropped the first two games but it was without 2 of our top 3 highest paid players... When playing against the best teams, of course you are going to struggle a bit.

Anyway, they have the best player in the league in Henry so as long as he's there and healthy, the Red Bulls are always going to be solid.

Conde however is the difference... He's the 2nd most important player on the team and a beast on defense. The new swede just has to be better about not turning the ball over but I feel better about him improving because he's in a completely new country with a lot of change.

It does suck with what happened to Rodgers, but it does look like we could get him back by the summer. Either way, Cooper looks like he may even bring more to the table than Rodgers.

Hopefully we win this week against Columbus but it might be tough because Conde may not play. Rafa seems ready to go but he's not going to be at his best and now Tainio is hurt again.

The rookie Meara is something to be excited about too. Very good in the air and seems to have some great qualities.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Have season tickets myself and extremely happy with how they are playing recently.

We dropped the first two games but it was without 2 of our top 3 highest paid players... When playing against the best teams, of course you are going to struggle a bit.

Anyway, they have the best player in the league in Henry so as long as he's there and healthy, the Red Bulls are always going to be solid.

Conde however is the difference... He's the 2nd most important player on the team and a beast on defense. The new swede just has to be better about not turning the ball over but I feel better about him improving because he's in a completely new country with a lot of change.

It does suck with what happened to Rodgers, but it does look like we could get him back by the summer. Either way, Cooper looks like he may even bring more to the table than Rodgers.

Hopefully we win this week against Columbus but it might be tough because Conde may not play. Rafa seems ready to go but he's not going to be at his best and now Tainio is hurt again.

The rookie Meara is something to be excited about too. Very good in the air and seems to have some great qualities.
    Agreed, they've had some shakiness at times, but I'm pleased with how they've bounced back. Henry is just flat out awesome and a pleasure to have on this team. They started the season with great depth at forward, but they has quickly evaporated with Agudelo's injury and Rodgers' visa issues. However, they doesn't seem to be much of an issue as Henry and Cooper up to are proving to be lethal.

Conde has been awesome, as you mentioned. Holgersson has made some glaring mistakes, but also as you've said, I believe he just needs a little time to adjust and will be just fine. Since they've both had issues staying on the field, Tainio and Marquez are a bit of a platoon right now.

They're at Columbus on Saturday and it would be nice to pick up their first road win. Conde is hurt, but it is still a winnable game.

Where are your seats? I attend 3-5 games/year and stand in the South Ward. I've contemplated getting season tickets and joining an SG over the past couple seasons, but it just seems a little too cliquey and political for my liking. I think my current set-up is good enough for me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    This thing with Rodgers annoys me. Oh well I didn't have my paperwork together so I'll just play somewhere else. WTF? This was our 2nd best player and noone can be bothered to secure him? I'm really trying to adopt this sport because I love the venue and how gameday transforms the local pubs. I just can't take Henry and Rafa with the deliberate red cards in crucial situations. Now we have Agudelo with a serious injury because he went off to play for his country? If the players and management aren't committed how can I be? Someone talk me down, I think I'm gonna jump!
    Rodgers' issues are very curious. Granted I didn't follow it too closely, but it makes you scratch your head. On the bright side, Cooper seems more than a good enough option, perhaps even better than Rodgers. They're still lethal up top. I agree that Rafa is a total douche, but Henry is probably the best player in the league and is awesome to watch. He alone is reason enough to watch the team.

You also can't blame the team for Agudelo's injury. He has every right to play for the national team and it's important for the sport in this country in general for these guys to play for them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make that 7 goals for Henry and 6 for Cooper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Make that 7 goals for Henry and 6 for Cooper.
    Thats what he should be doing. The quality of back lines in MLS is so poor. Henry at 40 percent of what he was in his prime should be absolutely tearing teams apart and it seems like he is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Thats what he should be doing. The quality of back lines in MLS is so poor. Henry at 40 percent of what he was in his prime should be absolutely tearing teams apart and it seems like he is.
    Absolutely.

First time in MLS history a player has won 3 straight player of the week awards. I also believe I read that this is also the first time in MLS history that a team has won 3 games in a row by a 3 goal margin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should be a fun game this weekend, as San Jose comes to town. Wondo could absolutely abuse Holgersson. I'd say we're looking at another high scoring game. 4-2 Red Bulls is my prediction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game last night. Crazy first half, great offensive plays tossed in with some horrific defending.

I was really disappointed with the attendance. On a Saturday Night, they should be able to do a little better, the number was claimed to be 17,000, but there was no way that was the case. If it was 10,000, I'd be surprised.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I was at the game last night. Crazy first half, great offensive plays tossed in with some horrific defending.

I was really disappointed with the attendance. On a Saturday Night, they should be able to do a little better, the number was claimed to be 17,000, but there was no way that was the case. If it was 10,000, I'd be surprised.
    I'm surprised. On TV, the attendance actually looked pretty solid. But, that's also just by seeing the lower level.

I was a little disappointed with the game. First half they definitely outplayed them for a good portion, but had some more defensive lapses and allowed San Jose to capitalize on minimal opportunities. Holgersson is just flat out awful. His ass needs to ride the pine once Conde is healthy. Conde and Keel should be starting in the middle. Rafa also continues to remind us that he's a complete douche and I can't wait until this scumbag is off this team.

Second half was pretty underwhelming. San Jose outplayed them and NYRB just looked sluggish and couldn't find a rhythm. I'll take the point, but hopefully they come back strong at DC next weekend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuck. That was ugly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa with the 3-game suspension. He dosen't seem into it.