Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 New York Red Bulls

Henry hurts his hammy today. Early diagnosis is that he'll miss 4 weeks. ****, couldn't have asked for a worse injury for this team. They're going to be ugly to watch in his absence.

Went to the Wednesday Night game that was 1-0. Wow, If there were 5,000 people there, I'd be surprised. I don't know what the Red Bulls are doing wrong, maybe it's simply not having a good team for so long, but man, they are just not bringing fans in. Admittedly, it was a weird circumstance where both the Rangers and Knicks were in the playoffs, but still, the upper deck was empty, and there was a deal on living social that was $30 for seats + $10 food coupon.

They did win, though. And again yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Went to the Wednesday Night game that was 1-0. Wow, If there were 5,000 people there, I'd be surprised. I don't know what the Red Bulls are doing wrong, maybe it's simply not having a good team for so long, but man, they are just not bringing fans in. Admittedly, it was a weird circumstance where both the Rangers and Knicks were in the playoffs, but still, the upper deck was empty, and there was a deal on living social that was $30 for seats + $10 food coupon.

They did win, though. And again yesterday.
    Have season tickets and that was just a combination of things.

Weekday games are always a bit more quiet and the fact that it started at 7 hurt as well. Doesn't give people enough time.

Throw in the fact that just about every other sports team had HUGE games going on and it hurt that much more.

And there was definitely more than 5k... But your point is true.

They don't draw how they should considering that they score a lot of goals and win a lot of games but that will change the more you win...

They should have built the stadium in Flushing Meadow park, would have been sold out nightly.

Hopefully if the Cosmos join MLS they will build a stadium there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What's the point in firing everyone now? Strange way this sport operates. Will probably be in Harrison for sat nite game.

The team comically self-destructed again.

Despite having Thierry Henry, Rafa Marquez, Tim Cahill, the Red Bulls have not made it out of the quarterfinal round of the playoffs in 5 seasons. The last time the team made it out out of the quarterfinals before that was 2000.

No wonder the league is looking to start a 2nd team in NYC. What a damn disappointment. There's no bigger joke that Rafa Marquez. What a god damned disaster of a player.