Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spain Recommendations?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southside;4441680]IIt was cool to exterminate the native Americans but killing a bull instead of slaughtering it is archaic and evil. Whatever.

[/QUOTE]

hard to believe you can't get chicks

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southside;4441680]I will gladly go to a bull fight and run with the bulls. Some of you have lost your fkn balls. It was cool to exterminate the native Americans but killing a bull instead of slaughtering it is archaic and evil. Whatever.

I envy you Stokesy.[/QUOTE]

We have become a nation of dickless pussies.

You know they eat the bulls after they die in the ring, right? Most are given to the poor and do you know how poor Spain has become in this economy?

Go to an abottoir here in the US and see how humane cows are treated before they are slaughtered (I have, I was involved in the debtor-in-possession finanacing of the largest slaughterhouse bankruptcy in the US), I assure you it is not pretty. I'd rather live the life of a bullfighting bull and meet my end in a bullring than a cow in a slaughterhouse.

Go see how baby cows/veal are treated-they play and frolick in gorgeous parks before they are read bed-time stories and then given a tranquil medication that allows them to drift off slowly as they lay their heads on fleece pillows and softly float to heaven.

Please. It's a part of their culture. When THEY ban it, that's when I'll not go.

Freaking PETA pansies.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4441691]We have become a nation of dickless pussies.

You know they eat the bulls after they die in the ring, right? Most are given to the poor and do you know how poor Spain has become in this economy?

Go to an abottoir here in the US and see how humane cows are treated before they are slaughtered (I have, I was involved in the debtor-in-possession finanacing of the largest slaughterhouse bankruptcy in the US), I assure you it is not pretty. I'd rather live the life of a bullfighting bull and meet my end in a bullring than a cow in a slaughterhouse.

Go see how baby cows/veal are treated-they play and frolick in gorgeous parks before they are read bed-time stories and then given a tranquil medication that allows them to drift off slowly as they lay their heads on fleece pillows and softly float to heaven.

Please. It's a part of their culture. When THEY ban it, that's when I'll not go.

Freaking PETA pansies.

_[/QUOTE]

Solid post...

And there's nothing wrong with rimming a chick, assuming she's hygenic... :P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441691] When THEY ban it, that's when I'll not go.

_[/QUOTE]

way to think for yourself

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4441687]Wait, they actually kill the bulls? I had no idea, I thought "bullfighting" was a misnomer, and the matador just danced around like a jerk with a cape for a few mins. Wow.[/QUOTE]

hundreds of dollars spent on tango lessons, and I'm still just a jerk in a cape.

ole

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4441687]Wait, they actually kill the bulls? I had no idea, I thought "bullfighting" was a misnomer, and the matador just danced around like a jerk with a cape for a few mins. Wow.[/QUOTE]

There is a famous bar right across the street from the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas Bull Ring (btw, a beautiful building designed in a Neo-Moorish style festooned with tons of Mozarabic tile) and on the walls of the bar are a few photos of Frank Sinatra with some of the Master Matadors from back in the day.

Yeah, The Chairman of the Board used to frequent the bullfights in Madrid.

Wasn't there a mod here who used to love and respect Frankie?

Sinatra had a pair of brass balls.

What ever happened to men?

Edit: Pic of Los Ventas

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/442.jpg[/IMG]

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 04-22-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4433309]Gina Gershon on my flight. So hot.

_[/QUOTE]

So you had Gina Gershon on your flight you don't post pictures of her but bulls instead?

:facepalm:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441545]
    What do folks around the world think about MMA or heavyweight boxing? I know, it's not torturing an animal, but it's not far off.

_[/QUOTE]

LOL, those guys are animals. Consenting adults fighting v. killing animals for entertainment. Our culture once had slaves, women couldn't vote. We evolved.

Anyways, glad you had a nice trip.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4441804]

Our culture once ... women couldn't vote. We evolved.

.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, look how pfail that worked out for us.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4441803]So you had Gina Gershon on your flight you don't post pictures of her but bulls instead?

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

Was a crappy drive by photo with her doosy looking boyfriend. Knock yourself out, was the best I could do.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/GinaGershon.jpg[/IMG]

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441808]Yeah, look how pfail that worked out for us.

_[/QUOTE]

:D

I had to look twice. I thought you left the slavery comment in there.

Hall Of Fame
    BTW, for all you tree-hugging animal loving PETA pansies, please skip these next pictures. The cruelty and disgusting nature is not for the weak of testicles:

Restaurante Sobrino de Botin (known simply as "Botin") is acclaimed to be the oldest restaurant in the world dating back to 1725. Although a huge toursit spot, it still maintains it's authenticity and if you're traveling to Madrid on vacation--you are by definition a tourist--it's a must eat restaurant. Pretty much every celebrity, dignitary, world class athelete ever to visit Madrid has eaten there. Probaby other than the guys from Coldplay, Bushy the Beaver and Timmy.

Unfortunately, Botin's specialty is--wait for it--eewwww--Roast Suckling Pig. Now, if you love crackling crispy skin with some very light herbs and moist juicy delicious succulent tender pork washed down with some classic spanish style Rioja vino--you MIGHT like this place :rolleyes:.

If, however, you are concerned that these suckling pigs (i.e., baby pigs) are torn from their mothers breasts when just a few weeks or months old, this is not the restaurant for you.

Of course you could convince yourself that the pigs aren't ripped away from their Moms in order to serve delicious fare to humans, you could imagine that they are bred in a Matrix-like contraption with wires attached to their snouts sending electrode dreams into their brains conjuring up a life living in mud puddles and pin-wheels like that pig on the Geico commercials. In which case, buy a nutsack.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/166.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/167.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/171.jpg[/IMG]
    _
    Last edited by JStokes; 04-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4441824]:D

I had to look twice. I thought you left the slavery comment in there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not MaineJet. :D

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4441821]Was a crappy drive by photo with her doosy looking boyfriend. Knock yourself out, was the best I could do.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/GinaGershon.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

I'd rim it.

Hall Of Fame
    This must be the Spanish version of Budweiser--except it's really good. It's basically served on tap in every cafe, bar, tapas restaurant, you name it--they serve it. And they drink a LOT of beer at all times of the day. Not unusual to see folks--even older Spaniards, men and women--drinking it with their breakfast. Kind of like wine in Italy. And olives everywhere.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/MadridBeer-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/BeerOlives.jpg[/IMG]

_

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, that looks delicious. What is that on the side? The ball-shaped things.

Please stop poking the activists. There is a difference between humanely killing and eating animals and torturing them for entertainment.

BTW, great pics. Keep sharing.

Indians think cows are sacred. It's a big world folks.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4441856]Wow, that looks delicious. What is that on the side? The ball-shaped things.

Please stop poking the activists. There is a difference between humanely killing and eating animals and torturing them for entertainment.

BTW, great pics. Keep sharing.[/QUOTE]

Those are pig testicles. They are a delicacy in Spain.

They rip them off the pig while he is still living, then while the animal is writing around in pain, they have a young child with a sword go in for the kill shot. It's all in good fun.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4441879]Those are pig testicles. They are a delicacy in Spain.

They rip them off the pig while he is still living, then while the animal is writing around in pain, they have a young child with a sword go in for the kill shot. It's all in good fun.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how pigs are killed in the US to make your bacon?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4441856]Wow, that looks delicious. What is that on the side? The ball-shaped things.

[/QUOTE]

Potatoes. They eat a lot of them, a lot of different ways.

_