Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Spain Recommendations?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cathedral of Sevilla and Bell Tower (La Giralda). This is the second largest gothic cathedral in Europe behind only St. Peter's at the Vatican. Enormous.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/BellTowerSevilla.jpg[/IMG]

REALLY good sangria at a tapas bar across the street from the cathedral.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/Beer_Sangria_Sevilla.jpg[/IMG]

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441798]There is a famous bar right across the street from the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas Bull Ring (btw, a beautiful building designed in a Neo-Moorish style festooned with tons of Mozarabic tile) and on the walls of the bar are a few photos of Frank Sinatra with some of the Master Matadors from back in the day.

Yeah, The Chairman of the Board used to frequent the bullfights in Madrid.

Wasn't there a mod here who used to love and respect Frankie?

Sinatra had a pair of brass balls.

What ever happened to men?

Edit: Pic of Los Ventas

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/442.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

Take it easy Short Round. I didn't say I was morally opposed to it, I just said I didn't know what it really was. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics, Stokes! Looks like you had a great time.

Pro-job on securing the Gershon picture. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441924]Potatoes. They eat a lot of them, a lot of different ways.

_[/QUOTE]

I figured it was something like potatoes.

I little baked apple would have been perfect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4441970]Nice pics, Stokes! Looks like you had a great time.

Pro-job on securing the Gershon picture. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Was a great time, GF loved it and it was really nice spending a week with my older sopne.

As reprehensible as it may seem to some folks, I'm glad we had the bullfighting experience to share with each other.

One of those memories you never forget, as brutal as it is.

Then after we went out and had phenominal paella and sangria.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/372.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/ShrimpHead.jpg[/IMG]
    _

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a Bull Fight in Cancun about 5 years back, truly was an experience I will never forget.

I would rcomend the experience.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4442046]I saw a Bull Fight in Cancun about 5 years back, truly was an experience I will never forget.

I would rcomend the experience.[/QUOTE]

You are a horrible human being.

You don't deserve a capital G.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442042]
    One of those memories you never forget, as brutal as it is.

_[/QUOTE]

sounds like you'd enjoy a beheading or a snuff film. put 'em in the bucket list.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4442053]sounds like you'd enjoy a beheading or a snuff film. put 'em in the bucket list.[/QUOTE]

If that snuff film involved Meryl Streep, I'd see it in IMAX 3D.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442051]You are a horrible human being.

You don't deserve a capital G.

_[/QUOTE]

=========================================

My wife went with me, she had seen one before when she was an exchange student in Mexico years before. Apparently her memory had faded as we had little idea what it would be like.

A stadium built for roughly 3000 people with only about 300 in attendance, Started out with girls and boys performing traditional dance, then men and women doing the same. They had select members of the audience play soccer with a young (300 pound) bull,a abbreviated Cock Fight demo.

Then came the Matadors strutting in traditional garb, there was 1 main Matador and the other 2 assisted. The Matadors stood to the side and then came a Matador type guy on a huge horse with a spear, the horse was covered in large padding and had it's eyes covered.

Then they announced the Bull as it charged in. The Bull did not like the horse and it's rider and almost immediately charged them, the bull hit the horse lifting it from the ground and the rider gave the bull a good jab with the spear, then the horse and rider left.

Next entered the 2 Matador assistants with little 3 foot spear type of thingys, they diced around with the Bull and stuck it with 4 or so of these spear things which must of been barbed because they did not fall out but stayed stuck in the back of the Bulls neck. Then they left.

During this segment we noticed quite a few women and some men with hands to there face exiting the arena, most sat silently in rapt attention, and then there were the drunk college students raucously cheering drinking there dollar beers.

Next came the Matador, by this time the 2000 pound Bull was truly pissed off. The Bull pawed the ground and snorted just like in the cartoons and would charge over and over till it was nearly exhausted of energy and blood.

Next the Matador drew his sword and with great pomposity and ceremony drove the 3 foot blade into the back of the Bulls neck downward towards the heart all the way to the hilt.

The Bull collapsed, one of the assistant Matadors approached the gravely wounded beast and sliced it's throat, then the guy with the big horse came in and they looped a rope around the Bulls back legs and drug it out.

Then the MC came in and thanked everybody for attending and said he hoped we all enjoyed the show. Everybody stood and left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4442071]=========================================

My wife went with me, she had seen one before when she was an exchange student in Mexico years before. Apparently her memory had faded as we had little idea what it would be like.

A stadium built for roughly 3000 people with only about 300 in attendance, Started out with girls and boys performing traditional dance, then men and women doing the same. They had select members of the audience play soccer with a young (300 pound) bull,a abbreviated Cock Fight demo.

Then came the Matadors strutting in traditional garb, there was 1 main Matador and the other 2 assisted. The Matadors stood to the side and then came a Matador type guy on a huge horse with a spear, the horse was covered in large padding and had it's eyes covered.

Then they announced the Bull as it charged in. The Bull did not like the horse and it's rider and almost immediately charged them, the bull hit the horse lifting it from the ground and the rider gave the bull a good jab with the spear, then the horse and rider left.

Next entered the 2 Matador assistants with little 3 foot spear type of thingys, they diced around with the Bull and stuck it with 4 or so of these spear things which must of been barbed because they did not fall out but stayed stuck in the back of the Bulls neck. Then they left.

During this segment we noticed quite a few women and some men with hands to there face exiting the arena, most sat silently in rapt attention, and then there were the drunk college students raucously cheering drinking there dollar beers.

Next came the Matador, by this time the 2000 pound Bull was truly pissed off. The Bull pawed the ground and snorted just like in the cartoons and would charge over and over till it was nearly exhausted of energy and blood.

Next the Matador drew his sword and with great pomposity and ceremony drove the 3 foot blade into the back of the Bulls neck downward towards the heart all the way to the hilt.

The Bull collapsed, one of the assistant Matadors approached the gravely wounded beast and sliced it's throat, then the guy with the big horse came in and they looped a rope around the Bulls back legs and drug it out.

Then the MC came in and thanked everybody for attending and said he hoped we all enjoyed the show. Everybody stood and left.[/QUOTE]

You have described the 3 tercios of a bullfight, and the complimentary players are the Picadores (two horsemen with long lances) and three Banderilleros (who attempt to spear the bull with banderlliras in the back).

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/480.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/501.jpg[/IMG]
    _

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442150][IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/480.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

I see the Guardian Angels have arrived to save the bull.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4441934]The Cathedral of Sevilla and Bell Tower (La Giralda). This is the second largest gothic cathedral in Europe behind only St. Peter's at the Vatican. Enormous.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/BellTowerSevilla.jpg[/IMG]

_[/QUOTE]

That place is just begging for a dragon attack. Probably some falmer on the inside protecting some treasures and a rare enchanted weapon. I'm gonna have to custom location it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7187/6957418964_7bb34d46b6_b.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4442157]That place is just begging for a dragon attack. Probably some falmer on the inside protecting some treasures and a rare enchanted weapon. I'm gonna have to custom location it.[/QUOTE]

WTF is wrong with you?

This is an IMPORTANT thread!

Please don't hijack it with your skyrim cockgobblrey.

:alien:

Btw, do you think the resident ass-hat knows he's an ass-hat?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4442156]I see the Guardian Angels have arrived to save the bull.

-[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing Sliwa get gored to death.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4442213]I wouldn't mind seeing Sliwa get gored to death.[/QUOTE]

I still wish I was there when he got shot in the b*lls.

:D

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442042]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/ShrimpHead.jpg[/IMG]
    _

_[/QUOTE]

Spanish cousin?

:dunno:

:alien:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4442160][IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7187/6957418964_7bb34d46b6_b.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Surprised that Cross hasn't done a MeStokesta series of these yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4442150]You have described the 3 tercios of a bullfight, and the complimentary players are the Picadores (two horsemen with long lances) and three Banderilleros (who attempt to spear the bull with banderlliras in the back).

_[/QUOTE]

As Ferdinand the Bull now has a prominent place in our bedtime story rotation, I could have given that brief lesson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We never got pics of the gf Stokesy... wtf bro?