Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo ID's

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4396376]OK.

I'm not surprised that voter fraud occurred in Texas. That state has a dearth of honest folks.[/QUOTE]

You did well!! First, they're both Democrats, second you live in N.Y. the seat of political and social honesty and integrity. Third, The patriarch of the family of the biggest pile of scumbags evva The Kennedy's, did their election stealing in IL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4396394]You did well!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/freddie-mercury-rage-pose-hand-in-the-air.jpg[/IMG]

:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396383]If there is no ID check at the time of the vote, how is voter fraud "easily documented"?

Sounds like a Catch-22 to me.[/QUOTE]

it isn't, and only someone being intellectually dishonest would say so, people suspect fraud, they report it, it gets investigated...you really need me to spell out how that is easily documented?

[QUOTE]Yes. The burden in this issue should be on those claiming they cannot meet a basic requirement of identifying themselves, and establishing they posess the right to vote in the first place.[/QUOTE]

so, if I were to say that we should have handicapped access at public buildings I should prove how hard it could be for people in wheelchairs first by throwing them down a flight of stairs?

I mean, the burden should be on those who say it is hard to do...

[QUOTE]
    Not common where I sit.

From where I sit I see one side protecting a system that does not meet a basic sniff test of accountabillity.

An ID check at the voting both is as basic and fundamental a rule as I could image. If I were crafting any kind of Democartioc system, proof of identity at the time of vote would almost literally be step #1 in the voting process.

Hell, I'd get rid of registration before I'd get rid of ID checks. If it were up to me, everyone with a Social Security Card could vote be default, and simply have to produce it at the time of casting their vote.[/QUOTE]

For me, if it were as simple as use what you already have, then I say go for it, but if it is, hey you have to go to the dmv to get it and the state or fed pays for the ID or you do, and you need proof of who you are to get one it creeps into voter polling tax.

having said that though, I would be all for testing it out on a small scale, locally, and see what the effects and costs are, and I would even say test it where voter fraud is believed to be random.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4396398][IMG]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/freddie-mercury-rage-pose-hand-in-the-air.jpg[/IMG]

:D[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4396394]You did well!! First, they're both Democrats, second you live in N.Y. the seat of political and social honesty and integrity. Third, The patriarch of the family of the biggest pile of scumbags evva The Kennedy's, did their election stealing in IL[/QUOTE]

I think Illinois is the "seat of political dishonesty" in America.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4396389]It can be reported, and given what I can report, not much (almost nothing) can be done about it. Believe me, what you think you know is little. Like I said, try it yourself and report back to me the first Wednesday in November.

Your UFO example is as absurd as it gets. Some guy's report of a UFO has no impact on the real world, and no one cares about it. Voter fraud is plausible, real, and a large amount of people who care about democracy want action.[/QUOTE]

fine, lets do it this November. I am all for it. lets sit side by side and you can point out all the voter fraud and we can report it together. We can see if nothing happens when we do report it.

I will sign up right now if you will.

and UFOs could be carrying our alien overlords. That impacts everything as far as I am concerned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396404]it isn't, and only someone being intellectually dishonest would say so, people suspect fraud, they report it, it gets investigated...you really need me to spell out how that is easily documented?

[/QUOTE]

You're not grasping what I'm saying.

The necessary steps that one needs to take to prove most cases of voter fraud are PROHIBITED BY LAW.

Try it some time. See how it works out for you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396404]it isn't, and only someone being intellectually dishonest would say so, people suspect fraud, they report it, it gets investigated...you really need me to spell out how that is easily documented?

so, if I were to say that we should have handicapped access at public buildings I should prove how hard it could be for people in wheelchairs first by throwing them down a flight of stairs?

I mean, the burden should be on those who say it is hard to do...

For me, if it were as simple as use what you already have, then I say go for it, but if it is, hey you have to go to the dmv to get it and the state or fed pays for the ID or you do, and you need proof of who you are to get one it creeps into voter polling tax.

having said that though, I would be all for testing it out on a small scale, locally, and see what the effects and costs are, and I would even say test it where voter fraud is believed to be random.[/QUOTE]

What testing? they have ID gotta have it to sign up for sec8, welfare, free school lunches and to register, s.s, cash da gubment checks, go to the clinic, this is total B.S.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another issue liberals are off the wall with.

There is no reason why any persons legally born in this country and 18 years of age or older should not have ID. This should be mandatory.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4396368]Rarely? So the occasional election here and there is fine?

I find this so absurd.

Let me ask you all... what possible motivation would one have for "making up" the witness of voter fraud? :rolleyes:

Excuse me if that makes me a little upset. Being called a liar is one thing. Being called a liar on something that I've seen and upsets me so much to my core takes it to another level.[/QUOTE]

That was a joke but personally I believe our voter system is innacurate, loaded with fraud and essentially outdated. I'm starting to believe that voting is a complete waste of time. The chances of your vote actually being counted and counted accurately is so small that it's hardly worth the effort.

If people don't have to show residency or ID why should I waste my time voting at all? The right to vote doesn't mean people shouldn't have to show that they are registered residents and show who they are with some proof and today the proof that is required everywhere is a picture ID.

Our entire system is built on one person one vote and verifying who you are when casting that vote isn't an infringement on anyone's rights. Not verifying who you are is an assault on the entire voting concept. You can't function in this society without a picture ID of some kind. It's not unreasonable for people to show it when they vote.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 03-14-2012 at 11:48 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396404]it isn't, and only someone being intellectually dishonest would say so, people suspect fraud, they report it, it gets investigated...you really need me to spell out how that is easily documented?[/quote]

Yes, and cite your sources.

No ID check at the time of vote = no way of being 100% sure the person who voted was the person they claimed to be.

The burden should not be on the tiny minority that MIGHT Be reported (based on what, if no ID check is being made at the time, intuition?)

And I must point out, you've made no effort to prove that the requirement of an ID is a burden of any kind. Your only argument is "it won't do anything", which is no argument at all if ti stops even one event of voter fraud.

[QUOTE]so, if I were to say that we should have handicapped access at public buildings I should prove how hard it could be for people in wheelchairs first by throwing them down a flight of stairs?

I mean, the burden should be on those who say it is hard to do...[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about?

Stay with me here, the issue we're discussing is Voting and ID's. Not handicapped ramps.

Yes, the burden should be on the voter to prove their identiy at the time they vote.

The burden is yours to prove that that requirement is an undue burden.

[QUOTE]For me, if it were as simple as use what you already have, then I say go for it, but if it is, hey you have to go to the dmv to get it and the state or fed pays for the ID or you do, and you need proof of who you are to get one it creeps into voter polling tax.[/QUOTE]

No it's doesn't, thats laughable. Or worse, supportive of a racist idea that minorities are somehow lesser able to meet basic requirements like "shock" getting some form of State ID.

You must not think very highly of minorities tbh, if you think getting an ID is somehow beyond their abillities.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396411]fine, lets do it this November. I am all for it. lets sit side by side and you can point out all the voter fraud and we can report it together. We can see if nothing happens when we do report it.

I will sign up right now if you will.

and UFOs could be carrying our alien overlords. That impacts everything as far as I am concerned.[/QUOTE]

I'm already signed up for 2012.

And again, I won't be reporting anything, because I've already been harassed, threatened with [I]arrest[/I] and even physically handled for attempting to do so in the past. I've learned my lesson. The system needs fixing. There's no enforcing, when laws are in place to prevent it.

But feel free to give it a shot, since you think it is so easy.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 03-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4396418]That was a joke but personally I believe our voter system is innacurate, loaded with fraud and essentially outdated. I'm starting to believe that voting is a complete waste of time. The chances of your vote actually being counted and counted accurately is so small that it's hardly worth the effort.[/quote]

+1

It could use a redsesign from the top down tbh.

All that, and thats before yoi factor in the extreme limits of ideology available to vote FOR in the two-party system.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396420]Yes, and cite your sources.

No ID check at the time of vote = no way of being 100% sure the person who voted was the person they claimed to be.

The burden should not be on the tiny minority that MIGHT Be reported (based on what, if no ID check is being made at the time, intuition?)

And I must point out, you've made no effort to prove that the requirement of an ID is a burden of any kind. Your only argument is "it won't do anything", which is no argument at all if ti stops even one event of voter fraud.

WTF are you talking about?

Stay with me here, the issue we're discussing is Voting and ID's. Not handicapped ramps.

Yes, the burden should be on the voter to prove their identiy at the time they vote.

The burden is yours to prove that that requirement is an undue burden.

No it's doesn't, thats laughable. Or worse, supportive of a racist idea that minorities are somehow lesser able to meet basic requirements like "shock" getting some form of State ID.

You must not think very highly of minorities tbh, if you think getting an ID is somehow beyond their abillities.[/QUOTE]

where at all did I personally mention minorities?

strawman?

strawman?

and like you say to everyone else here, it isn't my job to do your research for you, voter fraud cases and how they have been dealt with can be found all over the web.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4396422]I'm already signed up for 2012.

And again, I won't be reporting anything, because I've already been harassed, threatened with [I]arrest[/I] and even physically handled for attempting to do so in the past. I've learned my lesson. The system needs fixing. There's no enforcing, when laws are in place to prevent it.

But feel free to give it a shot, since you think it is so easy.[/QUOTE]

like I said, let's do it together, side by side, you can point it all out to me and we can report it together.

I am calling your bluff, let's do it together and you can prove it to me in my face, I'll even buy lunch and beers afterwards.

PM me, let me know where to go to sign up and we can do it together.

We can even sing that song by the turtles while we do it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4396422]
    And again, I won't be reporting anything, because I've already been harassed, threatened with [I]arrest[/I] and even physically handled for attempting to do so in the past. [/QUOTE]

you've been strong-armed into not reporting voter fraud?????

I mean, there is a f-ing iPhone app to report voter fraud......but you were physically attacked for reporting it to the authorities?

if something doesn't pass the smell test, it is this right here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396433]where at all did I personally mention minorities?[/quote]

The entire basis of the Anti-ID Check argument in the wider world is that it places an undue burden on minorities, i.e. is a form of minority voter supression.

So no, not a strawman at all. It is the core of the side you are defending, your specific support of it or not.

Unlike that said, I have more than enough faith in ALL Americans, majority or minority, to meet the basic burden of aquiring a free State-Issued ID if they wish to express their right to vote.

[quote]it isn't my job to do your research for you[/quote]

Nor is it ours to do yours.

You make a laughably illogical claim that "voter fraud doeasn;t exist" while simultaiously defending a system seemingly designed to permit voter fraud by not performing a basic first-level confirmation check of voter identification.

Nor, apparently, can you see the problem that relying on "investigations of reported fraud" is laughably inefficient, given that no ID's are being checked int he first place, meaning those who would report such fraud are inherantly lacking the basic first-level tool they'd need to be able to prove (and hence report) that fruad.

[QUOTE=piney;4396450]if something doesn't pass the smell test, it is this right here.[/QUOTE]

The only thing in this issue that doesn;t pass a basic smell test, is a claim that showing ID when voting is any form of undue burden.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396456]The entire basis of the Anti-ID Check argument in the wider world is that it places an undue burden on minorities, i.e. is a form of minority voter supression.

So no, not a strawman at all. It is the core of the side you are defending, your specific support of it or not.[/QUOTE]

so I have to answer for everyone? I must defend all positions even if I don't subscribe to them or mention them?

yeesh..

don't forget old people, not just minorities but old people too!

[QUOTE]Nor is it ours to do yours. [/QUOTE]

I have done it, that is where I get my info from, just because what I read and looked up doesn't push your message doesn't mean I have to go back to the well, it means you have to.

[QUOTE]You make a laughably illogical claim that "voter fraud doeasn;t exist" [/QUOTE]

I said rarfe, not that it doesn't exist. Your use of quotes doesn't make it true. No wonder you get frothy at the mouth, you make up what other people think and say and then get angry at your bizarre liberal Frankenstein.

[QUOTE]
    Nor, apparently, can you see the problem that relying on "investigations of reported fraud" is laughably inefficient, given that no ID's are being checked int he first place, meaning those who would report such fraud are inherantly lacking the basic first-level tool they'd need to be able to prove (and hence report) that fruad.[/QUOTE]

this is so illogical that I don't even know where to begin. So the only way to prove voter fraud is to produce an ID, but according to you and everyone else voter fraud is rampant, even though you can't prove it or disprove it, because we don't have photo IDs, but if we had ID then we could prove it exists, but it wouldn't exist because we would have photo IDs.

[QUOTE]The only thing in this issue that doesn;t pass a basic smell test, is a claim that showing ID when voting is any form of undue burden.[/QUOTE]

right, the idea that reporting voter fraud gets you physically accosted, that seems to make sense.

"Hey, mr attorney general, I think voter fraud occured at such and such location"

#smack#

"you shut your lying mouth!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4396450]you've been strong-armed into not reporting voter fraud?????

I mean, there is a f-ing iPhone app to report voter fraud......but you were physically attacked for reporting it to the authorities?

if something doesn't pass the smell test, it is this right here.[/QUOTE]

Assuming there is very little voter fraud if any at all, why wouldn't you want a system that verifies who people are and that they are properly registered and have residency? What's wrong with accurately verifying who people are. It's no different than verifying vote counts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4396470]Assuming there is very little voter fraud if any at all, why wouldn't you want a system that verifies who people are and that they are properly registered and have residency? What's wrong with accurately verifying who people are. It's no different than verifying vote counts.[/QUOTE]

I really don't have a problem with it, but everyone has been creating my argument for me.

here is my argument:

I don't think Voter Photo ID will really stop voter fraud that truly does happen, because most reports of fraud happen outside the polling booth. Ballot stuffing and other forms of electoral fraud would be unaffected.

I don't think it would have any effect on voter registration fraud.

I don't think the cost associated with giving everyone a free ID would be well spent.

The only thing an ID would do is possibly suppress voting, now what that number would be.

How would the expiration work? If I had to pay for it what would it cost? When do I have to renew it? Where do I go to do that?

having said all that, I wouldn't oppose photo ID at the voter booth if it came to pass, I just don't think it is a cure for the actual election shenanigans that really happen in this country.