Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Photo ID's

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4431247]You'll hear nothing but crickets... Or someone will derail immediately...[/QUOTE]

I've sat at that same table and watched similar situations go down. Not just suspicious "voters", but ones who are so obviously not who they claim to be that everyone in the room knows it. Some are even so bold to subtley taunt you about it. Why? Because you can't DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You can't even SAY ANYTHING. Because the law protects THEM and hinders YOU. And to make matters worse, you have poll workers like one of the ones in this video who know it too, and don't care. They'll help you to "take care of it". Because they know why you're there. And they want to help.

[PHP][/PHP][QUOTE=JetPotato;4431203]Keep telling me that what I've seen with my own eyes never happens. Maybe you can convince yourself this didn't happen either. :rolleyes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw[/url][/QUOTE]

Great editing, I bet there are still videos on his computer that didn't help his cause. What are the voter laws within D.C.?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4431258]I've sat at that same table and watched similar situations go down. Not just suspicious "voters", but ones who are so obviously not who they claim to be that everyone in the room knows it. Some are even so bold to subtley taunt you about it. Why? Because you can't DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You can't even SAY ANYTHING. Because the law protects THEM and hinders YOU. And to make matters worse, you have poll workers like one of the ones in this video who know it too, and don't care. They'll help you to "take care of it". Because they know why you're there. And they want to help.[/QUOTE]

I like the term 'special ballot'...

Truly disgusting to hear Holder defend it between outtakes... Is the whole clip out yet?

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4431263]I like the term 'special ballot'...

Truly disgusting to hear Eric [COLOR="Red"](my people)[/COLOR] Holder defend it between outtakes... Is the whole clip out yet?[/QUOTE]

I took the liberty.^^^^^^

[QUOTE=cr726;4431260][PHP][/PHP]

Great editing, I bet there are still videos on his computer that didn't help his cause. [COLOR="Red"]What are the voter laws within D.C.[/COLOR]?[/QUOTE]
    ^^^ that's the problem^^^^ do you not get it???

If you saw from 5 ft. away, Eric [COLOR="Red"](my people)[/COLOR] Holder robbing a bank, you'd say, yeah, but!

[QUOTE]DOJ, liberal groups that oppose voter ID require photo ID to enter their buildings
    POSTED AT 1:50 PM ON APRIL 5, 2012 BY ROB BLUEY

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is currently blocking implementation of voter ID laws in South Carolina and Texas, claiming such measures are “unnecessary,” discriminatory and would make it harder for minorities to vote.

But if you’re planning to visit Holder’s office in Washington, D.C., you better bring a photo ID. The Department of Justice has two armed guards stationed outside its headquarters to check IDs of anyone who wants to enter — employees and visitors.

Holder’s politically motivated crusade against voter ID laws has the support of liberal advocacy organizations ranging from the Center for American Progress and Media Matters to the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and the Advancement Project.

Each of these organizations has criticized photo identification for voting, yet they require it to enter their Washington, D.C., offices as well. There’s even a sign in the building of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law: “ALL VISITORS MUST SHOW ID.”

Holder is able to block laws in South Carolina on Texas because they are subject to Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, a civil rights-era law that gives the Department of Justice authority over voting changes. It remains unclear if those states will be able to enforce their laws for this November’s election.

“The Obama-Holder Department of Justice has launched an all-out war on voter ID and other measures,” former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell said upon launching a new initiative called Protect Your Vote. “Although Holder’s actions are purported to prevent African-Americans from being disenfranchised, in reality they serve as a crass political attempt to ensure his boss gets re-elected this year.”

Liberals have long trotted out false arguments about voter ID laws, claiming they suppress the vote among those individuals who do not have photo identification. But a 2008 U.S. Supreme Court case upholding Indiana’s voter ID law revealed there was no such hardship. Opponents of the law were unable to produce a single plaintiff who could plausibly claim inability to get a photo ID. In addition, states with longstanding voter ID laws, such as Georgia and Indiana, have actually experienced an increase in turnout of minority voters.

Rob Bluey directs the Center for Media and Public Policy, an investigative journalism operation at The Heritage Foundation. Follow him on Twitter: @RobertBluey[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------

[QUOTE=piney;4396404]it isn't, and only someone being intellectually dishonest would say so, people suspect fraud, they report it, it gets investigated...you really need me to spell out how that is easily documented?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that without an ID check, the only way to really have "evidence" of voter fraud is to have the same guy come in multiple times to vote under multiple names, and get recognized.

But absent some recording showing it really was the same guy, how do you prove it?

"Hey, you already voted an hour ago"

"No, I didn't"

"You did, I saw you!"

"It wasn't me. Maybe it was someone who just looked like me. Do you have a picture of him?"

And of course, you wouldn't - because that would require you to take pictures of everyone the first time they came in to vote

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4431692]I'm guessing that without an ID check, the only way to really have "evidence" of voter fraud is to have the same guy come in multiple times to vote under multiple names, and get recognized.

But absent some recording showing it really was the same guy, how do you prove it?

"Hey, you already voted an hour ago"
    [/QUOTE]

Nope. Can't even get this far. I've been specifically told before working the polls that you can not question a voter or you risk being prosecuted for harassment.

You also can't take pictures.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4431771]Nope. Can't even get this far. I've been specifically told before working the polls that you can not question a voter or you risk being prosecuted for harassment.

You also can't take pictures.[/QUOTE]

Ok can I ask a question, when were these laws written?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4393380]

Pretty standard professional-liberal view on the issue.

[/QUOTE]

there is no standard "view" ....this is made up by people on both sides of the political spectrum that want to fight over nonsense

anyway, of course they have to show ID. whats the alternative? randomly showing up at any polling station and voting? thats nuts. get a friggin ID

love,

a liberal

so wait....are you saying the few times ive voted here in FL i just showed up and didnt have to show ID?

im almost tempted to volunteer just to see what i think about it.

so potato, just curious, what type of neighborhood did u get assigned to? you should wear a hidden camera and make a youtube documentary

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4431856]im almost tempted to volunteer just to see what i think about it.

so potato, just curious, what type of neighborhood did u get assigned to? you should wear a hidden camera and make a youtube documentary[/QUOTE]

Lower-middle, middle-class district. Demographics were something like 80% white, 10% black, 5% Latino. Higher than average elderly population. About even split along party registration, slight edge to the Dems. Most of the questionable activity I observed came from white "voters", and an overwhelming majority of them were on the Dem registration list in the generals. Although I've worked GOP primaries too and have observed that there as well.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4431867]Lower-middle, middle-class district. Demographics were something like 80% white, 10% black, 5% Latino. Higher than average elderly population. About even split along party registration, slight edge to the Dems. Most of the questionable activity I observed came from white "voters", and an overwhelming majority of them were on the Dem registration list in the generals. Although I've worked GOP primaries too and have observed that there as well.[/QUOTE]

so give us a specific example....a typical event that gets your attention

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4431955]so give us a specific example....a typical event that gets your attention[/QUOTE]

Ok, here's one. Voter comes to check in, only to be told that their name does not appear on the voting roll. Despite checks from multiple workers, the name and address of the person appear no where on the list, despite assurances from the voter that they have voted here before and have not changed their registration status. One of the workers slips and blurts out "Mr. X? He's my elderly neighbor. My wife is picking him up and driving him to the polls later this evening", to which the voter responds by bolting for the door, not to be seen again.

A few instances not very different than we see in this video either, in which is it blatantly obvious to both voter and worker that voter is not who they claim to be, but both continue on with a smirk and/or a wink. Sometimes even a sarcastic jab (W: "Oh, you're Mr. Y" V: "Yes, yes I am" W&V: Hearty "HAHAHA"), just so that the rest of us know "Look at what we're getting away with that you can do nothing about". Some balls some people have.

Can't tell you how frustrating that is.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4431983]Ok, here's one. Voter comes to check in, only to be told that their name does not appear on the voting roll. Despite checks from multiple workers, the name and address of the person appear no where on the list, despite assurances from the voter that they have voted here before and have not changed their registration status. One of the workers slips and blurts out "Mr. X? He's my elderly neighbor. My wife is picking him up and driving him to the polls later this evening", to which the voter responds by bolting for the door, not to be seen again.[/QUOTE]

That's actually kind of funny. Did it kinda look like this when he ran out?:

[IMG]http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/188200-1/Exits_glass_doors.gif[/IMG]

I still think that if fraud is as rampant as people say it is, producing individual photo ID's at polling stations aren't going to stop fraud where it happens the most and where it has a higher likelihood of influencing an election. Previous posters cited examples for me of election-swaying voter fraud...and they all came down to absentee balloting.

What about the voting machines? I remember a few years back hearing about how the machines themselves could be tampered with to sway election results. Is that all fixed now?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4432007]That's actually kind of funny. Did it kinda look like this when he ran out?:

I still think that if fraud is as rampant as people say it is, producing individual photo ID's at polling stations aren't going to stop fraud where it happens the most and where it has a higher likelihood of influencing an election. Previous posters cited examples for me of election-swaying voter fraud...and they all came down to absentee balloting.

What about the voting machines? I remember a few years back hearing about how the machines themselves could be tampered with to sway election results. Is that all fixed now?[/QUOTE]

Voting machines have been updated... to 1964 standards. Just another "things are fine, we don't need to change anything" issue because the modern, common sense answers would just make it more difficult to cheat.

It's 2012 and most of us will pull a mechanical lever that punches a piece of paper to vote in November. Meanwhile, I have to clear a retinal scan to get through a door leading to the nearest bathroom to take a dump at work every day. Or multiple times.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 04-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4432007]That's actually kind of funny. Did it kinda look like this when he ran out?:

What about the voting machines? I remember a few years back hearing about how the machines themselves could be tampered with to sway election results. [B] Is that all fixed now[/B]?[/QUOTE]

No, but I hear the elections are.