Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More than half of Mississippi GOP voters say Obama is a Muslim, new poll suggests

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

More than half of Mississippi GOP voters say Obama is a Muslim, new poll suggests

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-more-half-mississippi-voters-obama-muslim-192027518.html[/url]

More than half of Mississippi GOP voters say Obama is a Muslim, new poll suggests

[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]An 75% of JI Politiks Forem!!!! :D[/COLOR][/B]

By Chris Moody

More than half of likely Republican voters in Mississippi say they think President Barack Obama is a Muslim, according to a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling firm.
    Fifty-two percent said that Obama practiced Islam, while just 12 percent said he was a Christian. Thirty-six percent said they were not sure.
    Obama, whose father and stepfather both came from Muslim backgrounds, is a practicing Christian and was a member of Trinity United Church in Chicago before he was president.
    The poll, conducted by telephone of 656 likely Republican voters in Mississippi on March 10 and 11, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
    In Alabama, the same poll found that 45 percent of likely Republican voters believed Obama to be a Muslim and 14 percent said they considered him a Christian.
    The group conducted the polling in advance of the Republican presidential primaries in Alabama and Mississippi, which will be held on Tuesday.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking a Muslim that thinks he's a dictator...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's wrong with being a Muslim? I bet if you asked, more than 50% of Democrats think Mit Romney belongs to a cult.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not Christian so I'll defer to people with more knowledge of the situation but I can't imagine that going to Trinity United Church qualifies someone as being a Christian.

[URL="http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo"]http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fifty two percent of Mississippi Republicans is actually lower than I would have guessed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4393899]I'm not Christian so I'll defer to people with more knowledge of the situation but I can't imagine that going to Trinity United Church qualifies someone as being a Christian.

[URL="http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo"]http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo[/URL][/QUOTE]

So you are a Muslim I suppose?:P;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4393886]What's wrong with being a Muslim? I bet if you asked, more than 50% of Democrats think Mit Romney belongs to a cult.[/QUOTE]

As a former member of a cult that shares 70% of the same beliefs of Mormons...

;)

Give those guys a segway instead of a 10 speed....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4393886]What's wrong with being a Muslim? I bet if you asked, more than 50% of Democrats think Mit Romney belongs to a cult.[/QUOTE]

Fine except Mormons aren't slaughtering people the world over, hacking the heads off non-believers and involved in 99% of conflicts around the globe....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4393954]Fine except Mormons aren't slaughtering people the world over, hacking the heads off non-believers and involved in 99% of conflicts around the globe....[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, Dean...maybe the other religions God's should step up to the plate and prevent these kind of atrocities from happening.

I mean...the word "omnipotent" means what I think it means, right? ;)

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4393966]

I mean...the word "omnipotent" means what I think it means, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Okay, what's the inability to get an erection have to do with this thread? ;)

Seriously, man is given enough rope to hang himself with and will be judged in the end....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It proves that the majority of GOP voters in Mississippi are misinformed.

By the way, I would love to see a poll conducted as to where these people go for their news. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care about Mississippi GOP voters, but it does make me wonder:

Is thinking Barack Obama is Muslim racist?

Seriously I want to know what ya'll think.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4393861][URL]http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-more-half-mississippi-voters-obama-muslim-192027518.html[/URL]

[B][COLOR=SeaGreen]An 75% of JI Politiks Forem!!!! :D[/COLOR][/B]

By Chris Moody

More than half of likely Republican voters in Mississippi say they think President Barack Obama is a Muslim, according to a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling firm.
    Fifty-two percent said that Obama practiced Islam, while just 12 percent said he was a Christian. Thirty-six percent said they were not sure.
    Obama, whose father and stepfather both came from Muslim backgrounds, is a practicing Christian and was a member of Trinity United Church in Chicago before he was president.
    The poll, conducted by telephone of 656 likely Republican voters in Mississippi on March 10 and 11, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
    In Alabama, the same poll found that 45 percent of likely Republican voters believed Obama to be a Muslim and 14 percent said they considered him a Christian.
    The group conducted the polling in advance of the Republican presidential primaries in Alabama and Mississippi, which will be held on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
    Gee, all I had to do was look at facebook to get the same result

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think he's not a Muslim, it's because you believe him when he said he's not. I have no problem with that.

But you can't argue his actions have been WAY more pro-Muslim than pro-Christian.

That doesn't make him Muslim, but I don't think it's fair to think anyone who calls him one is nuts.

I mean, I know politicians never lie for their own best interest, but still . . .;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4394109]But you can't argue his actions have been WAY more pro-Muslim than pro-Christian. [/QUOTE]

Killing Osama was just to throw people off.

He's so damn shifty, that Obama guy :D And we fell for it!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4394130]Killing Osama was just to throw people off.

He's so damn shifty, that Obama guy :D And we fell for it![/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

So you don't think he's gone out of his way to appease Muslims? Even for political reasons?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barack Hussein Obama a Muslim?

Now where would anyone get an idea like that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4394135]Fair enough.

So you don't think he's gone out of his way to appease Muslims? Even for political reasons?[/QUOTE]

Not really.

He hasn't banned all religion, so I'd say that they little bastard has gone out of his way to piss off militant Atheists like me? What a da hell, Obummer? You promised! YOU PROMISED!!! :P

But seriously. I fail to see any difference between the way Bush treated Muslims and the way that Obama has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4394135]Fair enough.

So you don't think he's gone out of his way to appease Muslims? Even for political reasons?[/QUOTE]

Serious question ... how exactly has he gone out of his way to appease Muslims? Is it strictly the rhetoric?

His most influential actions concerning Muslims consist of bombing several different Muslim countries, killing Bin Laden, taking out the majority of Al-Queda leadership, keeping Guantanamo open, toughening sanctions on Iran, etc. In my mind, this is what truly matters and points to the exact opposite of appeasement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4393899]I'm not Christian so I'll defer to people with more knowledge of the situation but I can't imagine that going to Trinity United Church qualifies someone as being a Christian.

[URL="http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo"]http://youtu.be/9hPR5jnjtLo[/URL][/QUOTE]

It's not a church, it's Marxist indoctrination (with a twist--- Marxism based on race, not class) masquerading as Christianity.