Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Grover Norquist Jon Stewart unedited interview

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Grover Norquist Jon Stewart unedited interview

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-12-2012/exclusive---grover-norquist-extended-interview---pt--1[/url]

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-12-2012/exclusive---grover-norquist-extended-interview---pt--2[/url]

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-12-2012/exclusive---grover-norquist-extended-interview---pt--3[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The latest left-wing boogieman.

I'll pass. What he says or thinks does not interest me, nor do I think he's the "hand pulling the strings" so many liberals do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4394493]The latest left-wing boogieman.

I'll pass. What he says or thinks does not interest me, nor do I think he's the "hand pulling the strings" so many liberals do.[/QUOTE]

he had some god things to say.

SAd that you only wont even read a slightly different opinion than yours.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was okay...the best thing about when a conservative is on The Daily Show is that they have a real conversation, not a shouting match or spew soundbites.

I think the tax pledge is a little too simple, and it doesn't really address the problem problem, which even Norquist admitted to, and that is the spending.

If someone signs this pledge then they break it if they were to sign up for a deal where say they traded $5 spending dollars for $1 tax dollar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see the video but I've read up on Norquist before. He rightly believes that government (GOP or D) can not control itself when it comes to spending. Therefore any increase in taxation will lead to increases in government spending. History has shown that he is correct in those assumptions. Therefore the only way to reduce the size and scope of government is to stop it from raising taxes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4395821]he had some god things to say.

SAd that you only wont even read a slightly different opinion than yours.[/QUOTE]

I know the only reason you quote me is for attention and to troll me, but I'll bite.

1. I probably agree with him (on issues of Govt. Spending) more than I agree with you, yet I still read your "opinions".

2. I read almost every liberal on this site, all of whom hold "slightly different opinions" than my own, as do (frankly) most of the Conservatives too.

So, as you can see, nothing "sad" about it.

But hey, at least you got the attention you needed, eh?:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396198]I know the only reason you quote me is for attention and to troll me, but I'll bite.

1. I probably agree with him (on issues of Govt. Spending) more than I agree with you, yet I still read your "opinions".

2. I read almost every liberal on this site, all of whom hold "slightly different opinions" than my own, as do (frankly) most of the Conservatives too.

So, as you can see, nothing "sad" about it.

But hey, at least you got the attention you needed, eh?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

TBH I didn't watch it. Thats guys a hack. I just wanted to see if you had me on ignore.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4396221]TBH I just wanted to see if you had me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

I figured.

Obviously no.

To be honest FF, I've tried very hard not to ignore you, and to take you at your word over the years, but as I've said, I think it's a wasted effort, as I honestly don't think you post at JI for anything other than trolling.

With that said, it's my fault if I rise to the bait, so to speak.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396227]I figured.

Obviously no.

To be honest FF, I've tried very hard not to ignore you, and to take you at your word over the years, but as I've said, I think it's a wasted effort, as I honestly don't think you post at JI for anything other than trolling.

With that said, it's my fault if I rise to the bait, so to speak.[/QUOTE]

Actually I did watch it, he makes some reasonable points.

I still read all your posts, they are predictable, condescending and pompous but I do learn a few things every once in awhile so I stick with it.

Sorry you feel that way about me, I try and make points but I guess my writing doesn't get my points across as well as it should.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4396240]I try and make points[/QUOTE]

Guess we'll agree to disagree as to your intentions behind those "points" FF.

I'm sure Tex thinks he's making some great "points" on the Strip too.

:dunno:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4396256]
    I'm sure [B]Tex[/B] thinks he's making some great "points" on the Strip too.
    [/QUOTE]

Now that hurts.:eek:

I still like you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4394493]The latest left-wing boogieman.

I'll pass. What he says or thinks does not interest me, nor do I think he's the "hand pulling the strings" so many liberals do.[/QUOTE]

Forget all that crap, it's a debate about tax cuts and their past effectiveness.