Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL HOCKEY

All League

NHL HOCKEY

Any die hard hockey fans around here?

Rangers?

Devils?

Islanders?

Big Devils fan here and the playoff stretch in NY/NJ is looking to be an interesting one.

Hockey isn't ghey enough.

All League
    word

All Pro
    A third Devil fan? They just became the most represented fanbase on JI.

Hockey is easily my #1 sport. Rangers fan here.

/runs back to Rangers version of JetsInsider

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Crease29 View Post
    Hockey is easily my #1 sport. Rangers fan here.

/runs back to Rangers version of JetsInsider
    Hfboards?

You should join the Jordy and me thread. Sometimes we get other fans but they come and go. So fickle.

Big Devils fan here. They seem to getting it together at the right time. Going to be a fun playoffs

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Big Devils fan. They came back from the break with a vengeance and then hit the skids. They seem to have it working now again. Not sure where their no-hit attitude will get them though. I have some time off in April so hopefully get to some playoff games.

Oilers fan here. Look down....ok way way down. There we are....2nd last overall.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Big Devils fan. They came back from the break with a vengeance and then hit the skids. They seem to have it working now again. Not sure where their no-hit attitude will get them though. I have some time off in April so hopefully get to some playoff games.
    let me know if you go, I got my tix. Meet for a drink before...

Veteran
    Im a hugeeee rangers fan myself.

Really hoping this is the year, but the past 4 games have me rather concerned.

How bout those STL BLUES!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

Rangers?

Devils?

Islanders?

Big Devils fan here and the playoff stretch in NY/NJ is looking to be an interesting one.
    Real big Devils fan here, Rangers are the only team here that has what it takes to win the cup.

All League
    Time to unbar SAR.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Hockey isn't ghey enough.
    Boston Bruins hockey is.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've made a pact with myself not to post on gamedays for the Rangers.

I noticed a bad trend in the W-L column when I did. Typical superstitious athlete thing.

Anyway, I remember saying when I started this year's Rangers thread that I felt they could finish top 4 in the Conference. Never in my wildest dreams did I see a potential run at the President's Cup.

Having said that, I'm not sure they have what it takes to go all the way, mainly because I'm not sure that there's enough secondary scoring. Lundqvist has been amazing (although he hasn't looked sharp in the last 3-4 games). I'm thinking the Rangers are about 2 years away with kids like Kreider, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and maybe McIlrath on the cusp. Gaborik will be playing for a new contract. I'm just not convinced they have what it takes this year. I might change my mind if I can see some hope of more secondary scoring. If Callahan and/or Del Zotto have more serious injuries than what's being revealed, we're definitely screwed.

I am happy to see Zuccarello in the lineup. He helps make the PP better and, more importantly, he keeps John Scott from playing. He's horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Hfboards?

You should join the Jordy and me thread. Sometimes we get other fans but they come and go. So fickle.
    Yup. HFBoards is my spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I've made a pact with myself not to post on gamedays for the Rangers.

I noticed a bad trend in the W-L column when I did. Typical superstitious athlete thing.

Anyway, I remember saying when I started this year's Rangers thread that I felt they could finish top 4 in the Conference. Never in my wildest dreams did I see a potential run at the President's Cup.

Having said that, I'm not sure they have what it takes to go all the way, mainly because I'm not sure that there's enough secondary scoring. Lundqvist has been amazing (although he hasn't looked sharp in the last 3-4 games). I'm thinking the Rangers are about 2 years away with kids like Kreider, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and maybe McIlrath on the cusp. Gaborik will be playing for a new contract. I'm just not convinced they have what it takes this year. I might change my mind if I can see some hope of more secondary scoring. If Callahan and/or Del Zotto have more serious injuries than what's being revealed, we're definitely screwed.

I am happy to see Zuccarello in the lineup. He helps make the PP better and, more importantly, he keeps John Scott from playing. He's horrendous.
    I agree, the Rangers weren't supposed to be this good this quickly. If the CBA landscape doesn't change too much, the Rangers should be primed for a run in a couple of years when the younger guys are on the last year of their ELCs.

Things are going to get interesting if Sather signs Kreider to the big club after BC's season is over. Who comes out of the lineup? Kreider is a leftie.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
    Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan
    Kreider - Anisimov - Fedotenko
    Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Mitchell and MZA out. Mitchell has been more effective than Feds but Torts loves Feds and you can't discount his playoff experience. Unless MZA starts tearing it up, I don't see him on the playoff roster if Kreider sticks.

Definitely going to be an interesting playoffs in NY/NJ. A Devils/Rangers match-up in the 2nd round is very possible. That would be a lot of fun.

As for the Devils, I'm really loving the way they are coming together. Lamoriello has made 2 great trades to really make the team more complete. Acquired Ponikarovsky for next to nothing and he's been really solid in improving the play of the 3rd and 4th lines. Also the trade for Zidlicky has been paying off big time over the last 6 or so games. Having that skating and passing ability from a defenseman has been something this team hasn't seen in quite some time. He's the best passer we have back there already and is a very valuable weapon added to the PP. In addition, Zajac and Tallinder can be coming back for the playoff run.

I don't realistically see this team as a Stanley Cup contender, but stranger things have happened. They will be a tough out for anybody they face and can make some noise in the playoffs. They match up very well against the Rangers. I don't see them winning a potential series against the Rangers because of Lundqvist, but I could see that going 7 games.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

Rangers?

Devils?

Islanders?

Always been a Rangers Fan I lost interest at a point but now these Rangers seem like they can make a legit run