Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NHL HOCKEY

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Actually he is a twat, instigator, pulls chit from behind leaves his helmet on after he starts chit like a little girl wou ld love to see that great player have his teeth knocked down his fukin throat.
    My guess is that he is NOT your favorite player.

I'm trying to be happy that Pittsburgh is down 3-0, but I just hate the Flyers way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm trying to be happy that Pittsburgh is down 3-0, but I just hate the Flyers way too much.
    I was hoping they took it to 7 and beat the absolute p!ss out of each other while it happened...

I hate rooting for Philthy but it is impossible to like anything about the Penguins... I haven't hated a group of players that much in quite some time...

Jets Insider VIP
    Adams got 1 game for his actions.

Balysma fined $10K because of Adams' actions.

These were both automatic for being an instigator in the final 5 minutes of regulation.

I imagine more suspensions/fines are coming from that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I was hoping they took it to 7 and beat the absolute p!ss out of each other while it happened...

I hate rooting for Philthy but it is impossible to like anything about the Penguins... I haven't hated a group of players that much in quite some time...
    Totally agree.

Unbelievable the way Neal left his feet and hit Couturier blind side.

But of course Shanahan has been using the "no injury no suspension" measuring stick.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    My guess is that he is NOT your favorite player.
    I don't like any player that acts the way he does and then goes and hides behind his mothers skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Totally agree.

But of course Shanahan has been using the "no injury no suspension" measuring stick.
    It's ****ing bull****. What Weber did to Zett changes nothing if Zett leaves with a concussion... WTF happened to INTENT?!?

Shanahan needs to go...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't like any player that acts the way he does and then goes and hides behind his mothers skirt.
    You definitely would have hated Bobby Clarke.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's ****ing bull****. What Weber did to Zett changes nothing if Zett leaves with a concussion... WTF happened to INTENT?!?

Shanahan needs to go...
    My suspicion is that Bettmann is behind much of this and that Shanahan is just a pawn.

My suspicion is that Bettmann is behind much of this and that Shanahan is just a pawn.
    Thoughts on Shaw suspension?

Jets Insider VIP
    Thoughts on Shaw suspension?
    You've got a Vezina Trophy candidate who may not be able to play.

However, I think it was accidental on Shaw's part. I think he was expecting that he'd be able to slip past Smith along the boards. However, there was no room and unfortunately, Smith's head was in his path.

Shanahan's explanation was rather lengthy which tells me he was trying to go out of his way to find a reason to uphold the suspension.

This has been a crazy playoffs so far.

Edit: I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Bettmann had a hand in Shaw's suspension.

Doesn't the NHL "own" the Coyotes right now? Hmm.
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    It must suck to be a penguins fan right now.

I imagine Sharrow is rocking in the fetal position.

Supposedly, Lemieux is ashamed of the actions of Neal and Asham. He should also be ashamed of Adams as well.

You've got a Vezina Trophy candidate who may not be able to play.
    He'll play... All that acting, he looked like an Italian soccer player...

However, I think it was accidental on Shaw's part. I think he was expecting that he'd be able to slip past Smith along the boards. However, there was no room and unfortunately, Smith's head was in his path.

Shanahan's explanation was rather lengthy which tells me he was trying to go out of his way to find a reason to uphold the suspension.

This has been a crazy playoffs so far.
    I agree this has been nuts... I think the LO is overstepping its bounds, regardless of who is pulling the strings...

Watching Shanahan break down the play, he kept insinuating he didn't try to avoid contact enough... He shouldered himself on the board and Smith's head just got in the way... So players should just stop skating when the goalie is no longer in the crease? That's fargin' crazy talk...

what Torres did to Hossa last night was beyond the pale. How could he not get a game misconduct or a match penalty?

Undrafted Free Agent

Wink

Hawks fan here......on the Hossa hit last night.

Watch this be a one game suspension for Torres. Afterall, you have a former Redwings captain doling out the penalties for the league. Dont be surprised if Toews gets a game for shooting after the horn sounded to end the 2nd.