Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHL HOCKEY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It didn't appear that Tortorella was too pleased with Deboers for starting the game off with that lineup.
    Yes, indeed. The two of them exchanged some words through the media, as well. Deboer basically called Tortorella a hypocrite after the game and today Tortorella told him to shut up. LOL, I'm lovin' it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yes, indeed. The two of them exchanged some words through the media, as well. Deboer basically called Tortorella a hypocrite after the game and today Tortorella told him to shut up. LOL, I'm lovin' it.
    I bet DeBoer didn't expect Torts to put Bickel out there at center. That was quick thinking on his part. That was the best fight of the 3, Bickel and Carter.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had phases growing up in the Tri-State. Rangers some, Devils some. Moved down to the DC area almost 5 years ago. Met up with some friends at a local bar a few years ago during the playoffs. Wall-to-wall Red. Had a great time and have been hooked since then.

Been a rough year where the only consistency was inconsistency but 2 points ahead for 8th and 2 points out of the Southeast and...

IS BACK!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Penguins! They can't beat Philly but they're my fav. I can give a # off their roster and my 12 year old daughter can tell you who it is. Its awesome.
    Always liked Mario and now he owns the team. Ambassador to the sport.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Milbury obviously forced by someone (NBC, CBC and/or Gary Bettmann) to apologize for his Cindy Crosby remarks.

But no one on the Pebguins is more of a punk than Evgeni Malkin. (With honorable mention to Matt Cooke).

Malkin is a great player. But he is a punk.

I despise the Flyers, but watching him in that game getting away with what he got away with, was disgusting.

Laying on a guy, looking up to see if the refs are watching and then pummeling the guy's head into the ice with several punches to the back of his head while he lay prone on the ice.

Twice (that I saw) during a mild scrum, suckerpunching Couturier.

No calls.

Punk. The Cowardly Russian.

Waiting for the day that he drops the gloves against someone who he knows can fight (not Zetterberg or Nash).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on cue with my comments yesterday ^^^^

Assistant coach Craig Berube calls Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin dirty players -

Postmedia News Apr 5, 2012 – 9:56 AM ET

Philadelphia Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube has added fuel to the already raging fire that is his team’s rivalry with Pittsburgh, calling Penguins stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “two of the dirtiest players on their hockey team.”

The comments Tuesday on CSN Philly Daily News Live came two days after the Flyers and Penguins engaged in a late game line brawl, touched off by a pair of incidents between Crosby and Flyers’ Brayden Schenn and a thundering check by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Flyers’ Danny Briere.

They slash, they punch guys in the face they do all these little things,” Berube told CSN Philly. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs (Crosby) over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”

The Flyers and Penguins meet in the regular-season finale on Saturday and are expected to meet in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...dirty-players/

Of course, Berube was far from an angel when he played. Dirty as they come. But everyone knew that. He was an enforcer. He gave and he received. He didn't cry about it and hide behind double standards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on cue with my comments yesterday ^^^^

Assistant coach Craig Berube calls Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin dirty players -

Postmedia News Apr 5, 2012 – 9:56 AM ET

Philadelphia Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube has added fuel to the already raging fire that is his team’s rivalry with Pittsburgh, calling Penguins stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “two of the dirtiest players on their hockey team.”

The comments Tuesday on CSN Philly Daily News Live came two days after the Flyers and Penguins engaged in a late game line brawl, touched off by a pair of incidents between Crosby and Flyers’ Brayden Schenn and a thundering check by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Flyers’ Danny Briere.

They slash, they punch guys in the face they do all these little things,” Berube told CSN Philly. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs (Crosby) over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”

The Flyers and Penguins meet in the regular-season finale on Saturday and are expected to meet in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...dirty-players/

Of course, Berube was far from an angel when he played. Dirty as they come. But everyone knew that. He was an enforcer. He gave and he received. He didn't cry about it and hide behind double standards.
    Berube is crying loud isn't he. Hockey is a dirty sport and they all do dirty things whether ahead or behind. You can't defend the flyers while talking about dirty players either. Them and their fans are the worst.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Berube is crying loud isn't he. Hockey is a dirty sport and they all do dirty things whether ahead or behind. You can't defend the flyers while talking about dirty players either. Them and their fans are the worst.
    Nobody is defending the Flyers. They are a very dirty team, I can't stand them or their fans. Rinaldo has pulled two separate slew foots on the Devils this year alone (both on Parise, I believe). That doesn't mean the Pens aren't dirty either. They're punks like Jordy mentioned, with their two best players being front and center.

You can't lump the entire league in with this either. The Rangers and Devils despise each other. I don't recall seeing any antics like this when they've met this season. Worst I remember was Clarkson leaving his feet to hit Dubinsky. Ended up being harmless, but it's a dirty/dangerous play in general.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    The issue I have and the reason that Crosby and Malkin stand out among almost everyone else, is that they are "stars" and often get preferential treatment, usually in the form of the refs looking the other way, but play a dirty game. Nobody respects any player who plays dirty and is perceived to "get away with it."

And I've generally found pens fans especially to be in denial.

Bobby Clarke was similar when he played. His M.O. was to carve someone up with his stick and then go hide behind Dave Schultz like a little *****, and smirk and pop his mouth off to the other team while Schultz was protecting him. He was the ultimate coward to me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone want to know how Tuukkaa's injury is progressing?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Anyone want to know how Tuukkaa's injury is progressing?
    I heard it was a dislocated vagina.

How is that going?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard it was a dislocated vagina.

How is that going?
    GO Rangers.....short of the 1994 Stanley cup only the birth of my 2 daughters and the marriage of my oldest are greater days.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for the postseason!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruins Caps game is teh awesome...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone watching this Pitt/philly game? I can't believe it's only the first period. 6 goals, 3 game misconducts a fight between Giroux and Crosby.

Dislike both these teams - but I find myself rooting for the Flyers....that might be a first.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Anyone watching this Pitt/philly game? I can't believe it's only the first period. 6 goals, 3 game misconducts a fight between Giroux and Crosby.

Dislike both these teams - but I find myself rooting for the Flyers....that might be a first.
    Ditto. As painful as that might be. That's how much I despise Pittsburg.

By the way, if Hagelin gets a suspension after what Shea Weber got away with, that would be a travesty. Same with Phillips, although Phillips left his feet. Carkner's actions was an ambush. He should get games.

If Hagelin does get suspended, enter Kris Kreider. The Senators may regret that in the long run.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its okay Pittsburg hates you too. They just got a billboard for it.

If Pitt gets by Philly somehow, they'll eat the Rangers alive.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone please split Crosby's head open, please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pens need a 2004 boston red sox like come back. It's funny how people hate Crosby because he is the best player in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Pens need a 2004 boston red sox like come back. It's funny how people hate Crosby because he is the best player in the world.
    Actually he is a twat, instigator, pulls chit from behind leaves his helmet on after he starts chit like a little girl wou ld love to see that great player have his teeth knocked down his fukin throat.