Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: JETS FA Rumor Thread

[QUOTE=C Mart;4398411]Why? Maybe they are but curious what event is leading to your comment[/QUOTE]

Because, unless something drastic happens soon, we will be fielding pretty much the same team that went 8-8 last year with some unproven rookies sprinkled in. Wouldn't be a big deal if we had great quarterback play to overcompensate for some of the deficiencies we have but our QB is mediocre at best

[QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4398422]Because, unless something drastic happens soon, we will be fielding pretty much the same team that went 8-8 last year with some unproven rookies sprinkled in. Wouldn't be a big deal if we had great quarterback play to overcompensate for some of the deficiencies we have but our QB is mediocre at best[/QUOTE]

I think Sanchez is better than mediocre but in a sense I do agree. I see 10-6. They haven't done enough to carry them over the hump. Might be good for a wildcard but playoff games at home are no where near.

So let me guess some people on this board is going nuts because we didn't sign "top safety" Brandon Merriweather the same Brandon Merriweather that Braylon dragged to the end zone in the playoffs...got it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4398430]So let me guess some people on this board is going nuts because we didn't sign "top safety" Brandon Merriweather the same Brandon Merriweather that Braylon dragged to the end zone in the playoffs...got it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone wanted Meriweather.

Most of us are on the Reggie Nelson bandwagon.

And if Nelson gets snatched up from us, then I'm going to be pissed. Once he's signed, there isn't another cover safety on the market that is worth a damn. If that happens, then say hello to Mark Barron at #16.

[QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4398422]Because, unless something drastic happens soon, we will be fielding pretty much the same team that went 8-8 last year with some unproven rookies sprinkled in. Wouldn't be a big deal if we had great quarterback play to overcompensate for some of the deficiencies we have but our QB is mediocre at best[/QUOTE]

So define "something drastic soon" and how do you want to accomplish this "something drastic"?

Also, wasn't pretty much this same team 11-5 in 2010 and went to the AFCCG with that QB and is now void of the OC, which most of the people here said once you get rid of him great things would follow?

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4398435]I don't think anyone wanted Meriweather.

Most of us are on the Reggie Nelson bandwagon.

And if Nelson gets snatched up from us, then I'm going to be pissed. Once he's signed, there isn't another cover safety on the market that is worth a damn. If that happens, then say hello to Mark Barron at #16.[/QUOTE]

Its really hard to find a decent safety these days. I wouldn't mind drafting Barron at 16. As long as we get an OT in FA

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4398440]Its really hard to find a decent safety these days. I wouldn't mind drafting Barron at 16. As long as we get an OT in FA[/QUOTE]

I agree, it all depends on how things shake out.

My point is that if we don't sign Nelson, we're almost forced to take Barron in the 1st round if we want to upgrade the safety position.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4398448]I agree, it all depends on how things shake out.

My point is that if we don't sign Nelson, we're almost forced to take Barron in the 1st round if we want to upgrade the safety position.[/QUOTE]
    What about Harrison Smith in the 2nd?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4398448]I agree, it all depends on how things shake out.

My point is that if we don't sign Nelson, we're almost forced to take Barron in the 1st round if we want to upgrade the safety position.[/QUOTE]

Even if Nelson is signed, the Jets would still need to draft a safety. Maybe not Barron, but they definitely need another one.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4398455]What about Harrison Smith in the 2nd?[/QUOTE]

Not only do I think he won't be there when we pick in Round 2, but I'm not really a big fan.

Best case scenario, he's Eric Weddle. Worst case scenario, he's Jon McGraw.

I think he's in the middle. He'll be an average starting safety IMO. Certainly not worth a 2nd round pick in my view.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4398457]Even if Nelson is signed, the Jets would still need to draft a safety. Maybe not Barron, but they definitely need another one.[/QUOTE]

I've said before that if I'm the Jets, I sign both Nelson and Landry and call it a day in free agency. And maybe bring back Braylon on the cheap if he's healthy.

I think some people don't realize how much this safety class blows. There's Barron and Harrison Smith (who I'm not too high on) and really nothing else. At least not anyone who can be relied on as a starter from day 1.

Signing Nelson and Landry gives us arguably the best secondary in the league and puts our safety issues behind us for the forseeable future. Then use the draft to find help at receiver, OLB, and OL.

Landry needs Achilles Surgery. Why the hell would you sign him at all?

Jets Insider VIP
    Nelson and Barron are the way to go for us IMO.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0hokm0[/url]

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4398470]I've said before that if I'm the Jets, I sign both Nelson and Landry and call it a day in free agency. And maybe bring back Braylon on the cheap if he's healthy.

I think some people don't realize how much this safety class blows. There's Barron and Harrison Smith (who I'm not too high on) and really nothing else. At least not anyone who can be relied on as a starter from day 1.

Signing Nelson and Landry gives us arguably the best secondary in the league and puts our safety issues behind us for the forseeable future. Then use the draft to find help at receiver, OLB, and OL.[/QUOTE]
    How realistic is it to sign [I]both[/I]?

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4398470]I've said before that if I'm the Jets, I sign both Nelson and Landry and call it a day in free agency. And maybe bring back Braylon on the cheap if he's healthy.

Signing Nelson and Landry gives us arguably the best secondary in the league and puts our safety issues behind us for the forseeable future. Then use the draft to find help at receiver, OLB, and OL.[/QUOTE]
    I think Leonard would return a lot cheaper than Landry. I say get Nelson, bring back Leonard, cut Smith, and draft a guy (Maybe Barron?). Leonard would be a valuable person to help the new safeties learn the system faster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Barron with Rex training him would develop well he is very instinctive and plays the position well. He can use more training in man to man coverages. The man is much more talented then some are saying here.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sdocot[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jonathan;4398486]How realistic is it to sign [I]both[/I]?[/QUOTE]

I think it's very realistic. We just won't be able to do much else in FA.

Reggie Nelson
    LaRon Landry
    Braylon Edwards/Chaz Schilens

I'd be perfectly content with signing just those three guys and calling it a day until the draft.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Zombo;4398487]I think Leonard would return a lot cheaper than Landry. I say get Nelson, bring back Leonard, cut Smith, and draft a guy (Maybe Barron?). Leonard would be a valuable person to help the new safeties learn the system faster.[/QUOTE]

rework smith, he's serviceable, he was dog slow last year, but he also had knee/leg problems most of the season. Get him down to <mill and he's a good in the box safety that knows our system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4398500]I think it's very realistic. We just won't be able to do much else in FA.

Reggie Nelson
    LaRon Landry
    Braylon Edwards/Chaz Schilens

I'd be perfectly content with signing just those three guys and calling it a day until the draft.[/QUOTE]

Landry has made 17 games in the last 2 years and has a Achilles problem...:eek:

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4398470]I've said before that if I'm the Jets, I sign both Nelson and [B]Atogwe[/B] and call it a day in free agency. And maybe bring back Braylon on the cheap if he's healthy.

[/QUOTE]

fixed.